• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Doubt this considering Nick didn’t want them adding neigel, hugh and a few others in the game.
Well, it's true:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, it's true:
You’re kidding me….

I just died even more inside…

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, it's true:
Maybe I’m just denying it, but I still don’t buy this. The leaks go against this, Hey Arnold has no relevance to modern Nick, that the executives have no reason to push her, she’s not even the most popular pick for the show.

Like it just doesn’t add up, and I don’t even hate her inclusion, the story is just shady imo.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well, it's true:
This is like Sakurai's team specifically asking him to add Corrin.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
He can always ask Chris Pratt for advice on how to handle the haters if we’re really worried about the inevitable mass complaining from manchildren. :239:

Either that or Chris Pratt has been practicing very well
I want to see twitter melt down if its chris Pratt, that would be funny as hell
Still at the hospital. Should be home by tomorrow.

I had surgery done, and now I have a giant hole in me that they have to put packing in.

By the ways thanks for letting me keep you guys up to date about this. Idk if its against the rules but I do consider some of you my friends and truthfully, it just helps with my anxiety and depression to be able to type it out to someone.
What kinda infection was it? Sounds l7je it was on the inner leg?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hey Arnold has no relevance to modern Nick
Nick's main source of income nowadays is shirts covered in stock images of 90's cartoon characters, not having new episodes of Hey Arnold doesn't matter.

Shroob

Sup?
Is it worse to sink into the dark abyss? Cause that’s what I want.

This crossover has been my dream since childhood and they’re making a mockery of the very concept!
Never, ever stare into the abyss.
The abyss will always stare back.

It can't afford eyedrops right now so please be considerate.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'll always find it funny how despite being the 7th Fire Emblem character, Chrom was kinda given a free pass due to how Smash4 treated him lmao
Chrom wasn't blatant promotion for the newest game. If they started picking FE characters based on who the fans actually like instead of just sword-wielding commercials, people wouldn't make as much of a stink.

*Says the Pokemon fan

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Don’t need Chris Pratt becoming Mario’s new voice to melt Twitter.

The platform is considering making it a completely paid service (as in, can’t use for free)
I'm not seeing any details of such. The platform get VERY vocal whenever Musk announces new bull****.

EDIT: There it is

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Chrom wasn't blatant promotion for the newest game. If they started picking FE characters based on who the fans actually like instead of just sword-wielding commercials, people wouldn't make as much of a stink.

*Says the Pokemon fan
Tbf, characters based on just released games are always a gamble and a half on how they'd be recepted. Sakurai got lucky with Greninja since he ended up being a fan favorite, but Corrin flopped because Fates wasn't well liked and Corrin was badly recieved. And then they did the same with Incineroar who had mixed results for a combination of reasons.
Medeus. Medeus. Medeus.
I wish Medusa was real

Shroob

Sup?
Ey Noi, since you're an artist

since it seems like we may be getting "Kleavor" in the 2nd dlc ala Ursaluna, how would you go about designing it.

Noipoi

Howdy!

since it seems like we may be getting "Kleavor" in the 2nd dlc ala Ursaluna, how would you go about designing it.
That's a tricky one. I guess it depends on what they're going for.

If they want it to be just like Bloodmoon Ursaluna, maybe make it's axes all gnarled and oversized. Though they're already pretty big. Have it look like the little stone bits are now overtaking its body, and make it look painful! Also give it black and red eyes. Real edgy ****.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nick's main source of income nowadays is shirts covered in stock images of 90's cartoon characters, not having new episodes of Hey Arnold doesn't matter.
Is that a bug income? Sure, but definitely not the biggest.

As good as Hey Arnold is, it always flew under the radar in terms of popularity long term.

Nicks big money makers nowadays are SpongeBob, Dora, Baby Shark, the Loud House, and maybe the TMNT merch. Probably more, but I don’t pay much heed to modern Nick.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Is that a bug income? Sure, but definitely not the biggest.

As good as Hey Arnold is, it always flew under the radar in terms of popularity long term.

Nicks big money makers nowadays are SpongeBob, Dora, Baby Shark, the Loud House, and maybe the TMNT merch. Probably more, but I don’t pay much heed to modern Nick.
Shirts are much cheaper, easier to produce, and more accessible. It probably sold more than the entire show did. Merch is what makes the big bucks, and Nick LOVES 90s pandering.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This made me realize something.

There’s all this debate about slots in the code, but I wonder, is there potentially a loophole to that?

Like how does the game count regional forms? Because if it’s under the same text chain as the original entry, then theoretically we could get any amount of regional variants in the DLC.

Having Unovan forms would be a fun idea as we never got to see them previously.
Shirts are much cheaper, easier to produce, and more accessible. It probably sold more than the entire show did. Merch is what makes the big bucks, and Nick LOVES 90s pandering.
the problem there is, it’s not just a shirt with hey Arnold on it. There’s other, more iconic characters on all of these shirts. I have not seen a single 90s Nick shirt the past few years that doesn’t have multiple shows on it, unless it was rugrats.

I even have a summer shirt that they sold at Nickelodeon World in New Jersey. Which is a beach day theme with literally every 90s main Nicktoon characters on it. That’s just how they make mech. There’s no way Nick is going to think that of all the franchises, hey Arnold is selling those shirts.

If that was the case, there would be a reboot of it, not the rugrats currently.

Shroob

Sup?
This made me realize something.

There’s all this debate about slots in the code, but I wonder, is there potentially a loophole to that?

Like how does the game count regional forms? Because if it’s under the same text chain as the original entry, then theoretically we could get any amount of regional variants in the DLC.

Having Unovan forms would be a fun idea as we never got to see them previously.
From what I remember, Ursaluna didn't leak until the HOME leak happened, so it wouldn't surprise me if this new Kleavor doesn't either.

I'd like it to just be normal Kleavor which would mean that we could just evolve Scyther into it in SV, but considering it's the only Hisui mon in the dex...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Tbf, characters based on just released games are always a gamble and a half on how they'd be recepted. Sakurai got lucky with Greninja since he ended up being a fan favorite, but Corrin flopped because Fates wasn't well liked and Corrin was badly recieved. And then they did the same with Incineroar who had mixed results for a combination of reasons.

I wish Medusa was real
And Byleth poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, and delivered a plague until our houses…. our three houses

Noipoi

Howdy!
And Byleth poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, and delivered a plague until our houses…. our three houses
It's honestly Corrin's fault that Byleth was so poorly received.

Think about it. By the time of their reveal Three Houses was already beloved, and was the best selling game in the series. And while there was a joke about it here and there, the "Too much Fire Emblem" vitriol didn't really start until Corrin was shoved in at the very end of Smash 4.

Instead of a cool newcomer like Inkling or a dearly missed veteran like Snake. Before their game was even out in the West. A game that no one liked anyway. Back when we thought there wouldn't be any Smash content for years and years. It was the dragons that made the thought of anything FE toxic to Smash fans.

If there was never any Corrin, while it wouldn't have been the most popular Smash reveal in history, the reaction to Byleth would've been much more lukewarm.

In summary, blame Corrin.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Byleth definitely got a warmer reception as time went on, probably because they weren't the last character, but also it renewed interest in Three Houses and turns out people actually liked it a lot.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
at least the other 4 1/2 (or 5) houses

Think about it. By the time of their reveal Three Houses was already beloved, and was the best selling game in the series. And while there was a joke about it here and there, the "Too much Fire Emblem" vitriol didn't really start until Corrin was shoved in at the very end of Smash 4.

Instead of a cool newcomer like Inkling or a dearly missed veteran like Snake. Before their game was even out in the West. A game that no one liked anyway. Back when we thought there wouldn't be any Smash content for years and years. It was the dragons that made the thought of anything FE toxic to Smash fans.

If there was never any Corrin, while it wouldn't have been the most popular Smash reveal in history, the reaction to Byleth would've been much more lukewarm.

…I like Corrin (well…just Forrin and not Morrin) and Fates. Can something else be blamed?
Byleth definitely got a warmer reception as time went on, probably because they weren't the last character, but also it renewed interest in Three Houses and turns out people actually liked it a lot.
that and them having multiple weapons helped out

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did a re-draw started by this lady, believe it or not, this was actually more of an excuse to practice an exaggerated expression and less about ass.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I remember the everyone is here trailer. I was screaming and cheating for everyone. Then Corrin came on and I just said “**** you corrin”. Then went back to being over the moon af.

Top Bottom