• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
In all fairness Shiny Hunter's haven't started the game yet.

Yeah, Vic did the best Dragon Soul, but um...

Wtf happened to him? He got fired, which got the nerds riled up for reasons, he plead guilty to his harassment claims, and now he's...

Being a ****head I guess? Idk he dropped from the face of the earth.
Yeah drama on top of drama but his work, I love it. His Edward and Tamaki is top notch. In my opinion, i think it was a a stink by some other VAs but thet another topic for another day. All I'll say is I love his voice work.

And I know if I said I'm still a fan of him in general I'm going to be attacked by certain people so I'll just keep that to myself

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah drama on top of drama but his work, I love it. His Edward and Tamaki is top notch. In my opinion, i think it was a a stink by some other VAs but thet another topic for another day. All I'll say is I love his voice work.

And I know if I said I'm still a fan of him in general I'm going to be attacked by certain people so I'll just keep that to myself
Nah, he did some damn good voicework, I'll say that.

But as a person, yeah it gets muddy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Wtf happened to him? He got fired, which got the nerds riled up for reasons, he plead guilty to his harassment claims, and now he's...

Last I heard he was still getting invited to cons while spewing antivaxx **** just last year. His lawyers also still have work which is mindblowing considering just how much of a ****show it was on their end with missing deadlines and Vic destroying evidence and ****, including saying that the gofundme made to pay his lawyers wasn't his and that he never saw a single cent from it

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Last I heard he was still getting invited to cons while spewing antivaxx ** just last year. His lawyers also still have work which is mindblowing considering just how much of a ***show it was on their end with missing deadlines and Vic destroying evidence and *, including saying that the gofundme made to pay his lawyers wasn't his and that he never saw a single cent from it
Huh, damn. I guess he's still... doing stuff, idk what a mess.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So my copy of Re:Zero's next volume had arrived today (yay)................................and I finished it in a few hours.

View attachment 339260

Dammit! I read it way, way, way too fast! Will say though, it had one of the best chapters I've read in the entire story so far.

Damn it Re:Zero! Why do you have to be one of the only three excellent isekai (IMO)!

someone who isn't me using LS reaction pics?

BE96AF54-34BB-44E4-B980-702B2C8B2242 (2).jpeg

you're steppin' on my turf, Ire

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Would you like me to recommend anything? Well need to know your tastes first.
Nothing cry bait like Clannad for sure. I love me some Action, Paranormal, drama, mystery, sports, comedy, Adventure.

I know one anime I have my eyes on is The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window The main problem this season is the amount of Isekais coming out, far to many

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
as I begin DBZ Kai…I am still unable to accept every single intro singer the show had who wasn’t Vic Mignogna…thanks a lot Nicktoons for picking the only perfect version of Dragon Soul and using it for 97 episodes straight
Aw **** yeah the Vic version of Dragon soul is so great.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Nothing cry bait like Clannad for sure. I love me some Action, Paranormal, drama, mystery, sports, comedy, Adventure.

I know one anime I have my eyes on is The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window The main problem this season is the amount of Isekais coming out, far to many
For Isekai I'd say the only ones worth watching IMO are Re:Zero (dark fantasy elements), My Life as a Villainess (less an isekai and more a great comedy with waifu/husbando) and Reincarnated as a Slime (surprisingly good lore and good cast).

Anyways easy recommendations looking at your genres:

Land of the Lustrous - Very easy recommend.
Amagi Brilliant Park
Nichijou
Made in Abyss - Very easy recommend but you'll need to stomach a a bit
Toradora
Zombieland Saga - It's just balls to the walls absurd comedy/horror/idol/bit of action.

Good afternoon everyone! How are y'all?
Alive and about to play some Spidey or AC Valhalla before bed.

Grand as grand

D

Deleted member

I see Lucky Star, I've been summoned. I have a severe soft spot for it, being the first anime I ever watched on Youtube, all the way back when the episodes were still split into three parts due to the 10 minute time limit. Hard to believe it's been 14 years already.

Also Konata was my main in Mugen. If I didn't have a potato for a laptop, I'd totally download it again.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
For Isekai I'd say the only ones worth watching IMO are Re:Zero (dark fantasy elements), My Life as a Villainess (less an isekai and more a great comedy with waifu/husbando) and Reincarnated as a Slime (surprisingly good lore and good cast).

Anyways easy recommendations looking at your genres:

Land of the Lustrous - Very easy recommend.
Amagi Brilliant Park
Nichijou
Made in Abyss - Very easy recommend but you'll need to stomach a a bit
Toradora
Zombieland Saga - It's just balls to the walls absurd comedy/horror/idol/bit of action.

Alive and about to play some Spidey or AC Valhalla before bed.

Grand as grand
Ohbyeah, Ive watched Land of the Lustrous when it came out. loved that. Watched Zombieland Saga too but dropped it after a while

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I see Lucky Star, I've been summoned. I have a severe soft spot for it, being the first anime I ever watched on Youtube, all the way back when the episodes were still split into three parts due to the 10 minute time limit. Hard to believe it's been 14 years already.

Also Konata was my main in Mugen. If I didn't have a potato for a laptop, I'd totally download it again.
Oh my word Mugen

that brings back memories

I feel like its modern equivalent nowadays is the Rivals of Aether Workshop. :nifty:

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master

I can second Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna 's recommendations on "Land of the Lustrous" and "Made in Abyss" though be warned: the "darkness" in the latter show WILL hit hard by episode 10. That's not even considering the movie that features underground Shou Tucker and Nina.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Last I heard he was still getting invited to cons while spewing antivaxx ** just last year. His lawyers also still have work which is mindblowing considering just how much of a ***show it was on their end with missing deadlines and Vic destroying evidence and *, including saying that the gofundme made to pay his lawyers wasn't his and that he never saw a single cent from it
an amazing actor with such an out of nowhere everything bts…hope things are settled up
Aw **** yeah the Vic version of Dragon soul is so great.
that and whoever sing the end credits with the Nicktoons airing (these other cats singing are slackers in comparison)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Lucky Star is in a list I like to call "how the absolute **** how I've not watched this yet." as it's adorable as hell. (I might post the rest of that list)

Plus since MooMew64 MooMew64 adores it, I'll watch it hopefully after Super Cub.

Ohbyeah, Ive watched Land of the Lustrous when it came out. loved that. Watched Zombieland Saga too but dropped it after a while
1. I watched Land of the Lustrous for the first time this year and my god I was blown away. The music (one of the best I've listened to), the animation, the plot was amazing. Really want a Season 2.

2. Zombieland Saga Season 1 did have about two weak episode but then Season 2 dialed up to 11 with some of the best moments. I would give it a go again.

I would add the three isekai I mentioned but beyond that is eh of a genre.

I can second Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna 's recommendations on "Land of the Lustrous" and "Made in Abyss" though be warned: the "darkness" in the latter show WILL hit hard by episode 10. That's not even considering the movie that features underground Shou Tucker and Nina.
Yeah Made in Abyss really goes a bit too over the top by then and is really tied with Madoka Magica of don't be fooled.

Can't wait for the game as well.

D

Deleted member

Oh my word Mugen

that brings back memories

I feel like its modern equivalent nowadays is the Rivals of Aether Workshop. :nifty:
Mugen really is a beautiful thing. The way you can have characters with completely different playstyles fight each other was just great. Hell, some "characters" weren't even characters, but actual bosses, like Giygas or even the good ol' SMB 1-1 stage.

It was an unbalanced mess and I loved it for it, the old Rare Akuma was among my favorites, just because of the raw chaos he exuded. And on the flipside you had Konata, who played just as badly as in her own fighting game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Mugen really is a beautiful thing. The way you can have characters with completely different playstyles fight each other was just great. Hell, some "characters" weren't even characters, but actual bosses, like Giygas or even the good ol' SMB 1-1 stage.

It was an unbalanced mess and I loved it for it, the old Rare Akuma was among my favorites, just because of the raw chaos he exuded. And on the flipside you had Konata, who played just as badly as in her own fighting game.
Witnessing the arms race that goes from intentionally OP characters to actual malware really gets me

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the casual reminder that the Spider-Man show on MTV somehow managed to have the worst forced/cancelled finale out of all the Spidey shows

…and very much depressing at that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom