• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
All the games I could potentially get with my current money on the 3DS are kind of crap

I do have like 15 bucks in Amazon money leftover that I could use, but the max that'd get me is a VC Pokemon game (Getting a Gen 1 game is tempting, but I dunno if it's worth it)
Aw heck no, OG Gen 1? Nonononono, save your money and just get one of the Let's Go games at some point.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
No point with no breeding.

Effort Levels are 10000x better
Dude

Speaking as someone who loves what they've done to Pokémon Breeding...

Just make breeding about Egg Moves and Natures

Get rid of IVs

Make EVs work like how they do in PLA

and then comp Pokémon is, for the first time, actually good.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Dude

Speaking as someone who loves what they've done to Pokémon Breeding...

Just make breeding about Egg Moves and Natures

Get rid of IVs

Make EVs work like how they do in PLA

and then comp Pokémon is, for the first time, actually good.
IVs are the reason why I don't like breeding. Way too grindy and game of luck.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
IVs made me see every single Pokémon I've ever raised as imperfect which made me feel bad because I loved them anyway. I definitely didn't miss them in PLA.

If they bring back effort levels I might actually consider getting into VGC, since it would be a snap to raise them.

And with that, Good Night My Gamers

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
IVs made me see every single Pokémon I've ever raised as imperfect which made me feel bad because I loved them anyway. I definitely didn't miss them in PLA.

If they bring back effort levels I might actually consider getting into VGC, since it would be a snap to raise them.

And with that, Good Night My Gamers
I really hated that. Made all my mons feel inadequate by comparison. In PLA anything can become OP with Effort Levels

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I dunno, maybe it's because I imposed myself a mission to make all of my units viable by grinding but both games left a bad taste in my mouth

Also I like Birthright's aesthetics better

Also also if a game is sold as three games but only one of them is worth it then it's a failure of marketing and a waste of resources
I literally like no one besides takumi and Subaki in birthrights game but I loved everyone and the look of everything on The Conquest side. Plus Conquest has Niles so that alone makes it better. I also didn't try and make all my units usable and only focus on the ones I liked. Yeah, I spoiled Niles and Jakob
Rey Mysterio
dk3eyif254z61.jpg

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I know I've said it like twenty times or something, but MAN this show's animation is so nice!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah

PLA doesn't have IVs, huh?

Oh who am I kidding, they ain't keeping that in mainline lol.
I mean legends is mainline, so anything is possible imo.

Also side note:

For anyone hunting shiny alphas via mass outbreaks, there’s a tip youneed to know.

If a normal alpha spawns before the shiny, kill it or the shiny won’t have a chance to spawn alpha in that outbreak. There can only be one at a time in an outbreak.

D

Deleted member

For some reason I've been in the mood to breed for competitive Pokemon again, even though I'll never actually touch comp. Got like half a box of Charmander now (with and without HA) while going for a shiny.

Sure, Charizard is overrated as hell, but sometimes you just wanna give in to your inner child and go "edgy black/red fire-spewing dragon = cool". Although I do miss its Gen 2 bootleg Ridley colors.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, coming here before sleep just to say that, for some reason, the new update for HL2 & it's episodes cause the joystick for my controller to not work at all. I had to go back to a previous update to make it work again. So if someone here got a problem with their controller like me, let me & Valves/other player know.

Also off-topic, but Lanz from Xenoblade 3 is bestest for me so far & I'm so looking forward to know more about him.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
All the games I could potentially get with my current money on the 3DS are kind of crap

I do have like 15 bucks in Amazon money leftover that I could use, but the max that'd get me is a VC Pokemon game (Getting a Gen 1 game is tempting, but I dunno if it's worth it)
Crystal should be the biggest priority when it comes to the VC games if you don't already have it due to the Celebi event. There's also benefits such as Odd Egg shinies.

Yellow might also be worth a look as it gives easy access to the unique Surfing Pikachu game. Gen 1 is still fun IMO, but I know that's a minority opinion among those in this thread.

D

Deleted member

Having done the obligatory three battles to get shiny Articuno, I ain't gonna touch comp again until next month for Zapdos. Who at GF thought that Zacian and Regieleki were a good idea?

Bazooka Lucca

BRoomer
BRoomer
Day two after applying to this **** job. They haven't gotten back to me. Ghosted again. And my dad wonders why i gave up looking for work
Reach back out. Tell them you're genuinely interested and want to move forward with the process. Worst case scenario is they say they moved forward with other candidates. But, that's better than hearing nothing.

Best case scenario you get the job because they like your go-getter attitude.

Go get it.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Reactions: Z25

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
movie comes out in the US during the Summer…enough time for everyone to legally watch this movie for Toei

Shroob

Sup?
dude I'm not sure I know a single person irl who owns one of these really fancy plastic character figurines. And I'm friends with plenty of weebs! They're just so expensive and it feels like there's 10 made at a time.
Long, long loooooooooooooooooooooong time ago, I had a couple figurines.

Then my mom got mad randomly one day and decided that I needed to 'man up' and tossed them all out.

Gotta love parents who believe men and women have to act certain ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom