• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

toonito

Smash Ace
pokemon observations:

main series pokemon game releases over the years:

RB: 1996
GS: 1999
RS: 2002
DP: 2006
BW: 2010
XY: 2013
SM: 2016
SS: 2019
SV: 2022

main series games tend to come every 3 years with the exceptions of DP and BW which came out 4 years after the previous version. They've come every 3 years since BW so Gen 10 should be in 2025 if this holds. However, Pokemon 30th anniversary is in 2026 so who knows if they'll hold Gen 10 until then. DP and SM both released the same year as Pokemon's 10th and 20th anniversaries.

Regions:
RBGSRSDP: Japan
BW: NYC
XY: France
SM: Hawaii
SS: UK
SV: Spain

SV keeps the game regions in EU and breaks the alternating US-EU regions that occurred during Gens 5-8.

with Fuecoco being a crocodile the popular fan theory of fire starter = chinese zodiac seems to be broken as crocodile isn't represented unless it evolves to a dragon or snake type. wasn't always reliable since people debate whether cyndaquil and fennekin fit as rat and dog respectively.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
One part of me is super excited for this game (albeit cautiously) and really wants to see more of it, while the other wants to focus on having a life and not thinking about it until it comes out.

My contract for this job ends this week so I should start thinking about where my life goes next.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just be clear though, they both look bland as ****.

How do you have a spain region and the best you can do is white bread and whiter bread
GF once agaun not relizing that Afro-Spaniards exsist. GF, for the love of god, stop ignoring us. Stop with all the White Bread. I see enough of it at the store

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
GF once agaun not relizing that Afro-Spaniards exsist. GF, for the love of god, stop ignoring us. Stop with all the White Bread. I see enough of it at the store
Fr, at least toast that ****. Hell, burn it. Make the next protags burnt toast.

Also, I am now once again asking for black hairstyles.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly. They’re the starters of the games that were just announced!
xD Oh Ok I just looked it up, stopped keeping up track with Nintendo games...I cannot believe that I am saying this but the cat is ADORABLE. And this is coming from a not-cat person. Of course it will also depend on how they look by the end. :3 Wonderful job drawing them, Noi!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
From the official website:

"Various towns blend seamlessly into the wilderness with no borders. You’ll be able to see the Pokémon of this region in the skies, in the seas, in the forests, on the streets—all over! You’ll be able to experience the true joy of the Pokémon series—battling against wild Pokémon in order to catch them—now in an open-world game that players of any age can enjoy."

This to me seems to imply that it's even more open than PLA was. I hope they keep the fast paced combat of that game if nothing else, that could make or break the game for me.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Welp... .did not expect to get Gen 9 so soon. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, eh?

I'm a little skeptical given how soon it is because given an assumed November released that would essentially be THREE rpg pokemon games releasing in one year, which is a bit much tbh, but it definitely looks promising regardless. New region appears based on Spain and with a confirmation of it being a seemless open world, there's a ton of potential for this to be one of the best pokemen games. Still would've liked the developers to give the game a little more time to cook. Starters I'm honestly a little reserved about, but that could also be due to the disappointment of the Galarian starters so hopefully they'll turn out better. Of the three I'm most interested in the fire croc, so we'll see how that one turns out. With practically no context I'm leaning towards Violet, but we'll see how the box legends turn out, as I usually grab my version based off of that and other exclusives.

With all that said....my wallet is hurting this year. Now there's too many games that I want that are set for this year and we're still only in February.

BTW, I haven't said anything here but Legends Arceus has my full attention, there's clearly a lot of issues with the game but it's the most fun I've had with pokemon in ages.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The more I'm looking into press releases, yeah, they've been very quick to let people know it's gonna play like PLA.

I wonder what that means for comp? Surely, they're planning on bringing abilities back into the mix, yeah?

Maybe...Just maybe...Use PLA's EV IV system? 👀 👀 👀

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Don't bring in PLA's EV and combat systems, they're great for single player but would kill competitive.

Just improve and streamline the traditional systems instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom