• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I can't get over that ****ing grin while he was roasting Eren over how badly he fumbled Mikasa

that was legit the best thing I have ever seen. Armin has been nothing but gold this final season
Didnt like hearing him cry again tho, that was pycological and emotional tourture

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Blizzard after overworking employees, abusing female ones, barely making any new content, backing out of promises for OW2, and ruined their entire game:

(they put Maui in the game, so it’s all ok)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Been dipping my toes into competitive pokemon again and am experimenting with a gimmick team on Pokemon Showdown.

People's egos are just not ready to handle Giga Impacts from Uh-oh Stinky the funny Slaking.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They adapted this story arc for the DISNEY CHANNEL CARTOON
Yep. Although they took out the parts where he wanted to bone, Wolverine still kinda teased liking how MJ look. Not the best of stories to take from that world, but at least it was as hella neutered as can be.
Wasn't that just the Superior Spider-Man comic where Doc Ock took over Peter's consciousness?
The 2017 show adapted Superior Spider-Man. Ultimate Spider-Man only focused on whatever the Ultimate, MCU, and Disney Channel told or did for stories, and of course whatever sounded normal enough to have Drake Bell voice

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
View attachment 380232: Hello everyone how are you!

Seriously the flowers were amazing i mean i understand turning them of on replays but who TH turns them of on the first run?
Ive just finnished the final fight i have to say that one was difficult and ive just barely scraped by! (I was little without powerups!)
ppl who turn off the flowers have no soul

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Insomniac says that Miles will be the leading Spidey moving forward

cool cool…now give me Gwen like y’all almost did before switching up

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of AOT, I watched the finale.

It was solid, gets a little over complicated near the end, but the thematic conclusion to the story made sense and delivered a powerful message too.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Question to everyone, which is the better video game adaptation of this year between Super Mario Bros. the Movie and Five Nights at Freddy's in your opinion and why?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet
First teaser of the new Camp Cretaceous sequel.

I imagine this takes place after Fallen Kingdom, not long after the dinosaurs escaped from Lockwood Estate and way before Dominion.

Hopefully it gives us dinos on the mainland unlike Dominion which was a disappointment...

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Noiling or Krempoi? Which is better?
Kroipoi

Question to everyone, which is the better video game adaptation of this year between Super Mario Bros. the Movie and Five Nights at Freddy's in your opinion and why?
I had more fun with Mario, personally. I love these games, this world, and these characters. So I can shut my brain off and just enjoy watching them jump around. It's sort of like an extended Saturday morning cartoon, almost like an incredibly high quality version of the Super Show.

Not to say I disliked FNAF, which I didn't. But there were only a few scenes where I was full-on having a rad time, and the rest of the film felt like just waiting for more of those scenes.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I gave Brawlhalla another try. I still don't fully understand how to play and was reminded how terrible the camera and user interface is.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
and like all their collabs it's just skins and not actual characters. Why do people get excited for Brawlhala collabs? It's just as shallow as Fortnite colabs.
I prefer it when crossovers are completely unique with their powers and personalities on full display

but Smite, Brawlhalla and Fortnite all have unique ways of adapting the characters to their pre-existing setups which I find interesting to see how they go about it. and also it is just fun to see what are essentially action figures crossover with others officially.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I prefer it when crossovers are completely unique with their powers and personalities on full display

but Smite, Brawlhalla and Fortnite all have unique ways of adapting the characters to their pre-existing setups which I find interesting to see how they go about it. and also it is just fun to see what are essentially action figures crossover with others officially.
To me, the second the crossover is the kind that those games do, i loose all interest and it might as well not exist.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I really miss them too. Hopefully, they will appear in the next DKC game, if there is one.
Or the Seth Rogen DK spin-off film.

I'm still of the opinion to have King K. Rool be Kaptain K. Rool. It would help heavily differ him from Bowser and less comparisons of both being "Reptilian Tyrant Kings".

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

I'm still of the opinion to have King K. Rool be Kaptain K. Rool. It would help heavily differ him from Bowser and less comparisons of both being "Reptilian Tyrant Kings".
Thanks to Smash his king get up is iconic, so they'll probably stick with it. And if you ask me that's his best design so I'm happy about that. With that said, I think they'll do a fine job of differentiating them.

Bowser is a brutish tyrant, but he's also a goofy, insecure, lovestruck fool. K Rool doesn't have that hint of vulnerability, he's just ****in deranged. If they play into that then I don't think too many people will compare the two.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

That's a good possibility. I would like to see the "Kaptain" persona again with the rest of the "krew".

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thanks to Smash his king get up is iconic, so they'll probably stick with it. And if you ask me that's his best design so I'm happy about that. With that said, I think they'll do a fine job of differentiating them.

Bowser is a brutish tyrant, but he's also a goofy, insecure, lovestruck fool. K Rool doesn't have that hint of vulnerability, he's just ****in deranged. If they play into that then I don't think too many people will compare the two.
That's a good possibility. I would like to see the "Kaptain" persona again with the rest of the "krew".
The idea I had is that Kaptain K. Rool and the Kremlings don't rule over the land but rather a moving island which is Crocodile Isle (Similar to Donkey Kong 64). Whereas Bowser's castle is in the sky, Crocodile Isle would be in the oceans. Kaptain K. Rool and the Kremlings being notoriously known for raiding other lands of their valuables hence the DK spin-off could be them stealing the banana hoard leading to DK, Diddy and potentially Dixie to get it back.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm sure the community will be rational and not read too deeply into this.
O RLY? :troll:

The idea I had is that Kaptain K. Rool and the Kremlings don't rule over the land but rather a moving island which is Crocodile Isle (Similar to Donkey Kong 64). Whereas Bowser's castle is in the sky, Crocodile Isle would be in the oceans. Kaptain K. Rool and the Kremlings being notoriously known for raiding other lands of their valuables hence the DK spin-off could be them stealing the banana hoard leading to DK, Diddy and potentially Dixie to get it back.
That is an interesting idea, actually. I do like it!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That is an interesting idea, actually. I do like it!
They also gotta give him British accent. I can't imagine him not sounding like anything else. Stephen Fry is my nominated choice.
Another thing I'd add with King K. Rool is despite being mentally deranged, he's also very cunning and intelligent which he uses to his advantage. That would help differ him more from Bowser. Have him being portrayed as more intelligent than Bowser to the point he's strategic and tricky.

Bowser: Sane but less intelligent
King K. Rool: More intelligent but deranged

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

K. Rool at a round table war room discussion with the Kaptain and the Baron like they're different people but they're just him rapidly changing costumes and hats.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Don't think it'll happen but I'd love a Mario and DK movie where they have to fight both Bowser and King K. Rool who have joined forces (Though Bowser is hesitant at first)

Why I say hesitant, it's because I love the idea that Bowser and King K. Rool had a history with each other which the former would rather not get involved with. The idea is despite his villainy, even Bowser of all people is unsettled by King K. Rool's deranged nature.

My idea for King K. Rool is to have this British "upper class" facade along with the mannerisms to boot. Him being this cunning and intelligent yet deranged petty psychopath.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't tend to get involved with the Sonic Archie stuff because it's long, convoluted, and involved Ken Penders. But are there any characters and stories, not affected by the Penders gravitational well) that were created for the Archie stuff that would be worth saving?

Top Bottom