• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So

I'm home now

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boy

Alright. So

First thing's first:

I totally understand people who are disappointed by this game. As someone who enjoys Link's Awakening HD immensely, I understand people who didn't like that one either.

However...

They made it pretty clear what they set out to do here. They wanted to make a near 1:1 remake of the original Diamond and Pearl releases, and they made it pretty clear that that was end goal, which I'd say from the looks of it, they succeeded and did a pretty spiffy job.

HOWEVER

That obviously does not mean it is immune to criticism. Speaking as someone who is still super hyped for it, yes, bringing back single use TMs is dumb. Like, really dumb.

But this isn't surprising to me. Why? Well, because they did this in the last major remake. Pokémon ORAS specifically cut a ton of X&Y's new features specifically because Gen 3 didn't have them. They brought back the old shop mechanics because they didn't want to stray from the OG map design, and player customization was removed entirely.

Am I saying these were good things? No, goodness me no, it was just as stupid back then as bringing back the old TM system is now, but it is a reminder that this is just how TPC approaches remakes.

Can I just say though: Can Pokémon fans please get a bit of a grip here? This isn't speaking towards anyone here (thankfully y'all have been discussing this like mature adults), but my word Pokemon discourse since June 2019 has been nothing short of an embarrassment for myself.

Maybe this is a lesson that if the games aren't appealing to what you want, you should go play something that does?

Because seriously, the amount of energy that goes into these constant arguments and debates is disturbing. It's a video game. Some of these people treat it like a life or death situation, and that ain't okay.

Pokémon, in my opinion, is never going to reach the lofty heights a lot want it to as long as it's under the care of those that own it. TPC, GF, and Nintendo are all very committed to the idea of keeping things safe, because it's what works. And while I definitely am an advocate for dumping way more money into the games and giving them more time, it's just not the reality we live in, unfortunately. It really does come down to you accept this series for what it is and try to enjoy it in spite of its flaws, or move on to a series that'll give you what you want, because the constant screaming into the void I see from some people is just...It's just sad.

Anyways,
that's it for my ramble. I'll tag Noipoi Noipoi and Pokelego999 Pokelego999 since this is Pocket Man discussion.

I'm still looking forward to the games, but again, I'm totally cool with people who aren't! Just, for some people in this fanbase....Please learn how to deal with frustration and disappointment in a more healthy manner.
Not to say all the criticism is disingenuous, a lot of it absolutely is valid.

But I think some people just like starting **** :nifty:

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So

I'm home now

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boy

Alright. So

First thing's first:

I totally understand people who are disappointed by this game. As someone who enjoys Link's Awakening HD immensely, I understand people who didn't like that one either.

However...

They made it pretty clear what they set out to do here. They wanted to make a near 1:1 remake of the original Diamond and Pearl releases, and they made it pretty clear that that was end goal, which I'd say from the looks of it, they succeeded and did a pretty spiffy job.

HOWEVER

That obviously does not mean it is immune to criticism. Speaking as someone who is still super hyped for it, yes, bringing back single use TMs is dumb. Like, really dumb.

But this isn't surprising to me. Why? Well, because they did this in the last major remake. Pokémon ORAS specifically cut a ton of X&Y's new features specifically because Gen 3 didn't have them. They brought back the old shop mechanics because they didn't want to stray from the OG map design, and player customization was removed entirely.

Am I saying these were good things? No, goodness me no, it was just as stupid back then as bringing back the old TM system is now, but it is a reminder that this is just how TPC approaches remakes.

Can I just say though: Can Pokémon fans please get a bit of a grip here? This isn't speaking towards anyone here (thankfully y'all have been discussing this like mature adults), but my word Pokemon discourse since June 2019 has been nothing short of an embarrassment for myself.

Maybe this is a lesson that if the games aren't appealing to what you want, you should go play something that does?

Because seriously, the amount of energy that goes into these constant arguments and debates is disturbing. It's a video game. Some of these people treat it like a life or death situation, and that ain't okay.

Pokémon, in my opinion, is never going to reach the lofty heights a lot want it to as long as it's under the care of those that own it. TPC, GF, and Nintendo are all very committed to the idea of keeping things safe, because it's what works. And while I definitely am an advocate for dumping way more money into the games and giving them more time, it's just not the reality we live in, unfortunately. It really does come down to you accept this series for what it is and try to enjoy it in spite of its flaws, or move on to a series that'll give you what you want, because the constant screaming into the void I see from some people is just...It's just sad.

Anyways,
that's it for my ramble. I'll tag Noipoi Noipoi and Pokelego999 Pokelego999 since this is Pocket Man discussion.

I'm still looking forward to the games, but again, I'm totally cool with people who aren't! Just, for some people in this fanbase....Please learn how to deal with frustration and disappointment in a more healthy manner.
I still have no clue what even leaked, haha.

KillerCage

Smash Master
KillerCage KillerCage 's AMA is now up!

as per the usual, If there are any of y'all not currently on the list of future AMA subjects and would like to be, please lemme know.

Reminder that even if y'all went once or twice before, y'all are free to go again!
Thanks for letting me know.
SEND THOSE QUESTIONS MY WAY!!!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Tbh, id actually like to actually really know what leaked
Various graphical overhauls
TMs are single use again, Gym Leaders give multiple at once along with Seals used by their aces
Everyone uses DP teams
DP dex is base, the Grand Underground dex is Nat Dex
Maylene, Byron, Candice, and Volkner fights shown off
Cyrus and Spear Pillar shown
Fainting cries now use Amie/Refresh cries instead of the old ones
Following Pokemon now gain Affection, which gives the boosts like last time
Contest Outfit can be used out of contests
Mom's Skin color changes with the player
Pal Park has a new name, and according to Leakers has an unknown legendary in it
Jirachi is in the game
Battle Tower has a new Master Mode
DP Dex needs completion to access full post game
No Battle Frontier
There's a lot more but that's off the top of my head

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok guys, big news.
View attachment 337144
Can't wait to see how this goes.
Is this connected to Ramona park I wonder.
So I’ve read that you’ll only be able to encounter Pokémon beyond the Sinnoh dex in the grand underground after you beat the game and get the national dex. This isn’t confirmed yet, but if so…

This puts a damper on my team building… :drsad:
Based on the trailers the grand underground looks to be focused on the platinum dex expansions. So that would make sense.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Real talk though, why is no one playing Super Contest, I want someone to leak jasmine’s new gothic outfit, assuming that rumor is real.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Various graphical overhauls
TMs are single use again, Gym Leaders give multiple at once along with Seals used by their aces
Everyone uses DP teams
DP dex is base, the Grand Underground dex is Nat Dex
Maylene, Byron, Candice, and Volkner fights shown off
Cyrus and Spear Pillar shown
Fainting cries now use Amie/Refresh cries instead of the old ones
Following Pokemon now gain Affection, which gives the boosts like last time
Contest Outfit can be used out of contests
Mom's Skin color changes with the player
Pal Park has a new name, and according to Leakers has an unknown legendary in it
Jirachi is in the game
Battle Tower has a new Master Mode
DP Dex needs completion to access full post game
No Battle Frontier
There's a lot more but that's off the top of my head

I'mma be honest

This hyped me more than make me upset, lol.

Getting deja vu from the Sonic leaks.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve done it

After a long ass time

I’ve finally read every single Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comic!

And now I will rate every “era” of said comic, for my amusement.

tagging MooMew64 MooMew64 cuz he also likes the comics

I don’t have much to say here. The first few years of the comic was a cheesy, gag-a-day comic without a hint of melodrama or love triangles. It’s a decently fun read, but it’s not my favorite or anything. However, knowing where the comic was gonna go, the origin of Archie’s Sonic is hilarious.
This is why I started reading the comic in the first place. Because I heard the Sonic comic is absolutely nuts.

Hoo boy

As the comics slowly got more and more story heavy, focusing on action, drama, and romance instead of puns, something else happened. The comic became the weirdest ****in thing imaginable.

We got sex offender skunks, Bee’s overdosing on acid, Knuckles becomes Jesus several times, not to mention he was microwaved! Tails becomes huge and buff and sucks a Wooly Mammoth into his butt-it’s madness. Pure madness.

And God I love it.

It’s trash, absolutely. But it’s so goddamn entertaining! It’s some of the funniest **** I’ve ever read. If I listed everyone of my favorite moments I’d be here all day, don’t get me started on the Knuckles ****. And who the **** is Flying Frog?? It’s just a riot all the way through.

…Except the parts that are legitimately disturbing. Why Archie allowed a 24 year old Skunk creep on 16 year old Princess Sally, I’ll never know. **** Geoffrey St John.
Once Ian Flynn hopped on board and Almighty God of Destruction Penders left, the comic actually got pretty good. Nothing amazing, but I started to enjoy it unironically. A lot of neat callbacks , characters started acting in character, the romance stuff was passable instead of unbearable (except Bunnie and Antoine that stuffs cute as hell) Locke died. Good stuff. #RipScourge. But then…

The Pendering

I

I love the reboot bros

It might just be my favorite iteration of the Sonic Comic period. Yes, even over IDW. Don’t get me wrong, IDW is great. But it feels a little too…contained. SEGA, understandably, doesn’t want the comic to fly off the handle again. But I think in turn the new comic feels just a smidge too safe. Not enough to dampen my enjoyment, but y’know.

Reboot comic, while riddled with corporate mandates of course, just has something that really clicks with me. The callbacks to the games, the illustrations and fight scenes, no more romantic schlock. the FF have never been as good! The new characters are great! ****in Eggman Simp Chinchilla?

It’s just the most fun I’ve had with any version of the Sonic comic!

Too bad it only lasted a few years…
Not much to say here. Like the cartoon, this comic is pure comedy and it doesn’t give a ****. Which I truly do appreciate.

And that’s that. I had a lot of fun reading through this trash. I’ll probably reread them all one day.

I hope the IDW comic hits it outta the park with these new characters they’re introducing. The Zeti arc didn’t really knock my socks off, but what can you expect? No one likes the Zeti.

If you read all this, get a life.

And thanks!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I just realized: what the **** is BSDP going to do with Regigigas. You need the little ones to catch it in DPP, but you could just transfer them in from RSE and the GBA slot. The equivalent to this is requiring someone pay $110 dollars for Pokemon HOME, SWSH, and the Expansion Pass, which I really hope they don't do.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I just realized: what the **** is BSDP going to do with Regigigas. You need the little ones to catch it in DPP, but you could just transfer them in from RSE and the GBA slot. The equivalent to this is requiring someone pay $110 dollars for Pokemon HOME, SWSH, and the Expansion Pass, which I really hope they don't do.
They had Platinum fights, and if Jirachi is catchable, than it's likely we could see them back.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It’s being overseen by Gamefreak so they are probably going to absolutely do this.

Or it might just be a mystery gift down the line or a “please give GameStop business” gift

Noipoi

Howdy!
We’re unsure how legendaries will be handled in the grand underground. Perhaps they’ll be available, especially because of Regigigas?

…probably not.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
They had Platinum fights, and if Jirachi is catchable, than it's likely we could see them back.
The minor Regis were event only, you couldn't get them without a special Regigigas. Given all the attention they've given to platinum upgrades, I think it's more likely they do something new than refrence it.
He's a DLC boss fight
Considering he's a main selling point to one of the DLCs, it's not soo much a spoiler as it is a "BUY THIS".
Ah. I haven't been paying much attention to SMT5, I thought he was a secret boss or something. Cool.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Alright y'all, still needin' a few more villager suggestions for this Animal Crossing villagers! I need to choose one more male villager, so if y'all have any male villagers ya wanna see voiced, lemme know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom