• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This was so funny when someone tried mentioning Lokix is based on Kamen Rider to the point they broke their 'do not mention copyrighted material ever despite Pokemon being copyrighted'. It's still got bad info on there but at least it mentions the obvious inspiration, though Baxcalibur and Tyranitar's pages probably still don't mention Godzilla inspirations
So I'm late on this, but Baxcalibur's actually does.

Except the only thing it states that evolving at level 54 is a possible reference to Godzilla coming out in 1954.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I'm late on this, but Baxcalibur's actually does.

Except the only thing it states that evolving at level 54 is a possible reference to Godzilla coming out in 1954.
Not even the signature move or ability being blatant. Ugh, I almost want to check that ad infested hellhole to see if they finally fixed Lokix's page

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I feel like the Strikers would have kept Royal content out anyway.

It feels like they planned it to be accessible for people who experienced all versions of P5 in mind.
That may have been possible, especially with the assumed content cut of Shadow Akechi, and the only thing Royal related that got in the game was Takeover. Tho I feel as if they’d at least try to get Kasumire or Pancakes into the game if able to.

there’s always Tactica for those who want them, Sophia, Zenkichi, and Kawakami

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There's something oddly meta about Ice King's in-universe fanfiction getting greenlit for it's own show.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They only have the rights to the movie, not the character. Universal still owns the Hulk
yeah, but having the movie makes it easier for them to market the Hulk side of the MCU (specifically Ross considering he’s got nothing much to promote without it…and soon Leader)

tho I guess they also could’ve rewritten the body history of characters slightly like they did with What If, which might be done for Ross anyways

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
they really played the long game
I'm probably in the minority, but I liked Norton's performance in this over any of the Ruffalo appearances. I want to like Ruffalo, but they really don't know what to do with him or Hulk most of the time.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm probably in the minority, but I liked Norton's performance in this over any of the Ruffalo appearances. I want to like Ruffalo, but they really don't know what to do with him or Hulk most of the time.
Spending Ruffalo’s entire time not having the distribution rights up until now or so didn’t help, but I guess they have those back as well now. Something about having to wait 15 years to get those back under their control due to whatever a SEC Filing is
It kept him away from being anything more than a side character or a minor major character…cause Universal would’ve gained money off of it. So maybe Mark will be able to explore his Hulk ways a lot more (alongside Skaar and his bad hairline)

D

Deleted member

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:
Top Bottom