• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I could be wrong and it's just the lighting, but the models are looking noticeably updated as well. Did Seviper have viable scales before?

Paraster

Smash Lord
My biggest hope for Scarlet and Violet is honestly this:
Personally, I hope that when BW get remade, Pokemon will by then have added an option to skip/fast-forward through dialogue scenes.

No matter how much you like the story, I think it's fair to get bored by watching the same long-winded dialogue you've seen before.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Sprigatito is screaming "fursuit evo" to me.

Fuecoco is really ugly-cute. Gives me big Gibble vides. Could evolve into something really coola dn draconic, or it could evolve into a weirdly proportioned man with a lizard face.

There's something I really love about Quaxly. Will probably get a fursuit evolution but that might be okay if they go with a cool sailor theme.
Not curvy enough, fake.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Strongly considering swapping out my Heracross for Sneasler. I like Heracross more but I've already used it in the past (though I barely remember that playthrough) while I've never used a member of the Sneasel line, plus it seems to have more reliable bug coverage ironically enough and my Heracross is currently my lowest level mon at 45 (everyone else is at lv 50 something or at least close to that)
I will throw hands

Ivander

Smash Legend
It feels like they've been really cheap with the designs for the characters lately. They don't really look much different from Sun and Moon's + Sword and Shield's Male protagonists. The Male design especially suffers from this, since they look very similar to Sword and Shield's male protagonist.

Quaxly is a really good name lol
All three look pretty good. Although I'm very curious where the cat is going to go for Final Evo considering we had Litten to Incineroar already. That said, everybody's pointing at Donald Duck for the water duck. For me, this was the first thing that popped up when I saw the duck.
Mad Mallard.jpg
Mad Mallard 2.png

A random enemy, fittingly named the Mad Mallard, from the Mana series, like Secret of Mana, Trials of Mana, etc.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Btw, it seems like Fuecoco killed the fire starters=Chinese zodiac trend
Fennekin representing the dog when its clearly a fox was a bit of a stretch anyway.

Not to mention Charizard resembling a western dragon rather then an eastern one.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Not sure if its hilarious or wierd that people are hating on the male protagonist's design more then the female's when they're nearly the same design.
Okay, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who was thinking that, haha. It just looks like the same design with different hair and a slightly different face to me, honestly.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Not sure if its hilarious or wierd that people are hating on the male protagonist's design more then the female's when they're nearly the same design.
I know both of them looking the same is probably intentional, and it's something could be lead to something potentially interesting(like say, having the one you don't pick be your twin or whatnot). But even then, for me the male has the issue of not looking much different from the last two Male Protagonists. There's been no drastic changes for the male characters since Sun and Moon. It might also be the expression, since the female looks decently expressive while the male just looks confused.

It could also be Male Corrin/Female Corrin syndrome, where they hate on the male and simp the female despite being the exact same character.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not of fan of either design for once, but I usually flip-flop on the genders anyway for subsequent playthroughs. I remember back in Gen 4, I'd use Action Replay to switch between genders mid-playthrough. lol

Only Gens when that hasn't happened has been Kanto and Hoenn. Red I feel is too iconic not to use and lack of choice. May, because even back when RS come out in 2003, I thought Brendan's design looked off.

toonito

Smash Ace
pokemon observations:

main series pokemon game releases over the years:

RB: 1996
GS: 1999
RS: 2002
DP: 2006
BW: 2010
XY: 2013
SM: 2016
SS: 2019
SV: 2022

main series games tend to come every 3 years with the exceptions of DP and BW which came out 4 years after the previous version. They've come every 3 years since BW so Gen 10 should be in 2025 if this holds. However, Pokemon 30th anniversary is in 2026 so who knows if they'll hold Gen 10 until then. DP and SM both released the same year as Pokemon's 10th and 20th anniversaries.

Regions:
RBGSRSDP: Japan
BW: NYC
XY: France
SM: Hawaii
SS: UK
SV: Spain

SV keeps the game regions in EU and breaks the alternating US-EU regions that occurred during Gens 5-8.

with Fuecoco being a crocodile the popular fan theory of fire starter = chinese zodiac seems to be broken as crocodile isn't represented unless it evolves to a dragon or snake type. wasn't always reliable since people debate whether cyndaquil and fennekin fit as rat and dog respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom