• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think the one thing that'll stick with me the longest about Sonic isn't the games, or the movies, or the music, or anything else.

It'll be that one dude in the Newcomer thread who had convinced himself that Shadow was 100% getting into Ultimate as a playable character, and would write like 10-20 paragraph long explanations over the smallest details to try to convince others that Shadow was happening, with a majority of said paragraphs being just filler text to draw out his main arguments.
Mario is the Nintendo’s mascot, and smash is a Nintendo game. Who was Mario’s rival in the 90s? Sonic. Who’s Sonic’s dark counterpart? Shadow.

But that’s not all. Mario wears red. You know who else wears red? Shadow.

Mario jumps, you know who else can jump? Shadow.

Mario sounds like Maria. Who was Maria’s best friend? Shadow.

Mario has a brother. You know who else had a brother? Shadow, but only in the comics.

Mario is in smash, so you know what that means…

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm honestly surprised that we didn't get a single Sonic echo. Between Shadow, Metal Sonic, and maybe Tails if you stretch the definition to the levels of Chrom or Ken, there were plenty of options to choose from.

Shroob

Sup?
I don’t feel silly for thinking Shadow had a good shot. He’s one of those character that felt like they were made to be an echo fighter.

I wouldn’t have kept holding onto it after November 2018, though…
Thing is, after that, we had the mindset of "Do Assist trophies REALLY deconfirm tho?"

Which, to be fair, we don't know if they do 100%

But Ultimate sure didn't get any upgrades, so it's not a good look for the thought process.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Sonic content in Smash period is weak though IMO.

Two stages, both basically being Green Hill Zone? And the second one is from Lost World? Nah, man.

At least we had Reach for the Stars and City Escape, but they didn't even get the good Sonic Forces songs in there for recency bias.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I would have loved to see Chemical Plant Zone as a stage. Throw in Tails as an echo fighter (though with a different recovery and a few different animations since he doesn't have Sonic's quills and he'd have a slightly shorter range), and that would have really helped improve the Sonic content in my eyes. (plus, it would probably mean that we'd get more music - at the very least, any version of the Chemical Plant Zone theme would be a welcome addition)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sonic content in Smash period is weak though IMO.

Two stages, both basically being Green Hill Zone? And the second one is from Lost World? Nah, man.

At least we had Reach for the Stars and City Escape, but they didn't even get the good Sonic Forces songs in there for recency bias.
A part of me wonders if that's Sega's doing on the Sonic confent, because aside from recency bias there's no reason to have a Lost World stage like at all.

Also, what good Sonic Forces song? There's like 2 and Fist Bumps in the game

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
No matter what, I still feel like Tails was such a surprise omission from Smash 4 onward. He's literally one of THE sidekicks in gaming.

A reminder of my biggest complaint that Smash Ultimate base game still felt pretty dry honestly.
Just a few newcomers not in on that front like him, Ninten and Dixie Kong.

OK.

The almost lack of new stages in the base game is still my biggest complaint (and new Palutena's Guidance bar base newcomers).

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
A part of me wonders if that's Sega's doing on the Sonic confent, because aside from recency bias there's no reason to have a Lost World stage like at all.

Also, what good Sonic Forces song? There's like 2 and Fist Bumps in the game
IMO the Avatar stages are mostly bops.

Lacking Infinite's theme is also a crime.

We dodged Classic Sonic's songs, though, which is something to celebrate.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Sometimes I wish we got a full HD DS system and I can get these two games remastered:

1644189171065.png
1644189197997.png

And I'm suprised Ubi has not given this game a Switch port yet:

1644189272194.png

What, I thought we were talking about getting robbed, I wanted to join in too.
Ah you got stabbed, cut open and the guys were gonna bring you to the incinerator to make you a baked potato.

But you were like "Nah man, I ain't going for the fryer today." and you grabbed the knife and threw at them. They lay down crying and you quipped "but you there are gonna be up on the choppin block." and phoned the guys right?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think the one thing that'll stick with me the longest about Sonic isn't the games, or the movies, or the music, or anything else.

It'll be that one dude in the Newcomer thread who had convinced himself that Shadow was 100% getting into Ultimate as a playable character, and would write like 10-20 paragraph long explanations over the smallest details to try to convince others that Shadow was happening, with a majority of said paragraphs being just filler text to draw out his main arguments.
not only that - he was completely convinced he would be unique. Not an echo. He laughed at those who would claim Shadow would have "Two spindashes and a spring". He also claimed he would drink motor oil or something if shadow didn't get in.:drshrug:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm honestly surprised that we didn't get a single Sonic echo. Between Shadow, Metal Sonic, and maybe Tails if you stretch the definition to the levels of Chrom or Ken, there were plenty of options to choose from.
Personally, and this probably sounds very tinfoil-hat like. But i think the only reason this didnt happen is Because Sega doesnt want characters who arent Sonic to be playable in things.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, black and blue after Sonic's done with them
View attachment 344436
Fun fact, Yuji Naka commented on the original image of this. I'd link the tweet but the original image has a middle finger and that's just too gosh darn hecking rude for the mods
I played SA2, I'm well aware that Sonic says NO to the military.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom