• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just saying.

Watching K-On while working on reports while working from home has made me regret a lot of my teenage hood but I feel chill.

But this is some of the best anime music known to mankind.

Aa KAMI-SAMA onegai
Futari dake no Dream Time kudasai
O-ki ni iri no usa-chan daite kon'ya mo OYASUMI

Fuwa Fuwa Time
Fuwa Fuwa Time
Fuwa Fuwa Time.

You should all watch K-On.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The smash community really doesn’t know how to have fun or accept that they just aren’t good at the game huh?
they probably super traumatized by :metaknight: and :4bayonetta: killing the games they debuted in, and are assuming that Ultimate will live longer by eliminating the current problem known as:ultalex:. :ultkazuya: is probably gonna be next

osby

Smash Obsessed
they probably super traumatized by :metaknight: and :4bayonetta: killing the games they debuted in, and are assuming that Ultimate will live longer by eliminating the current problem known as:ultalex:. :ultkazuya: is probably gonna be next
Probably but preemptively banning characters just because some recent tournament results look a bit scary is just as harmful to the community as a whole.

Why you should put any effort into getting better at a character when it can result in people banning them just because the tournament winners are not the "right kind of player"?

If these bans get out of hand, they'll just be effective as the characters they're afraid of as killing the competitive scene.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And thus I have finished the original Paper Mario.

And already I miss playing it all over again.

Definitely still lives up to the fun it is even after 22 years.

Could be nostalgia but this is probably my favorite Paper Mario game. It's the most rounded of the games and has a very straight-forwarded story especially with Bowser at his most finest. What more can I say?

I'll be getting to The Origami King soon enough which I look forward to since it especially has aspects of the original gameplay as the first game and The Thousand-Year Door did.

Hope they one that Nintendo does a GameCub Expansion Online, I'd love to replay Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Capcom Presents... COPIUM
So Marvel vs. Capcom 4?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
so it begins
I don't follow competitive Smash at all, but why are people so upset over Steve? I figure that, if Steve was Brawl!Meta Knight or Smash4!Bayonetta levels of overpowered, it would have been made apparent a while ago, rather than close to a year after the last balance patch.

(for that Disney games presentation, as much as I want to see a Marvel vs. Capcom collection or a proper Marvel vs. Capcom 4, I'm guessing that won't happen)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't follow competitive Smash at all, but why are people so upset over Steve? I figure that, if Steve was Brawl!Meta Knight or Smash4!Bayonetta levels of overpowered, it would have been made apparent a while ago, rather than close to a year after the last balance patch.
Because Steve's nowhere near being that overpowered but Smash fans don't want new players to win majors so they have to blame the character lmao

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Probably but preemptively banning characters just because some recent tournament results look a bit scary is just as harmful to the community as a whole.

Why you should put any effort into getting better at a character when it can result in people banning them just because the tournament winners are not the "right kind of player"?

If these bans get out of hand, they'll just be effective as the characters they're afraid of as killing the competitive scene.
I say they should ban every character except Pit specifically…then by default he will be the toppest of all tiers

(for that Disney games presentation, as much as I want to see a Marvel vs. Capcom collection or a proper Marvel vs. Capcom 4, I'm guessing that won't happen)
alongside Steve’s recent SSC victory, being able to block off the ledges with blocks and using them to spike people (amongst other things I suppose) has outsiders raging
If you ask me, he seems fair enough, feels like everyone is just mad and doesn’t know how to git gud.

Also, them blaming the character because “no way a new player could be this good” is really unfair and dumb imo.
it is, but atm we can’t stop their decision unless an #UnBanSteve type of thing were to start and get very loud

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokémon Masters free gems from the Retweet Rally came in Clutch:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Steve of all characters getting banned is not something I expected.

Compared to Smash 4 and Brawl I don't think Ultimate has any glaringly OP fighters on the roster, even post-DLC. The game ain't perfect but it's better balanced than any game in the franchise since the very first by far.

Dutch Raikuna

Well yeah y'know I think it'd be nice to meet a girl and settle down one day y'know maybe pop out a couple Noipoi Juniors y'know I know that life isn't for everybody and that's alright but I think it's for me y'know it sound nice man yeah man
You say Noipoi Juniors.

I say Lil'Nois. Why don't you call them Lil'Nois dude?

Dutch Raikuna

Cuz it sounds too similar to Illinois.

And I’m legally not allowed to do anything with that state.
Then go to Illinois and be like "you, stateman. I'm changing this name to That State With Chicago In It" then you copyright the name!

Boom! You can have Lil'Nois. Then no one can have Illinois.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Great seeing this now makes me want to see Hilda in Multiversus even more.

Another pipe dream of mine along with Gamera (Heisei)...

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Fidough is cute and all, but they're actually a pretty unhealthy species.

Their short snouts give them respiratory issues, and the stubby legs lead to bone problems later in life. Not to mention all the gas problems.

This is because they've been in-bread.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Fidough is cute and all, but they're actually a pretty unhealthy species.

Their short snouts give them respiratory issues, and they stubby legs lead to bone problems later in life. Not to mention all the gas problems.

This is because they've been in-bread.
Sending this to a friend and pretending like its my joke

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
so it begins
PSA for peeps:

Apparently, this was bait:

they got me to fall for it lol

Well played, haven't seen actual effective bait in a hot minute.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
PSA for peeps:

Apparently, this was bait:

they got me to fall for it lol

Well played, haven't seen actual effective bait in a hot minute.
well thank goodness it’s a evily well done bait…yet way too realistic to not expect

Top Bottom