• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
"I gots this great new meme idea, you're gonna love it."
"Okay, I'm listening, what is it?"
"Okay, so like, Deltarune."
"Yes? What about it?"
"Deltarune, it's like, it's all the rage right now, right?"
"I suppose so. Chapter 2 just dropped."
"So what if, what if.... Ralsei."
"......what about Ralsei?"
"Ralsei..... but.... he's smokin' a blunt."
"......"
"A big, phat blunt."
"....."
"Eh? Eh?"
"That has to be the dumbest idea for a meme I've ever heard. I love it, you're hired."

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just saw on Twitter, but today's the 40th Anniversary of the Urusei Yatsura anime!

Would definitely recommend watching a few episodes if you've never seen it. As old as it is, the manga is from 1978, the humor, manic energy, and pure slapstick still holds up today. I always put on an episode or two or read a few chapters in the manga whenever I'm looking to cheer myself up. The original ending theme: "Uchuu Wa Taihen Da!" is possibly the only song you could get me to uncontrollably sing along to; the lyrics I feel are not only humorous but have some IRL meaning behind them.

The entire series/OVAs with subtitles are basically up on Youtube due to the license having expired in Western territories, with each of the movies being on sites like Crunchyroll. Hopefully someday it'll be reissued on BluRay as the DVD sets are getting pretty expensive.

May outer space forever stay weird! :grin:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Just saw on Twitter, but today's the 40th Anniversary of the Urusei Yatsura anime!

Would definitely recommend watching a few episodes if you've never seen it. As old as it is, the manga is from 1978, the humor, manic energy, and pure slapstick still holds up today. I always put on an episode or two or read a few chapters in the manga whenever I'm looking to cheer myself up. The original ending theme: "Uchuu Wa Taihen Da!" is possibly the only song you could get me to uncontrollably sing along to; the lyrics I feel are not only humorous but have some IRL meaning behind them.

The entire series/OVAs with subtitles are basically up on Youtube due to the license having expired in Western territories, with each of the movies being on sites like Crunchyroll. Hopefully someday it'll be reissued on BluRay as the DVD sets are getting pretty expensive.

May outer space forever stay weird! :grin:
The anime rights might've expired but the manga is actually being released now :yoshi:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"I gots this great new meme idea, you're gonna love it."
"Okay, I'm listening, what is it?"
"Okay, so like, Deltarune."
"Yes? What about it?"
"Deltarune, it's like, it's all the rage right now, right?"
"I suppose so. Chapter 2 just dropped."
"So what if, what if.... Ralsei."
"......what about Ralsei?"
"Ralsei..... but.... he's smokin' a blunt."
"......"
"A big, phat blunt."
"....."
"Eh? Eh?"
"That has to be the dumbest idea for a meme I've ever heard. I love it, you're hired."
Eh, after Ralsgun, I say it's only logical we get got Ralsmoke.

Now for Chapter 3-5...that's another question entirely.

Edit: Also true.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
People actually think Mewtwo is gonna have a regional form in Legends.

What- a hipster Mewtwo? He was here before it was cool? **** off Twitter, you make my head hurt.
You talking about what Centro Leaks posted?

Yeah, it's best to brush them off.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well doing the oral presentation went well but had to be changed to in-person last minute and at another library that took another 10 minutes to get to which was ****ing weird of them. Still it was only four people and the assessor so I tried to brighten the mood and made a redoing of a George Carlin thing to make people laugh.

"Let me get a sip of water here...you figure this stuff is safe to drink? Actually, I don't care, I drink it anyway. You know why? 'Cause I'm an American and I expect a little cancer in my food and water."

to

"Let me get a sip of my Lucozade here...you figure this stuff is safe to drink? Actually, I don't care, I drink it anyway. You know why? 'Cause I'm an idiot and I expect sugar in my drink!"

It went alright. Proud of myself. Now I'm gonna watch Komi.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I'm a bit stressed about cash right now. I had a bit of a depressive spell a while back and made a lot of poor spending decisions that added up. I thought I'd have recovered financially by now but I've been having a hard time shaking a few bad habits apparently not.

It's fine. I just need to make a few small budget cuts here and there and I should have things (mostly) under control within the next few months. Just needed a place to vent. I would have talked to my sister about it but she gets irrationally freaked out over finances and already has a lot on her plate right now.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I'm a bit stressed about cash right now. I had a bit of a depressive spell a while back and made a lot of poor spending decisions that added up. I thought I'd have recovered financially by now but I've been having a hard time shaking a few bad habits apparently not.

It's fine. I just need to make a few small budget cuts here and there and I should have things (mostly) under control within the next few months. Just needed a place to vent. I would have talked to my sister about it but she gets irrationally freaked out over finances and already has a lot on her plate right now.
No worry about the vent, like you say, it's good to talk sometime about your personal problems. It allow you to move on & have more focus on what come next.

Hope it get better for you, pal.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Heh, apparently Anaconda (1997) was released on my birthday April 11th.

Talk about a coincidence being a sucker for killer creature films.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Fun fact: Anaconda (1997) was the reason when I was younger I used to actually believe green anacondas got as big as the movie depicted as well as the only predator to jaguars. Now I know with the latter it was actually the other way around. xD

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another fun fact about me. When I was younger I apparently thought Europe and Asia were exactly still like what they were in medieval times.

I was strange as a kid I know...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Then: What a wonderful timeline to continue living in. I guarantee that absolutely no meming psychopath will be trying to kill me today

Now:
Fun facts about me:

I have been watching you for years.

I am outside of your house.

I have a knife.
oh ****
C78D18A1-95E5-4D84-93CE-EB8A1BC592EA.jpeg

osby

Smash Obsessed
Another fun fact about me. When I was younger I apparently thought Europe and Asia were exactly still like what they were in medieval times.

I was strange as a kid I know...
:114:

How young we're talking about?

Fun facts about me:

I have been watching you for years.

I am outside of your house.

I have a knife.
Good luck getting past the fat cats guarding the castle.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Fun fact:

This isn't a fun fact. This is a comment.

Comment (noun) - A written note intended as an explanation, illustration, or criticism of a passage in a book or other writing; an annotation.

Or

A statement of fact or opinion, especially a remark that expresses a personal reaction or attitude.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, I saw No Time To Die yesterday.

I liked it! It was sad though with what happened with Bond at the end.

By the way, do you guys think movies are getting predictable?

Also, it is snowing where I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom