• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I hate how true this is.
I've never passed the third stage in Ultimate Flash Sonic as a kid.

I tried it this afternoon and finished the game as Amy in under an hour. Huh. I'm still bad at Sonic games but at least I'm not as bad as middle school me.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Noipoi Noipoi TheMightyP TheMightyP @Wademan94 Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs Lamperouge Lamperouge

i doodled Amy completely from memory

i feel like i forgot something lol
Coloring and shading. Unless you're just saying "I feel like I forgot something" just as a joke and you already know that you should color it in. IDK; I could be misreading.

But, that part doesn't matter rn. The point is that the sketch looks really good and you mixed in your own style well, giving it its own character.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Tyrant race:

1646495078888.png

“I’m Tyrant Horkos. I may look like a pig but I’m still a god of the underworld, you know!”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Greek mythology. A god whose name means “oath” and personifies the curse people who commit perjury will be inflicted with. He’s the son of Eris and companion of the goddess of Justice Nike and plays an important role in punishing those who don’t hold their promises to the gods. In an Aesop tale, Horkos throws a man off a cliff for trying to commit a monetary fraud, showing that divine retribution is swift and merciless.

Skills: Critical Wave, Spirit Drain, Donum Gladi, Megidola

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Jirae race.

While Horkos has no relation to pigs, his Roman counterpart Orcus is the origin of orcs, which are sometimes depicted as pig-headed creatures in modern fantasy. Hence, the pig head. Interestingly, this design was originally for Orcus and only later was used for Horkos when the former got a new design. I think it’s quite intimidating and I like the silly scepter, cape, and crown that give him more character.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Saw an interesting theory going around for scarlet and violet. Which is that the type wheel in the middle of the first town, is indicating gyms for every type. With maybe the idea being you get to choose 8 of them to fight before reaching the E4.

This would be a cool way to encourage exploration and add replay ability. It also would make everyone’s playthrough feel different and fresh which would be a really nice idea.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Saw an interesting theory going around for scarlet and violet. Which is that the type wheel in the middle of the first town, is indicating gyms for every type. With maybe the idea being you get to choose 8 of them to fight before reaching the E4.

This would be a cool way to encourage exploration and add replay ability. It also would make everyone’s playthrough feel different and fresh which would be a really nice idea.
I absolutely love this Idea and want the theory to be true

but now that it is in my head I will have unreasonable expectations. Life is pain.

Noipoi

Howdy!

The linear gym structure does clash with an open world design philosophy. An easy fix would just be letting you tackle the eight gyms in any order, which is what I think will happen.

But this idea? This is radical.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
SSSniperWolf & Hades (Kid Icarus Uprising) in unison "Hello Friends" waves right hand slightly

Phosphora "As much as I would like to continue this deliTTful chaTT, I have things to do." Pit's Teleport noise

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
If GameFrEAk wasn't so lazy, then we'd get an open world game with all 8 regions, all gyms, all villians, and all champions with high quality 4K graphics amd 120fps.

Highest grossing franchise in the world and they can't do that. Smh 🙄🙄🙄
Hades "I finally tracked U down. :)"

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Just saw The Batman! ;)

Reviews:
1)The story was very good, got 2019 Joker and The Dark Knight vibes from it
2) NGL I found the Riddler to have a great personality but the dude’s face imo doesn’t go with it
3) Pattinson is a good Batman, but whenever he displayed emotions it sometimes get awkward
Overall a great movie! Well done, DC

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat Metroid Dread!

I feel like I made a lot of progress in the last day or two - the EMMIs felt like they got a lot easier as the game went on, though the final boss was really tough. (Though memorable - up there with Mother Brain and Ridley - and didn't feel unfair)

I beat the game in a little under 7 hours with about 55% completion, which seems pretty good since I was expecting to take about eight hours.

Glad to see that Mercury Steam got to make a brand new Metroid game, and it went above and beyond my expectations. (Which were already pretty high after Samus Returns) I set a goal for myself that I wouldn't get a physical Switch game until I beat Metroid Dread, so I think I'll look into Shin Megami Tensei V now. (I'm debating between that or Pokemon Legends Arceus, and physical copies of SMT seem to be a lot harder to find, at least in my area)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I plan on getting Arceus and doing every request this save, with the exceptions of Shaymin and Darkrai since I don't have save data for SwSh/BDSP in this profile. I could easily make a save data and just not use it but I don't really see the point, especially since it's not my main save :drshrug:

Also gonna do all of the new requests added in the update. I might also do all of them in my main save but only if we get another substantial update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom