• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s open world. It looks like Legends is having an inspiration.

How pissed are you right now?

Did you break a table :nifty:
I’m just sad and disappointed. I’m not angry. Like, exaggerated online anger aside it’s just very disappointing to love Pokémon so much to a degree and then not like where the series is going from a gameplay or design aspect.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I thought it was Spain?
My geography sucks, i get the two confused for some reason a lot

Hope Pokémon learned from all the criticisms that they got slammed with from the start of Sword and Shield.

The Pokémon fanbase was at its total worst then and I don't want a second round of migraine please.
It was all justified, that game is garbage, they ****ed up a cool setting and just gave us hallways.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Not gonna lie
I really love Fuecoco's design
Not feeling the name as much

Sprigatitio tho?Good design as well
I LOVE THAT NAME THO HOLY COW

Quaxly is cool too dw lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
gatito means "tiny cat" in Spanish, so it seems like Spain like everyone else is speculating
Japan, Europe, and America (and not even the interesting parts of America). Seriously. Why? For a series based around interesting and creative wildlife designs you’ed think they’ed go someplace that irl has tones of interesting and exotic wildlife already. Or do the people there have too much melanin for you GameFreak?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Will need to see more but it does potentially look like a step up from ShSw. Not really surprising considering Let's Go was years ago now, but I can't say I'm a fan of the new characters/Pokemon. Definitely seems that the region is based on Spain especially given the starter names.

Starters always come down to their final evolutions, so I'll hold judgement. The trainers on the other hand are pretty bland IMO. There are some slight differences, but it's mostly just the hair.

Unless the Fuecoco is like Snivy, I guess we'll be seeing a split from the Chinese zodiac for the first time. All that's left is Snake, Horse, Ox, and Sheep.

Sprigatito looks like a Grass type Litten. Am getting a lot of Fennekin vibes from it. I really hope it stays a quadrupedal.

Will be interesting to see if Quaxly ends up as Water/Flying for its base/final typing. Hopefully there will be enough to differentiate it from the Swanna line. Looks ironically like a Blue Footed Booby.

That fire starter gives me massive Bubble Bobble vibes though.
Reminding people that we have Bubble Bobble emotes. lol

:bubblebobble::EvilBub:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Okay, so

- This game has probably already had nearly two years in the oven

- It's clearly following off of PLA, which they said future games would

- It still has like, 9 months before it goes gold and third version DLC, if SwSh is any indication

- PLA and BDSP were different teams, so that means that they're going to continue doing annual releases via different teams that handle different games.

I think I'm like, 80% onboard now, but still man, this is really fast.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I freaking NEED Sprigatito.
FMnEyXFX0AAxTPz.png

Also, I'm actually half Puerto-Rican, and my family on my father's side all speak Spanish. So seeing Pokemon with Spanish naming conventions is sick as crap to me, I love it. I'm not super knowledgeable on Spanish, (Though I plan on learning it soon) but I can definitely tell that Sprigatito and Fuecoco have "gato" (Spanish for cat) and "fuego" (Spanish for fire) pretty clearly mixed into their names. That's real neat!

Edit: Quick correction, Sprigatito's name is closer to "gatito" than "gato", but ya know what I mean, haha.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hope Pokémon learned from all the criticisms that they got slammed with from the start of Sword and Shield.

The Pokémon fanbase was at its total worst then and I don't want a second round of migraine please.
Remember the rule: If a Pokemon generation is the second one a system has, it will be better than the first one.

It was true for BW vs. DP. It was true for SS vs. XY. And if you consider it the second generation for the black-and-white Game Boy instead of the GBC's generation, it's true for GS vs. RB too.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Will need to see more but it does potentially look like a step up from ShSw. Not really surprising considering Let's Go was years ago now, but I can't say I'm a fan of the new characters/Pokemon. Definitely seems that the region is based on Spain especially given the starter names.

Starters always come down to their final evolutions, so I'll hold judgement. The trainers on the other hand are pretty bland IMO. There are some slight differences, but it's mostly just the hair.

Unless the Fuecoco is like Snivy, I guess we'll be seeing a split from the Chinese zodiac for the first time. All that's left is Snake, Horse, Ox, and Sheep.

Sprigatito looks like a Grass type Litten. Am getting a lot of Fennekin vibes from it. I really hope it stays a quadrupedal.

Will be interesting to see if Quaxly ends up as Water/Flying for its base/final typing. Hopefully there will be enough to differentiate it from the Swanna line. Looks ironically like a Blue Footed Booby.
Its for sure better then Sword and Shield already

But why go back to the two version method. I know why but ****ing why

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I freaking NEED Sprigatito.
View attachment 346223
Also, I'm actually half Puerto-Rican, and my family on my father's side all speak Spanish. So seeing Pokemon with Spanish naming conventions is sick as crap to me, I love it. I'm not super knowledgeable on Spanish, (Though I plan on learning it soon) but I can definitely tell that Sprigatito and Fuecoco have "gato" (Spanish for cat) and "fuego" (Spanish for fire) pretty clearly mixed into their names. That's real neat!
It'd be cool to have a region actually based on the carribean someday. Somewhere close to home.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Japan, Europe, and America (and not even the interesting parts of America). Seriously. Why? For a series based around interesting and creative wildlife designs you’ed think they’ed go someplace that irl has tones of interesting and exotic wildlife already. Or do the people there have too much melanin for you GameFreak?
As cool as an Africa region would be I do not want Pokemon fans to have that for obvious reasons.

Also, New York and and Britian are pretty damn melanated

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As cool as an Africa region would be I do not want Pokemon fans to have that for obvious reasons.

Also, New York and and Britian are pretty damn melanated
I was just being frustrated and lashing out at something arbitrary that the places I would love to have regions based on (Africa, South America, and Australia) have in common. I’m tired of Europe and Japan and there certainly are more interesting places in America to go to. Like Alola (which I actually forgot about somehow).

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was just being frustrated and lashing out at something arbitrary that the places I would love to have regions based on (Africa, South America, and Australia) have in common. I’m tired of Europe and Japan and there certainly are more interesting places in America to go to. Like Alola (which I actually forgot about somehow).
I think Spain is different enough from the rest of Europe to be distinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom