• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bruh I heard a christmas song on the radio. It's not even summer yet and I already heard Last Christmas on the goddamn radio
Bulbapedia and most of the NIWA wikis are cautious of making statements unless explicitly confirmed somewhere.
This was so funny when someone tried mentioning Lokix is based on Kamen Rider to the point they broke their 'do not mention copyrighted material ever despite Pokemon being copyrighted'. It's still got bad info on there but at least it mentions the obvious inspiration, though Baxcalibur and Tyranitar's pages probably still don't mention Godzilla inspirations

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Local man complaining about garbage DC movie is going to see said DC movie tonight (it's a free employee screening so he's not spending a dime on it).

Sources say he'll let y'all know if it's ass.
That was by far the worst movie I seen this year. It was ****ing ass, I wasted my time. Bad CGI, Young Flash was annoying as all hell, they did nothing for 90% of the movie. Only good thing was that Supergirl was hot.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
That was by far the worst movie I seen this year. It was ****ing ass, I wasted my time. Bad CGI, Young Flash was annoying as all hell, they did nothing for 90% of the movie. Only good thing was that Supergirl was hot.
Yeah that's basically what I thought the movie would be

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah that's basically what I thought the movie would be
Yeah, don't watch it, above all else it was a very boring film with like 3 action scenes (and Young Flash was annoying as hell). Unless you really want to see Supergirl cause you have a thing for tomboys and if I'm being completely honest, she doesn't actually do anything

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah, don't watch it, above all else it was a very boring film with like 3 action scenes (and Young Flash was annoying as hell). Unless you really want to see Supergirl cause you have a thing for tomboys and if I'm being completely honest, she doesn't actually do anything
Considering they have a film centered around her in development I think I can do much better than supporting this train wreck. I may be a tomboy enthusiast but I'm not exactly starved for content.

In fact I think I'll just go see Spider-Verse again since my dad hasn't seen it yet

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
We're 2-3 years out from gen 10 but I'm throwing my hat in the ring early and predicting the region will be Australia

If I'm wrong you all have permission to come back to this post and laugh at me :nifty:

Y'know, assuming anyone's still around by then
Ah yes, the region with the highest difficulty curve in the series

D

Deleted member

Yooo people, my mail finally arrived:

I ordered a Doctor Strange portal polybag for the Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire minifigures and a purple hood piece for the Green Goblin, precisely for when I get the No Way Home LEGO set.

And before anyone asks: yes, I changed the cape piece for Doctor Strange with a cloth one because I already had the minifigure and there was another one which needed It.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Water-type platypus and fire-type echidna as version exclusive counterparts.

Figting-type kangaroo with a prevo called "wallopby".

A tasmanian devil that evolves into a tasmanian tiger.

A bearded dragon that evolves into an actual dragon.

Dingos are a shoe-in. GF sure seems to love their dogs.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I made two kangaroo pokemon in my fakedex. Rooby and Brawlroo.

Rooby is classified as a baby Pokemon, and is a Fighting type. It evolves into Brawlroo after learning High Jump Kick, which it learns at level 32, and becomes a Fighting/Ground type. Rooby's natures are Steadfast/Rattled and it's hidden ability is Scrappy, while Brawlroo's abilities are Steadfast/Kickstart and its hidden ability is Scrappy. Kickstart raises the user's attack and speed when it enters combat, but only allows the use of kicking moves. It's signature attack is Rowdy Kick, which is a Ground type kick move that has no additional effects, and has a power of 95 with 100 accuracy. It can learn moves such as High jump Kick, Blaze Kick, Triple Kick, Triple Axel.

One of my favorites to be honest.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Legendary based on the Rainbow Serpent.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Legendary based on the Rainbow Serpent.
Adding to this: cover legendaries based on Mirrangan and Gurangatch.

D

Deleted member

Hey people, went to my grandpa's house to stay there today as I was feeling quite down yesterday and I really wanted to be with him as I felt kinda better last night at his house.

Brought my Switch alongside some games plus these people from home:

Gonna feel comfy today.

Also...
In my eyes LGTB rights are human rights. And those should never be political.

If anyone ever tells you that a show or movie is "too political" for having LGTB people, deny them from your lifes.

People are free to love who they truly love no matter the gender or race (the age does matter doh, don't be a genuine creep).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also...
In my eyes LGTB rights are human rights. And those should never be political.

If anyone ever tells you that a show or movie is "too political" for having LGTB people, deny them from your lifes.

People are free to love who they truly love no matter the gender or race (the age does matter doh, don't be a genuine creep).
It's quite telling how the user you're talking about was acting like they were being oppressed... because some people disagreed with them online. They didn't even get banned.

You can tell that they don't have the slightest clue about what it feels like to be systematically discriminated against.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It's quite telling how the user you're talking about was acting like they were being oppressed... because some people disagreed with them online. They didn't even get banned.

You can tell that they don't have the slightest clue about what it feels like to be systematically discriminated against.
Alright now I'm curious because I can't find the post

D

Deleted member

yeah, not sure what else to say on the subject. You just said my exact thoughts way better than I could without an English translator.

If their problem was having people disagree with them online... They really need to know what truly is a problem.

Alright now I'm curious because I can't find the post
It got deleted.

Basically It was a person who got mad at someone for liking heavy metal or some Sort of music and they found It messed with their beliefs... For some dumb reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I swear right wing ***** are like this all the damn time

"YOU CAN'T HANDLE DIFFERENT OPINIONS" they melt down at **** like that

"YOU DON'T SUPPORT FREEDOM OF SPEECH" they cannot ****ing handle a mere sentence of free speech if it goes against their beliefs

"DON'T LIKE A BUSINESS' POLITICS? BUY A CAKE SOMEWHERE ELSE INSTEAD OF FORCING THEM TO CATER TO YOUR WIMS" they become actual ****ing terrorists at the sight of a trans woman holding a beer and threaten to bomb breweries

"OH YOU JUST LOOOOVE CENSORSHIP DON'T YOU? 1984!" they demand anything that isn't white and cishet be eradicated from everything they claim to love

"YOU ARE ALL JUST A BUNCH OF CHILD GENITAL MUTILATING PEDOS/GROOMERS" every ****ing time a high profile one of these says this, they wind up being guilty of pedophilia and see no issue on 'correction' surgeries on interex children, likely preying on children themselves to demand genital inspections

As ****in horrible these people are, we are stronger and have grown stronger, they cannot erase us, they never fully succeeded and they never will

D

Deleted member

"YOU DON'T SUPPORT FREEDOM OF SPEECH" they cannot ****ing handle a mere sentence of free speech if it goes against their beliefs

"DON'T LIKE A BUSINESS' POLITICS? BUY A CAKE SOMEWHERE ELSE INSTEAD OF FORCING THEM TO CATER TO YOUR WIMS" they become actual ****ing terrorists at the sight of a trans woman holding a beer and threaten to bomb breweries

"OH YOU JUST LOOOOVE CENSORSHIP DON'T YOU? 1984!" they demand anything that isn't white and cishet be eradicated from everything they claim to love

"YOU ARE ALL JUST A BUNCH OF CHILD GENITAL MUTILATING PEDOS/GROOMERS" every ****ing time a high profile one of these says this, they wind up being guilty of pedophilia and see no issue on 'correction' surgeries on interex children, likely preying on children themselves to demand genital inspections

As ****in horrible these people are, we are stronger and have grown stronger, they cannot erase us, they never fully succeeded and they never will
Couldn't have said It better Gwen.

We can make real change by joining together against these people, voting for people in favour of pro-LGTB rules, moving out to the streets to remember our rights and overall, just enjoying what we love without letting them making us afraid.

If they get mad at a Transformers cartoon for having LGTB stuff, at a Disney live action remake for having a black lead or any simple stuff at that... They just ain't worth our time.

These are the values I was taught by my mother, her family and my father's family, and I am really proud of having received this sort of education.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Well said.

Conservatives are so cowardly that the sheer idea of people unlike them living their life is enough to send them into a fit of hysterics. If they didn't have the power to carry out their perverse revenge fantasies in real life, I'd feel sorry for them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well said.

Conservatives are so cowardly that the sheer idea of people unlike them living their life is enough to send them into a fit of hysterics. If they didn't have the power to carry out their perverse revenge fantasies in real life, I'd feel sorry for them.
That's exactly why they're so unhappy in their lives, they cannot comprehend the idea they are in the wrong because if one of their beliefs turns out to be wrong due to whatever misinformation they believe, that would ****ing break them as they'd have to reconsider everything in life, it's an existential crisis about **** like telling an 8 year old that Santa doesn't exist

D

Deleted member

Well said.

They may have money, but they are very little in number.

It is basically what is going on between Studios and writers right now: the writers are bigger in number than the people running said companies, and when they start getting their projects panned and not paid by people... Then they always come back to gain their trust again and comply.

It is also why here in the Canary Islands we are really vocal and strong when It comes to preserving nature... Because we all know here from experience that companies will not get away with ruining us as long as we put pressure and stand against them.
That's exactly why they're so unhappy in their lives, they cannot comprehend the idea they are in the wrong because if one of their beliefs turns out to be wrong due to whatever misinformation they believe, that would *ing break them as they'd have to reconsider everything in life, it's an existential crisis about * like telling an 8 year old that Santa doesn't exist
Exactly, said It that way in a profile post earlier. They are indeed like kids Who got their toy stolen.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I made two kangaroo pokemon in my fakedex. Rooby and Brawlroo.

Rooby is classified as a baby Pokemon, and is a Fighting type. It evolves into Brawlroo after learning High Jump Kick, which it learns at level 32, and becomes a Fighting/Ground type. Rooby's natures are Steadfast/Rattled and it's hidden ability is Scrappy, while Brawlroo's abilities are Steadfast/Kickstart and its hidden ability is Scrappy. Kickstart raises the user's attack and speed when it enters combat, but only allows the use of kicking moves. It's signature attack is Rowdy Kick, which is a Ground type kick move that has no additional effects, and has a power of 95 with 100 accuracy. It can learn moves such as High jump Kick, Blaze Kick, Triple Kick, Triple Axel.

One of my favorites to be honest.
...it just hit me that we've yet to have a proper Kangaroo Pokemon

BRILLIANT!

So because I'm incredibly bored atm and trying to put together a little thing before Sunday, I'm doing a random card for my Smash/Wrestling Pay Per View show some of these are mixed with original characters too.

Fallin' Valley PPV - June 17th
Ryder (c) vs Mario vs Iain Halloway vs Wolf O'Donnell - World Heavyweight Championship

Mushroom Kingdom (Diddy Kong/Yoshi/The Mukluk) (c) vs Bad Omen (Takashi Kanemaru/Xuan Lin/Ziyou Sun) - Openweight Trios Championship

Jade/Peyton Brooks (c) vs Pounce/Snip vs Coco Bandicoot/Bloom vs Firestorm (Rosalyn/Thistle) - 4-Way Elimination Tag Team match for the Women's Tag Team Championship

Everest Nielsen vs Felix Fraidarius - Last Man Standing match

Team Bandicoot (Lucario/Greninja/Pellet Smith/Cheezer Jones) vs Ryder-Gun (Ivan Young/Sunny Young/The Pounding Edge/Bowser)

Brittany Knight (c) vs Black Rose - Women's World Championship

Kian (c) vs Baxter - Television Championship

Larry Koopa vs Gengar - Fireworks Match

Miles "Tails" Prower (c) vs Hawkins Gray vs Timber Tiger - 3-Way Dance for the Jr. Heavyweight Championship

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If he's not bluffing, thank God. I don't want Illumination Zelda
I wouldn't even want them to tackle a Wind Waker adaptation or a movie in the WW's "toon" style.

WW was one the of most story-heavy games in the series up to that point in time, and arguably still is, and I really don't think they could capture the game's depth and would focus more on the comedy on the game's surface level with how most of the studio's moves turn out.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
dlc will cure this curse

osby

Smash Obsessed
dlc will cure this curse
I feel like the Strikers would have kept Royal content out anyway.

It feels like they planned it to be accessible for people who experienced all versions of P5 in mind.

Top Bottom