• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watched a little bit of Despicable Me 3 and was reminded that the line "It's on like Donkey Kong" was uttered in it.

Funny when you remember the same studio is also working on the Mario movie.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watched a little bit of Despicable Me 3 and was reminded that the line "It's on like Donkey Kong" was uttered in it.

Funny when you remember the same studio is also working on the Mario movie.
Really should of went to DreamWorks.

Then again there's always Kirby and Splatoon. Those definitely feel like those could be DreamWorks adaptions.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So guys:

What do you all think of my tagline/location thing now? Out of 10 sort of thing.

Kingdom Hearts II: The game where we actually get to hear Sora sing.
Ah yes the level with the fillet-o-fish musical that made me annoyed at the game.

And the whole fish to human transformation anatomy always questions me. Is it counted as metamorphosis? Yes? No? Answer us on a postcard.

I remember my sister reaction when she saw she had to go to that world a 2nd time. It was of pure annoyence
The Little Mermaid is one of those Disney films I can't stand anymore. That is one part.

The other is being forced to go on the ride at Disneyland Orlando and being in the middle of three siblings with the music blasting on it. Felt like the scene in FFVII where Cloud and Barret are in Gold Saucer together.

1639255192232.png

I do remember you wanted to change it for a long time, yeah! xD But again I think I haven't been around much nor paying much attention, so again, so sorry! Glad you got it, though! :D Better late than never! xD I will have to get used to it as well! That's the thing about name changes from friends, if I don't notice it, I am just left scratching my head trying to figure out who it is because I don't want to screw up...that happened before, believe me! xD
Like I said I'm surprised you didn't know if was my username but now you know. I didn't mind TheIrepan as a name but it was only ever for temporary but the story of me tied to here is now legendary in the history of SB (I think).

Dutch Sakuraba has always been it. I just love the name. Feels the me I want to be if that makes sense.

KillerCage

Smash Master
For what it's worth, I think the Bleach movie was pretty good.

I can see similar urban fantasy manga working well in live-action, like Jujutsu Kaisen or Noragami.
I think we are in agreement about that Bleach movie and I have never seen the anime nor read the manga.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Like I said I'm surprised you didn't know if was my username but now you know. I didn't mind TheIrepan as a name but it was only ever for temporary but the story of me tied to here is now legendary in the history of SB (I think).
xD It is indeed legendary, my friend!

Dutch Sakuraba has always been it. I just love the name. Feels the me I want to be if that makes sense.
:3 Maybe one day you could tell me the story behind the name because I am really curious!
So guys:

What do you all think of my tagline/location thing now? Out of 10 sort of thing.
; w ; I have no idea where it comes from so...I think I cannot really say! xD I am so behind everything...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Can't wait to find out who will get added into the next update of PMEX Remix.

So far the only confirmed characters are Wii Fit Trainer and Ultimate Lucina.

Dutch Raikuna

I dunno what’s it’s referencing but it looks cool so 7.8/10
It's the first line of My Generation from The Who. To anime fans it's the opening song of A Silent Voice but thanks to my best friend IRL I've known the song years before watching it.

OP if anyone is interested. Also my pfp comes from a show made by the same studio.

:3 Maybe one day you could tell me the story behind the name because I am really curious!
Long story short.

Dutch comes from Dutch van der Linde from Red Dead Redemption. I loved the game back in like 2011. Sakuraba comes from Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You which I played the same year. 2014 started playing Persona 4 Golden (had it for a year and a half before but I was weird with for some reason.) and before I knew Yu Narukami as the canon so I picked the name.

So stuck the two together and the name stuck. Few years forward and wanted to make a Discord account that was separate from my username in other places. A bit more to the story but TheIrepan was basically a name for throwaway accounts my other username for forums and then Dutch Sakuraba for friends.

Just led from there.

Dutch Raikuna

Just posting this from The Game Awards and the GOTY medley again.

Man I still can't get over how cool the stage design for it is. Love how the lights reflect each game.

Ratchet and Clank - The purple reflect the rifts beaming into the audience.

It Takes Two - The dimly lit brown reflecting the characters being toys and the house setting.

Psychonauts 2 - Green reflecting Raz and the game's aesthetic

Resident Evil Village - Dimly lit again to reflect the snow setting and the horror elements.

Metroid Dread - Of course the bright red reflecting the EMMI's, the blasts and danger feel of the game.

Deathloop - The red in a circular fashion to reflect the game's day loop mechanic and the 60's retro feel.

Just fantastic stage design that I hope is revisited again.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
You know who's feet we'll never get to see?

Jesus's feet in the last supper. They were there, but then they got cut off.

Blasphemy.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Can't wait to find out who will get added into the next update of PMEX Remix.

So far the only confirmed characters are Wii Fit Trainer and Ultimate Lucina.
Are you also on the Discord? I saw that earlier and I thought about letting you know, I didn't know you were.
also, Mega Man X and Sukapon are basically confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom