• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
i think Digimon largely does its own thing, has its own appeal that doesn't try to copy off anything
Pretty much, Digimon pretty much has its own little place that it's built up over the years and plays to that audience to carve its own niche. It does try to get new people into the franchise, such as Appmon and the new Ghost Game anime, but ultimately the older audience is what its focus tends to be on.

I remember a friend streamed an episode of some "newer" Digimon anime awhile back.

It definitely felt like it was a very "For kids" show, what with the bright colors and simple designs.

And then the camera did a close up of Mervamon's regions.
To be fair, Mervamon (and that entire period she was attached to) was horny even by Digimon standards. You had seasons play up other female Digimon, but I don't think the animators went an episode without at least ten shots of Mervamon's... features, and other female Digimon (and even human characters) didn't fare much better that season.

It's kind of funny looking back though as the very next season was far tamer about it and even the TCG calmed down after about a year, so it seems like whatever audience they were trying to catch weren't biting.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
By the way, I just finished what's out of Owl House. The first season was good, but the second season is amazing. Kind of weird that Season 2 has basically zero filler so far, but I'm really loving see the characters develop.
I really enjoyed this season can’t wait to get more bits it’s nice to have amphibia while we have to wait

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So uhhh.....[LEAKS/RUMOURS]:shaker: apparently Netherrealm is gonna do a Warner Bros. Smash clone....or at least a crossover fighter involving Warner Bros characters.

Shaggy, Tom and Jerry, Batman, Fred Flinstone, Johnny Bravo and Gandalf are amoung the fighters

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This could be where we get Ultra Instinct Shaggy vs Mortal Kombat.
According to the original post, the Ultra Instinct Shaggy memes are what led to the creation of this game.
No seriously.
Also with it being a Warner crossover and them having a ton of assets, I think it’s safe to say all bets are off regarding trying to determine who should and shouldn’t be in bar one or two exceptions (and even then the exceptions could go the other way).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So uhhh.....[LEAKS/RUMOURS]:shaker: apparently Netherrealm is gonna do a Warner Bros. Smash clone....or at least a crossover fighter involving Warner Bros characters.

Shaggy, Tom and Jerry, Batman, Fred Flinstone, Johnny Bravo and Gandalf are amoung the fighters
According to Jeff Grubs, the game is not developed by Nether realms but is real.

Get ready for Shaggy to take the entire Clockwork Orange group on at once.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
it’s only been nearly 3 years and a lack of ****s…but…

now that I gave a **** thanks to Sora, I finally went on to get Pit into Elite Smash…and after a 5 day rest and some Young Justice…

…I FINALLY GOT MY PIT INTO ELITE SMASH AND WILL PROBABLY DO THE SAME WITH MY MAIN JOKER LETS GOOOO
6D0AB784-E3E8-4926-A16B-4AD8873A0C18.jpeg

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I get the feeling that, for me, Pokémon games still bring the hype even though I could definitely do with more being added.

I don’t know what it is. I have plenty of nostalgia for Hoenn and Sinnoh, and Unova was a part of my senior year in High School. But what I really love looking back on is X/Y hype while starting at my first job or Sun & Moon time investment during Thanksgiving or Christmas breaks.

I think it’s just the usual Pokémon gameplay that I enjoy, despite still wanting…more.

One thing I’ve accepted, and it’s not as if I feel I’m admitting defeat, is that Pokémon is mainly targeted at kiddos. While I am a kiddo at heart with these things, I do have desires that are like those of somebody waiting for Elder Scrolls 6- I would LOVE long term side quests that result in a legendary battle. Or more things like the Delta Episode of OR/AS.

But that’s why I’m excited to see Arceus moving at least slightly in that sort of direction, even if it’s closer to Monster Hunter which is still a good model in my humble opinion.

That said, having seen some of the discourse in Pokémon communities…I completely understand the issues people have with newer games, and I think those issues are valid given that high expectations SHOULD be involved when talking about things we love. However, where I disagree and kinda back away, slowly, is the overall impact folks think internet complaints have on what the end result is. At the end of the day, people enjoy Pokémon for the base gameplay of it. I am one of those people who is caught in the middle. I’m all for advocating for things, but I think the presentation of arguments from fans online comes across as whining rather than problem solving, which is where the topic is lost on folks, even if I try to listen to what’s being said.

I suspect Arceus is going to be experimental in augmenting Monster Hunter world/environment interaction. But once that gets figured out, my imagination runs wild with what we could see if, say, we had something more traditional Pokémon with the environments of Monster Hunter in between towns and routes.

That’s a recipe for redefining the series. It just might take longer than we’d like.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Speaking of Amphibia, I adored the latest episodes.
I can't believe they dropped a hecking Mosasaur on my boy.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Did anyone share this?

Sonic Rangers sounds really promising is this is all true!

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Surely they wouldn't make the same mistakes again, right?

...Right?

Who am I kidding. This is Sonic Team we're talking about, of course they would.
If Sonic 2022 is bad, then we went through a whole decade straight where all Sonic Team pumped out was ass after ass.

Why am I still a fan of this dog**** franchise 😭😭😭

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I've learned to never take most second-hand accounts of a sonic game at face value. Everyone has different preferences. Especially in this case where we haven't seen the game in action at all.

because I actually thought Forces was pretty decent but everyone acts like it's the spawn of satan for some reason when it's pretty inoffensive.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I've learned to never take most second-hand accounts of a sonic game at face value

because I actually thought Forces was pretty decent but everyone acts like it's the spawn of satan for some reason when it's pretty inoffensive.
Yeah, it is strange. I mean, Forces was not that bad. Not perfect, maybe not the best, but not so bad, in my opinion.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I've learned to never take most second-hand accounts of a sonic game at face value. Everyone has different preferences. Especially in this case where we haven't seen the game in action at all.

The bigger issue with Forces is more in the fact that it was just a breaking point in the fandom. We just got fed up with mediocrity after mediocrity, but even then it's not like the game was not satans ballsack levels of bad... it was just... meh to most.

But I'm glad you got enjoyment out of it

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I believe Forces received (and deserves) its reputation because it released after Mania and basically undid the good will that game created for the series after years of mediocre/abysmal titles.

Not only that, but it was a huge step down in quality from the previous boost games, and that really hurt to see since Generations did such a great job in polishing the formula.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Did anyone aside from that one user actually watch the video I posted, despite it being 15 minutes long?

It doesn't sound as bad as that same one user is making it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom