• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I've been watching more of One Piece and honestly I have mixed feelings on it.

On the one hand it's clearly made with a lot of love and passion for the source material and it could've been a lot worse.

On the other hand I feel like the performances can be a bit hit or miss, I don't like some of the changes made to the original (although it's probably because of how strongly I feel towards the original series), and the series kind of fails to justify its existence? Like, a lot of things about One Piece just don't translate to live action which includes some of the over the top characterizations, so what's the point of making it besides "there's real meat people instead of cartoon ones"? Like yeah you could argue that it's a lot less intimidating to get into, I got my dad to watch it with me for that very reason, but I'm not even sure it's gonna get another season, let alone cover the whole manga, because Netflix could Netflix it out of existence at a moment's notice, so it could very well be an incomplete experience.

But now my dad is more receptive to the idea of reading the manga so that's not nothing I guess

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Call me a pessimist but I think this really means nothing
Seems more likely to me they were just removing the mentioning of two consoles they don't sell anymore
They hav had like 3 years for that. Also it would just say for switch then. That’s not what that article is implying though.

At this point I think there’s quite a bit of smoke. Maybe the September direct isn't that impossible for a reveal. If not, I think before the end of the year is likely.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That was actually a 600 iq play to misdirect the fans.

You see, 2+2+0+4=8. Therefore the next console releases in 2028.
Actually I think it* 2x2x0x4, which is 0. Therefore, they launch their console to back in time to when Jesus Christ was born. Yeah there were three giftbearers for him, but the Bible will be rewritted to include Miyamoto's 4th gift of a Nintendo Switch U Deluxe.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The negative reactions I'm seeing to Ahsoka are some of the most overblown criticism I've seen towards Star Wars in a while.

At least Rise of Skywalker had blatantly bad story elements that virtually everyone agrees on. Like, it does have a few notable issues, and there's some valid criticisms towards it (and other Star Wars shows for that matter) but it's getting tiring seeing people try and declare most of the Star Wars shows (or heck, a lot of shows out there for that matter) to be unambiguous trash with zero redeeming qualities.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Batman, the rest of DC, the og Power Rangers, WWE, Street Fighter, Tony Hawk, fellow Nicktoons, Ghostbusters, Stranger Things, X-Files (and somewhat Transformers as well as GI Joe)….just some of the new and fresh (enough) TMNT crossovers done within the past decade

There’s still so many other crossover possibilities Nickelodeon can do with the franchise

so give me my Mario/TMNT and TMNT/Marvel crossovers already
The fact that Peter Parker hasnt teamed up with the turtles yet is so strange to me.

StormC

Smash Hero
I've been watching more of One Piece and honestly I have mixed feelings on it.

On the one hand it's clearly made with a lot of love and passion for the source material and it could've been a lot worse.

On the other hand I feel like the performances can be a bit hit or miss, I don't like some of the changes made to the original (although it's probably because of how strongly I feel towards the original series), and the series kind of fails to justify its existence? Like, a lot of things about One Piece just don't translate to live action which includes some of the over the top characterizations, so what's the point of making it besides "there's real meat people instead of cartoon ones"? Like yeah you could argue that it's a lot less intimidating to get into, I got my dad to watch it with me for that very reason, but I'm not even sure it's gonna get another season, let alone cover the whole manga, because Netflix could Netflix it out of existence at a moment's notice, so it could very well be an incomplete experience.

But now my dad is more receptive to the idea of reading the manga so that's not nothing I guess
The series exists mostly so people unwilling to read manga or watch anime might get invested in the franchise, yes. Netflix is also banking on this being their equivalent of Star Wars/MCU etc. - a big action/adventure fantasy series that both kids and adults can enjoy. Whether or not it will pay off is impossible to tell, but the first season seems like it's been well received on all accounts.

As a longtime fan (nearly two decades), I think most of the changes they made were sensible to streamline the story. Some didn't work for me but overall I feel the creative team is confident both in the series and their ability to adapt it. If the strikes resolve themselves in a timely fashion (read: the studios pay actors and writers what they're worth), I think a season 2 is pretty likely. It's gotten good reviews, fans are happy with it for the most part, and it's doing well in terms of numbers. Netflix put serious money in this (reportedly a bigger budget than even Game Of Thrones), so we'll see what they do.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm glad Nabbit is in Wonder.

I think's he's kind of cute.
I have nothing against Nabbit, he's cool.

I hope that DLC adds three new characters - Red Toad, Wario, and Rosalina, so that this game can say that literally every character that's ever been playable in a mainline Mario game is in Wonder (minus Daredevil ofc)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I have nothing against Nabbit, he's cool.

I hope that DLC adds three new characters - Red Toad, Wario, and Rosalina, so that this game can say that literally every character that's ever been playable in a mainline Mario game is in Wonder (minus Daredevil ofc)
I also want Pauline, and Birdo, and Waluigi.

And DK, Diddy, Geno, and Mallow. Just make everyone playable!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The voice performances are pretty good in this:

Reactions: ---
Top Bottom