• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly that sounds logical.
It is funny because Link and Zelda look the exact same, Link grew out his hair but Nintendo are some cowards, let that man get a beard or something.

Coincedentally, that makes BoTW Link the oldest incarnation and the only one above the age of 18.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
if I had a nickel gif every time a cgi TMNT project made by Nickelodeon and a massive nerd involved a rizzless turtle having a crush on a teenage April, further expands upon the teenage aspect that never really got explored much on, and the project still manages to be one of the best in the nearly 40 year old franchise, I’d have 2 nickels

and then I’d get even more nickels thanks to Seth Rogen making another banger of a show or movie involving a comic book series outside of Marvel and DC

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I haven't been following EVO too closely, so I'm not sure if these were posted early or if they were officially announced, but the SNK trailers are up:

I figured that at least one of those would have been saved for the King of Fighters 15 grand finals. (though looking at the schedule, KOF15 had its top 6, so maybe it's had the grand finals - the final day just has Marvel vs. Capcom, Tekken, Guilty Gear, and Street Fighter)

Dragon Ball FighterZ has its finals tonight from 10 PM to midnight (or later), but I'm not going to wait that long for what will probably be "rollback is coming; please be patient." (I don't think there's been any indication of DLC beyond Android 21's human form, and as much as I'd love to see a new game in that style like a One Piece game or a Jump crossover, I doubt it will happen)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Stopped after meeting Riju in ToTK. With 3 temples done or underway, all that's left is... Sidon.

0 idea on his role, but all I do know is that he stole Riju's height because that man is like 12 feet tall now.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The consensus seems that the glitching purple M in the Pokémon Presents teaser probably has something to do with Mewtwo.

This 100% won’t happen, but I had this idea for a Legends game that takes place in Kanto’s past. But not the distant past, more like the mid-late 80s. About the creation and subsequent escape of Mewtwo. You’d play as a researcher gathering data on all the Pokémon in the region, to make Mewtwo the ultimate weapon.

Like I said, this won’t happen. But the neon flashing lights reminded me of the concept :drshrug:

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
With game development returning to Killer Instinct, I really hope new content will happen down the road too.

If I can't get KI4, then I'll be fine with a Mario Kart 8 styled setup.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I do like how they fleshed out the supporting characters of BoTW. Making Yunobo a chad in looks and personality is pretty dope, Riju pretty, and I expect her character is fleshed out now, and idk how they can perfect Sidon (already perfection).

Poor Teba though, he benched.
That's alright, he's still a caring dad and husband, and Tulin looking up to Link as a role model is one of the simultaneously coolest and most adorable thing ever.

I'm still surprised that they made Tulin as relevant as he is at all, considering he played a minimal role in BotW. But I'm glad they did. He's a great character in TotK.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Superman and Goku Potaro fusion called Super Saiyan with a power up form called Super Saiyan God 1,000 (thanks DC one million for powered up gold suoerman). Someone please design this.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Politics aside, this is pretty hilarious. For those who don't know, Imamura is the art director for F-Zero/Star Fox and the creator of Captain Falcon. :falconmelee:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The main antagonist of Pokemon Scarlet amd Violet is that bizarre letting engine that sometimes makes you think you might havw found a shiny.

Doesn't help that a weird amount of shines are "basically the same thing, but slighly darker / washed out".

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't watch One Piece but I didn't see a lot of gifts from the news episode and can I just say that that episodes animation was overly animated hot garbage. Those ****ing goofy ahh sound effects have to be edited in, i hope

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The main antagonist of Pokemon Scarlet amd Violet is that bizarre letting engine that sometimes makes you think you might havw found a shiny.

Doesn't help that a weird amount of shines are "basically the same thing, but slighly darker / washed out".
I almost missed a shiny Bergmite because of this once

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I don't watch One Piece but I didn't see a lot of gifts from the news episode and can I just say that that episodes animation was overly animated hot garbage. Those ****ing goofy ahh sound effects have to be edited in, i hope
The effects are not edited in and the whole point of the recent fight scene is that Luffys newest form basically turns the whole thing into a Rubber hose cartoon and it is peak. Albeit a bit over animated.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
The effects are not edited in and the whole point of the recent fight scene is that Luffys newest form basically turns the whole thing into a Rubber hose cartoon and it is peak. Albeit a bit over animated.
Doesnt make it any less over simulating

The goofy ahh sound effects didnt make it any better. I know it was the point but it sounded more like a tom and jerry episode then anime

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can never get the resolution right on my drawings and whenever I try to post them on insta they're blurry as hell.

Annoying.

Shroob

Sup?
Pikmin 4 question

So I've heard you're limited as to how many Pikmin you can have of one type and you need to collect items to improve the number or something? How does that work for Purples and Whites? Do you have to run their challenge mission over and over?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Pikmin 4 question

So I've heard you're limited as to how many Pikmin you can have of one type and you need to collect items to improve the number or something? How does that work for Purples and Whites? Do you have to run their challenge mission over and over?
the pale onions, Flarlics, will increse the amount of pikmin you can have out on the field and they are just scattered out and about.l in the areas. Cant remeber how manybare in each area tho. Every pikmin has their own onion but purples and whites onions are post game
Is that what you meant?

Last edited:

Occhi Vuoti

Smash Cadet
I haven't been following EVO too closely, so I'm not sure if these were posted early or if they were officially announced, but the SNK trailers are up:

I figured that at least one of those would have been saved for the King of Fighters 15 grand finals. (though looking at the schedule, KOF15 had its top 6, so maybe it's had the grand finals - the final day just has Marvel vs. Capcom, Tekken, Guilty Gear, and Street Fighter)

Dragon Ball FighterZ has its finals tonight from 10 PM to midnight (or later), but I'm not going to wait that long for what will probably be "rollback is coming; please be patient." (I don't think there's been any indication of DLC beyond Android 21's human form, and as much as I'd love to see a new game in that style like a One Piece game or a Jump crossover, I doubt it will happen)
Omg. Yes! It's time for some more fighting games!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nickelodeon has done more good with the TMNT franchise than bad (which isn’t a lot of tbh)

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Nickelodeon has done more good with the TMNT franchise than bad (which isn’t a lot of tbh)
Well, until the day they will collaborate with Hasbro, and release NECA figures of The Next Mutation or one of the Direct-to-Video specials. That day Paramount will regret about their acquisition.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, until the day they will collaborate with Hasbro, and release NECA figures of The Next Mutation or one of the Direct-to-Video specials. That day Paramount will regret about their acquisition.
So far they’ve only crossed over with Power Rangers, Transformers, and G.I. Joe. My Little Pony you better end up next

will probably be as far as we get

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Been replaying Smash Wii U and I have three things to note about it:

1. After being used to Ultimate since 2018, Wii U feels incredibly slow.
2. Smash Tour is still not fun, especially since I refuse to Golden Hammer the last challenge I have for it (the one where you have to let a Metroid steal your stat boosts then go after the Metroid to get your stat boosts back).
3. The event where you have to defeat Marth as Meta Knight without KOing Peach or Zelda has made me hate Marth.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

****ing crazy
This totally rules, but I really wish that the avatar could be used outside of World Tour and the Battle hub, Like let me select them as apart of regular matches and I ESPECIALLY wish you could make and load presets.

Top Bottom