• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Honestly regardless of whether the game itself is good or not I do wanna see the final Pokédex, new Pokémon designs are always my favorite part of a new generation.

I do also want the games to be good though, don't get me wrong.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It would be very fitting but I'm not making two Pokemon jokes in a row

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Wilder race:

1645974123543.png

“I’m Wilder Hare of Inaba. You know me, right? I'm famous! …just don't hurt me, please.”

Alignment: Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Japanese mythology. A mythical rabbit from the Inaba prefecture. It challenges the sharks in the sea to see whether they or rabbits have a bigger clan. In order to count them, the rabbit makes them lie in a row and then hops on them, going from one shore to another. In the end, it reveals that it tricked the sharks to use them as a bridge. However, it wasn’t fast enough and the final shark attacks it, ripping its fur from its skin.

Skills: Sukukaja, Trafuri, Media

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Femme race.

I’m pretty sure SMT is not even the first place where Hare of Inaba is depicted with patchwork style fur like this. It also has some pretty bad luck with encountering demons who wants to tear it into pieces, such as Alice. Its skillset also reflects his tale quite well, focusing on speed, escape, and healing.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'm gonna make some predictions about the final evolutions of the starters type wise
If we ignore single typings

I think Sprigatito could be Grass/Fairy or Grass/Psychic PURELY based on its pink pupils
Fuecoco could be Fire/Grass if it really is based on a hot pepper.
and Quaxly could easily either be Water/Flying or Water/Steel

I wonder what new battle gimmick we'll get tho. Mega Evos making a grand return, tho? 👀

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly regardless of whether the game itself is good or not I do wanna see the final Pokédex, new Pokémon designs are always my favorite part of a new generation.

I do also want the games to be good though, don't get me wrong.
That’s the one thing I’m unequivocally hype about. Getting another 80 or so new Pokémon is always fun.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m saying that it’s cool that sumo was set in a Hawaii inspired region and wish they did more of that. The Great Plains or maybe the desert sections like Nevada. Would be neat.
I think Spain is different enough from the rest of Europe to be distinct.
Eh. I guess in theory. Maybe I’d be more receptive to it if there wasn’t the friggin weight tied around my ankles that is the game being open world, dragging me to the absolute bottom levels of disappointment. I can’t even get attached to any of the starters. I’m just… sad. I don’t want to be sad. But I am.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Before people ask/complain.

I wonder if there's a special reason they are wearing school uniforms.
Also looks like the main characters have different colored outfits depending on the version you select according to the Japanese site.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m saying that it’s cool that sumo was set in a Hawaii inspired region and wish they did more of that. The Great Plains or maybe the desert sections like Nevada. Would be neat.

Eh. I guess in theory. Maybe I’d be more receptive to it if there wasn’t the friggin weight tied around my ankles that is the game being open world, dragging me to the absolute bottom levels of disappointment. I can’t even get attached to any of the starters. I’m just… sad. I don’t want to be sad. But I am.
Cool.

I’ll be vibing with my croc, blasting gangplank galleon so he grows up big and strong.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It would be very fitting but I'm not making two Pokemon jokes in a row

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Wilder race:

View attachment 346225

“I’m Wilder Hare of Inaba. You know me, right? I'm famous! …just don't hurt me, please.”

Alignment: Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Japanese mythology. A mythical rabbit from the Inaba prefecture. It challenges the sharks in the sea to see whether they or rabbits have a bigger clan. In order to count them, the rabbit makes them lie in a row and then hops on them, going from one shore to another. In the end, it reveals that it tricked the sharks to use them as a bridge. However, it wasn’t fast enough and the final shark attacks it, ripping its fur from its skin.

Skills: Sukukaja, Trafuri, Media

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Femme race.

I’m pretty sure SMT is not even the first place where Hare of Inaba is depicted with patchwork style fur like this. It also has some pretty bad luck with encountering demons who wants to tear it into pieces, such as Alice. Its skillset also reflects his tale quite well, focusing on speed, escape, and healing.
Thats a bunny. I love him

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why like the starters when they’re going to evolve into trash just like last time? Why get excited for playing the game when it’s emphasizing the one aspect of gameplay you always tolerated/disliked? Why anything? Why everything? How did I have the absolute horrible luck of becoming a fan of Pokémon right when the series was becoming something I don’t like?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why like the starters when they’re going to evolve into trash just like last time?
Eh, I feel like it’s a toss up. You can’t count on one generation’s starters being like the last, each generation has its own design principals. These new guys already look different than gen 8.

Not saying they won’t suck, cuz they might. But y’know.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Why like the starters when they’re going to evolve into trash just like last time? Why get excited for playing the game when it’s emphasizing the one aspect of gameplay you always tolerated/disliked? Why anything? Why everything? How did I have the absolute horrible luck of becoming a fan of Pokémon right when the series was becoming something I don’t like?
Chill out. The game is just not for you.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, it's me JDCabrera.

Before going into subject, no I'm still not returning to the site. What certain people did to me I haven't forgiven and doubt they will ever apologize for so my leave is permanent

Just felt the need to pass by regarding the recent news of the new Pokémon games and the rumours which have been going on about the new region, and I really wanted people such as Noipoi Noipoi , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! TheMightyP TheMightyP and osby osby among other Pokémon fans here I used to talk with to know about my feelings.

Ok, so ever since the trailers dropped there has been this speculation that the new region is based on Spain. More so because of the spanish names of the starters, some elements found in the trailers and specially this location which reminds of La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona

And you see, I am kinda excited about this possibility... But also really nervous because of what this may mean regarding the representation of the Canary Islands.

Long story short: Spain representation in general popular media has almost always lacked representation of the Canary Islands. There are really rare exceptions which can be counted with just two hands (Phantom Blood ending with Joseph Joestar as a baby going there during his childhood for example) and It is a shame because I really feel like my people should get some more representation.

The Canary Islands have won many awards due to all it's enviromental achievements, have some of the most diverse population and natural locations in the world... And all in all they have been poorly represented in media.
The most recent example I can think of is the movie Eternals, which while had some scenes recorded here... It was to represent a whole different country in the world and most people would miss out on It.

So yeah, if all these rumours are true, if this new region is indeed inspired by Spain... I just hope that the Pokémon company delivers properly and gives my people some proper representation. It's one of the things I have asked for in a long time, and I would be dissapointed if this is just another missed opportunity.
I do have hopes doh because this trailer focused a lot on the enviroments, which is already different and a good thing. Hopefully they keep It up if they decide to represent my Islands.

That's all I came here to say, gonna keep this account for some hours to see thoughts on this matter and maybe tomorrow I'll request an account deletion.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm hoping they carry over the revolutionary feature from PLA that is giving the male character long hair. I'm getting sick of playing as the female characters

Noipoi

Howdy!

Before going into subject, no I'm still not returning to the site. What certain people did to me I haven't forgiven and doubt they will ever apologize for so my leave is permanent

Just felt the need to pass by regarding the recent news of the new Pokémon games and the rumours which have been going on about the new region, and I really wanted people such as Noipoi Noipoi , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! TheMightyP TheMightyP and osby osby among other Pokémon fans here I used to talk with to know about my feelings.

Ok, so ever since the trailers dropped there has been this speculation that the new region is based on Spain. More so because of the spanish names of the starters, some elements found in the trailers and specially this location which reminds of La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona

And you see, I am kinda excited about this possibility... But also really nervous because of what this may mean regarding the representation of the Canary Islands.

Long story short: Spain representation in general popular media has almost always lacked representation of the Canary Islands. There are really rare exceptions which can be counted with just two hands (Phantom Blood ending with Joseph Joestar as a baby going there during his childhood for example) and It is a shame because I really feel like my people should get some more representation.

The Canary Islands have won many awards due to all it's enviromental achievements, have some of the most diverse population and natural locations in the world... And all in all they have been poorly represented in media.
The most recent example I can think of is the movie Eternals, which while had some scenes recorded here... It was to represent a whole different country in the world and most people would miss out on It.

So yeah, if all these rumours are true, if this new region is indeed inspired by Spain... I just hope that the Pokémon company delivers properly and gives my people some proper representation. It's one of the things I have asked for in a long time, and I would be dissapointed if this is just another missed opportunity.
I do have hopes doh because this trailer focused a lot on the enviroments, which is already different and a good thing. Hopefully they keep It up if they decide to represent my Islands.

That's all I came here to say, gonna keep this account for some hours to see thoughts on this matter and maybe tomorrow I'll request an account deletion.
It’s good to see you! You doing okay?

osby

Smash Obsessed

It's great to see you here again! I get why you're leaving but I hope you've been well, it's been a while since I last heard from you.

On the topic of representation, I can relate. Mainstream entertainment doesn't have a great track record regarding my country, either. I'd like to see this game deliver on Spain well, I love it there and you deserve to see it get done justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom