• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Aighty, I'll draw this week's AMA in about an hour,

If any of y'all aren't currently on the list of future AMA subjects and would like to be added, please lemme know via reply or PM

Reminder that even if y'all went once or twice before, y'all are free to go again!

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Twitter is a site that exists (click tweet for full context)
It didn't load the full thing for me when the page loaded... but when I clicked that link...
Memestars were not meant to interract like this

I need to start making, like, a .pdf for all these forum weapons I keep finding...

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
out of the choices splatoon 3 or BotW2... the only two games among them that i think I'll get. Everything else doesn't interest me, besides maybe legends Arceus but after sword and shield disappointed me i decided to put that series behind me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I couldn't choose between all of the games I had listed earlier.

So I checked my bank account and realized I could just have them all. :bowsette: Totals out to 60. Ish.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Morning m'gamers

I slept way less than 8 hours and then found out there are no eggs in the fridge so I had to settle for instant noodles, which meant I could only take my antidepressents when I got to work, and then when I arrived my desk was a mess.

How's your morning?

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Well, except XY
Well, you didn't play the same XY that I am playing, then.

I do appreciate the idea of allowing you to fight Gyms 5-7 in any order, but it does come at the cost of all of the Pokemon and Trainers in those areas having the same flat levels.
Kanto lets you do GYMs 3–7 in any order while still having great level curve, though.

I’m re-evaluating my Pokémon Kanto Action-RPG idea into a different idea. Still Pokémon. Still Kanto. But new hook. No humans.
So, Kanto Mystery Dungeon? I mean, yes, where do I sign?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well, you didn't play the same XY that I am playing, then.
To each their own, I personally consider it the weakest of the mainline games.

Kanto lets you do GYMs 3–7 in any order while still having great level curve, though.
Ignoring potential glitches, you need to fight Koga to use Surf before you can fight Blaine as that's the only way to reach Cinnabar, so Gym 7 always has to come after him (and if you go through the Seaform Islands, you need to beat Eirika for Strength). Additionally, the way the levels work in Kanto nudges you on a certain path far more as Surge is decently lower than Eirika, and she's about eight levels lower than Koga and Sabrina, so the only ones that you can really fight in any order are the latter two as otherwise the leveling curve gets skewed either in or out of your favor. Chuck, Jasmine, and Pryce are much closer to each other than those four so you don't get punished nearly as much for going off to beat Pryce before you beat Chuck.

That is a double-edged sword since it leads to the leveling curve problem in Johto, but it makes beating those Gyms in any order more inviting as an option.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
finished all 153 episodes of Dragon Ball…yay

now to begin both my traditional Spider-Man marathon and DBZ Kai
while forgetting to finish all my other marathons

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watching Deep Rising (1998) tonight. Really fun B-movie despite CGI not holding up. They really don't make them as they used to...Miss those kind of films.

Fun Fact: The ending where the three characters gets to that island was actually Skull Island and creature coming towards them being King Kong. Director Stephen Sommers revealed this in an interview. Deep Rising was meant to be a secret prequel to a King Kong film that never came to frution.

That would have been awesome. An R-rated King Kong film. Imagine how brutal things could be whether King Kong tearing people apart or other creatures on Skull Island.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom