• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hey guys, it's me JDCabrera.

Before going into subject, no I'm still not returning to the site. What certain people did to me I haven't forgiven and doubt they will ever apologize for so my leave is permanent

Just felt the need to pass by regarding the recent news of the new Pokémon games and the rumours which have been going on about the new region, and I really wanted people such as Noipoi Noipoi , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! TheMightyP TheMightyP and osby osby among other Pokémon fans here I used to talk with to know about my feelings.

Ok, so ever since the trailers dropped there has been this speculation that the new region is based on Spain. More so because of the spanish names of the starters, some elements found in the trailers and specially this location which reminds of La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona

And you see, I am kinda excited about this possibility... But also really nervous because of what this may mean regarding the representation of the Canary Islands.

Long story short: Spain representation in general popular media has almost always lacked representation of the Canary Islands. There are really rare exceptions which can be counted with just two hands (Phantom Blood ending with Joseph Joestar as a baby going there during his childhood for example) and It is a shame because I really feel like my people should get some more representation.

The Canary Islands have won many awards due to all it's enviromental achievements, have some of the most diverse population and natural locations in the world... And all in all they have been poorly represented in media.
The most recent example I can think of is the movie Eternals, which while had some scenes recorded here... It was to represent a whole different country in the world and most people would miss out on It.

So yeah, if all these rumours are true, if this new region is indeed inspired by Spain... I just hope that the Pokémon company delivers properly and gives my people some proper representation. It's one of the things I have asked for in a long time, and I would be dissapointed if this is just another missed opportunity.
I do have hopes doh because this trailer focused a lot on the enviroments, which is already different and a good thing. Hopefully they keep It up if they decide to represent my Islands.

That's all I came here to say, gonna keep this account for some hours to see thoughts on this matter and maybe tomorrow I'll request an account deletion.
Hey, long time no see.

GF usually does their homework when it comes to researching geography, so I really hope you get your wish with the Canary Islands.

D

Deleted member

It’s good to see you! You doing okay?
Trying to do better, thanks for asking.

I specifically wanted to apologize to you for ghosting myself out of Twitter, the whole Not Fun Thingies thing made me want to delete my account there.

Hopefully you are doing well too.
It's great to see you here again! I get why you're leaving but I hope you've been well, it's been a while since I last heard from you.

On the topic of representation, I can relate. Mainstream entertainment doesn't have a great track record regarding my country, either. I'd like to see this game deliver on Spain well, I love it there and you deserve to see it get done justice.
Thanks Osby, thankfully I am here trying to do better.

And I am glad that you understand the whole representation thing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Chill out. The game is just not for you.
But I love Pokémon! Or at least I used to. I want it to be for me! Not in a selfish kind of “every game that’s made should appeal to me exclusively” kind of way but more so that I just want a new game in one of my favorite series that’s cool and fun to play from my own point of view. And this doesn’t look like that.

D

Deleted member

Hey, long time no see.

GF usually does their homework when it comes to researching geography, so I really hope you get your wish with the Canary Islands.
That's good to know MightyP, praying that they do indeed deliver.

Hoping you are doing well too!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

TimeJ

Smash Cadet
I hope Scarlet and Violet let you tackle the gyms in any order, I wanna see em take advantage of the open world format.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

slowly backs away
i mean I asked it as a joke cuz I’m with Ramen Tengoku in that this Gen might be skipped in regards to smash
Maybe it'll get a stage like Gen 5 did?
Smash technically skipped gen 5 but it still had representation.

i still cry that gen 3 has nothing.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I guess I have to beat Volo and get Arceus in order to get this dlc to work so i guess I have work to do

Oh nvm looks you gotta slep
I really hope they patched out the softlock, i dont want to stumble into it on accident.

Also yeah National Dex is never coming back.
As long as there's something replacing it i dont have a problem, which was the main issue with Sword and shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom