• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Not sure if this is a hot take, but I'm pretty confident Incineroar would get 99% less hate if Litten and Torracat were bipeds.

People don't like getting hit with the ol' bait & switch with their starters.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not sure if this is a hot take, but I'm pretty confident Incineroar would get 99% less hate if Litten and Torracat were bipeds.

People don't like getting hit with the ol' bait & switch with their starters.
If Icnineroar were a standalone Pokémon like Hawlucha he’d be way more appreciated.

The problem is that the people who would like a design like Litten are not the same people who’d like a design like Incineroar, for the most part. And I don’t think they accounted for that.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hey, can I recommend something?

I didn't think too much of it when people were talking about games for the 3DS and Wii U with the e-Shop closing down for those, but recently, I just remembered a game that is on the 3DS and is very obscure and one that I really want to recommend people to get.

Basically, it's a strategy card game that plays quite like Monopoly/Fortune Street, but with fantasy elements like Magic the Gathering. But despite being a card game, all the cards you get are gotten with only in-game currency. Aside from DLC Avatars, book covers, a DLC Backstory and etc, there is absolutely no monetisation with the cards, in-game money or gameplay. You can take your sweet time getting the cards in the game. Also, the music is frickin' great. Some of the music was done by Kenji Ito, which some of you probably know as the composer for Final Fantasy Adventure/Sword of Mana, Romancing Saga 1 to 3 and Saga Frontier, as well as doing the following tracks in Smash Bros:
  • Star Fox's Space Armada
  • Mute City for 3DS/Wii U
  • Kid Icarus' Title Theme Remix
  • Fire Emblem 7 Blazing Sword's Attack/Rise to the Challenge
  • Castlevania's Beginning
  • Wii Fit's Super Hoop
  • And obviously, the Culdcept track that he did for Smash 3DS/Wii U, as well as the two tracks from Culdcept Revolt that appear in Smash Ultimate.
And he's worked with the Culdcept series since the 2nd game. The 2nd game, he composed the entire soundtrack while with Saga and Revolt, he worked alongside some other composers, most of whom only worked on Culdcept Saga, Culdcept for the DS or Culdcept Revolt. I heavily recommend giving the soundtracks, including the first game, a listen. The music does not deserve to go unnoticed or remain in obscurity.
Also the card designs are very cool. All of the cards were designed by artists and there are a whole variety of them, consisting of many fantasy monsters of different elements, like dragons, elves, demons, etc, as well as Mecha monsters, monsters based on mythical gods and creatures, etc, as well as Items and Spell Cards. Some of the Monsters would be pretty cool to see in Smash Bros as Assists, like the Armoured Dragon, the Gearion, etc.
Some of you probably know Culdcept from the random spirits of Culdra, Goligan and Allen, as well as a couple music tracks, but aside from them, Culdcept is a very obscure series in general, especially since only 3 games came out to the West, being the 2nd game(otherwise known as just Culdcept in the West. It was remade for the 3DS as Culdcept 3DS, but it stayed in Japan), Culdcept Saga and this game. But I've personally enjoyed playing this series since playing the 2nd game on the PS2 and I was quite surprised that Culdcept Revolt released in America around the series' 25th Anniversary.

But anyway, it's a game I heavily recommend with the 3DS Shop closing down, especially if you do enjoy Monopoly. It's actually not that expensive. I think in the US, it's only $29.99. Not to mention, Revolt introduced alot of QoL changes that make the game less intrusive, alot less slower and much more quick paced. But it's a game series I enjoy quite a lot and Revolt is also very enjoyable and with the 3DS Shop going down and this game, and series in particular, being very obscure, this is my recommendation for a game that people should get before the 3DS Shop goes down.
And should any of you give it a try and do like it, please recommend it to some other people or players you know who are also looking at 3DS games before the 3DS Shop closes.

Also Rule Number One of Culdcept in general: Get the Kelpie Card.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m having fun with Cuphead, though I gotta say I could do without the plane levels. They take me so much longer then any on foot level, be it run and gun or boss. It’s still the same level of “I ****ed up, it’s never the games fault” in the air as it is on the ground, but the plane just doesn’t connect with me that much.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I need ideas. Based on what yall know bout me, if i were to make a fakemon, what would it be like. Just throw ideas at me
a fakemon that’s Sherlock Holmes. It loves to solve mysteries. Something like mimikyu where you don’t get to see what it actually looks like to tie into the mystery concept.

Well, there's Oshawott.

And people hated Samurott when he was revealed
Samurott would have fared a lot better if it had a more samurai design( more use of the sword, bulkier attire, etc) or if it was at least water fighting like it should have been.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Remember the time a fish evolved into an octopus?

Probably the most rediculous evoltion a pokemon has ever had, even if you consider they're both themed after fire arms. It's actually a little charming in how nonsensical it is.

Edit: Oh right, Clamperl to. That evolution line also makes zero sense for the exact same reasons.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
can’t believe Scott Lang is the only innocent Ant-Man…Hank and Eric both being evil as hell in the end

osby

Smash Obsessed
Remember the time a fish evolved into a octopus?

Probably the most rediculous evoltion a pokemon has ever had, even if you consider they're both themed after fire arms. It's actually a little charming in how nonsensical it is.

Edit: Oh right, Clampearl to. That evolution line also makes zero sense for the exact same reasons.
Tbf, evolutions are already wildly inconsistent about which real-life biological processes they are based on.

Small seafood becoming big seafood is not that much of a stretch.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Why don't you get a cat? Then you'll always know how you slept last night.
I would love to get a cat but my parents don't want a pet and I don't trust my sister to treat it well.

But once I move out I'm definitely getting one or two cats. Let's just hope none of them becomes bipedal

Noipoi

Howdy!
I would love to get a cat but my parents don't want a pet and I don't trust my sister to treat it well.

But once I move out I'm definitely getting one or two cats. Let's just hope none of them becomes bipedal
If you pick one up from Hawaii you’re screwed, we’ll see how the ones from Spain turn out.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Remember the time a fish evolved into a octopus?

Edit: Oh right, Clamperl to. That evolution line also makes zero sense for the exact same reasons.
Well in addition to it being a gun evolving into a tank or turret, both Pokemon are based on animals with suckers. Octopus are quite well known for them but the remora also has a sucker-like organ atop its head which allows it to attach itself to other animals.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
In honor of the demo and The Batman being out, let me ask this thread again; who would win:
Kirby
Or
Batman with 24 hour Prep Time
I mean, what the hell does Batman do against **** like this in general?
IMG_20220305_212728.jpg
IMG_20220305_212744.jpg

IMG_20220305_212749.jpg

Fun fact: These are actual Kirby bosses drawn by the current series director. That explains a lot on how Kirby lore pretty much says Kirby's an eldritch abomination

Shroob

Sup?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I mean, what the hell does Batman do against **** like this in general?
View attachment 346835View attachment 346836
View attachment 346837

Fun fact: These are actual Kirby bosses drawn by the current series director. That explains a lot on how Kirby lore pretty much says Kirby's an eldritch abomination
Interesting stuff. Exactly the kind of art I'd expect to come out of the director of the Kirby series. I especially like his take on Drawcia from Canvas Curse:
Drawcia by Kumazaki Shinya.jpg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Interesting stuff. Exactly the kind of art I'd expect to come out of the director of the Kirby series. I especially like his take on Drawcia from Canvas Curse:
I was gonna post it to but I felt nah it's a bit much but yeah this explains a lot lmao

That last one's clearly Zoma from Dragon Quest 3.
Whoops, meant to post the Dark Matter and Zero pic, must have misclicked

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Yeah, you were right—Vivy is pretty damn good. Made it to episode 7 after starting it up late last night (I had to put it down for a bit after the complete doozy that was EP6; that **** hit hard) and can't wait to see more.

"AIs turning on humans after a century of coexisting alongside each other" might not be the most original concept in the world but I think it's been executed quite well so far, and the production values as a whole are top notch and really elevate the experience.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom