• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Why is this remix and mashup such a bop?

(Potential epilepsy warning for some video and in-game effects? I'm not sure if they're severe enough to cause one or not so I'm putting up the warning just in case)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On the final chapter of Paper Mario ready for the final showdown with Bowser.

Was once again a good nostalgic run playing this classic game again. Definitely be replaying it more times in the future for sure though.

Once beating it. Gonna get to playing The Origami King.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
guess Batman will get to be by my side for a little bit

Edit: Bugs and Finn nerfs are coming
nice for them to release patch notes early and before the actual patch itself
Edit 2:…oof to you Velma players

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On the final chapter of Paper Mario ready for the final showdown with Bowser.

Was once again a good nostalgic run playing this classic game again. Definitely be replaying it more times in the future for sure though.

Once beating it. Gonna get to playing The Origami King.
Origami King may not play exactly like the traditional games but it’s easily a top 3 entry imo, depending on how you feel on the first game and super paper Mario.

The world has a beautiful design, the story is pretty good, and the supporting cast farts some great moments. My only really disappointing thing with it was the villains motives and to some degree no exp system. You don’t really need to fight enemies but the game also balances and spaces out important fights enough where you can still fight a good chunk of enemies and get to explore the battle system without it over stating it’s welcome.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Aighty, one week til our next AMA, so I think it's time to draw

And our subject shall be...
Screenshot_20220815-100311.png
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms

Apologies for the sloppiness of the presentation here. I copied this over from the list itself, and it takes a while to tweak, for what will only be visible for like a couple seconds lol. Also, yeah, new randomizer, figured I'd spice things up a bit, haha

If they're available, their AMA will be upsometime next Monday

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Some things are bigger than a game

The list:
20220815_091619.jpg

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
She's everything

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Lady race:

1660572851516.png

“I’m called Lady Tawaret, dearie. You might be but a child but worry not. Good ol’ me will assist you in any way I can.”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Egyptian mythology. A goddess of childbirth and fertility. Her name means “she who is great” and acts as a calming epithet for a dangerous goddess. Tawaret is commonly depicted as a hippopotamus on her hind legs with a lion’s paws, a human’s breasts, and a crocodile’s tail. She was believed to give life by protecting infants and fertilizing the soil near the Nile, on top of cleansing the dead and helping them to move on to the afterlife.

Skills: Mediarama, Marakukaja, Heavy Blow

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Genma race.

Tawaret is my favorite mythological figure ever and her demon design is everything I could want, perfectly reflecting her artistic depictions while looking both dangerous and cuddly at the same time, which is funny as her design is a recolor of an older, more popular demon Behemoth. It’s a shame she never appeared in any game after her debut, not even the 2D ones. I hope she returns one day and if she does, I’d never remove this healing tank from my party.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well it wasn't any of the following but I'm content with Black Adam being revealed. A character I didn't want as much as the others but was still down for.

I hope Shazam also gets in eventually.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Stripe? I think I've just found my main.

I really wasn't expecting Gremlins content given how the franchse hasn't been an active one in a long time.
The developers said that this is the game you will want your character in if you want to give it a whole new modern day audience. So it makes sense.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So Gizmo was false then and isn't paired with Stripe?
Stripe? I think I've just found my main.

I really wasn't expecting Gremlins content given how the franchse hasn't been an active one in a long time.
Gives me more hope and faith in George, Lizzie and Ralph from Rampage potentially getting in then.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Seeing a Gremlin from the Gremlin movie series become a fighter in Multiversus.
This surprises me that they are coming back to relevancy.
Screenshot_20210628-075450_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Some things are bigger than a game

The list:
View attachment 358710
Rare Pokemon W, maybe this will be the third week in a row where weebs seethe about Japan knowing LGBT people exist seeing as the Trevor Project is on there

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This would actually be a genius ring out:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Now Students, you shall depart on this treasure hunt together. I hope you shine brilliantly and become the true Pokemon Scarlet Versions and Pokemon Violet Versions within yourselves."
View attachment 358734
“There will be legends told of your adventures. The really mystery will be is everything black or white. Those with hearts of gold and souls of silver will really be able to reach the rubies and sapphires in the sun and moon.”

Top Bottom