• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I mean...All originality has been pretty much used up yes given Sonic the Hedgehog notably ripped off Howard the Duck's plot.

Also the MCU and Disney animated films in a nutshell.
Eh.

I'd say stories need to be longer than film length to be more original these days but that's me.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Take this from someone who despite loving the MonsterVerse films admits Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Godzilla vs. Kong came across as predictable. The latter I knew from the start they were gonna pull off a team-up because to the audience, they're the heroes in their eyes and didn't want either to kill one another. Plus they obviously wanted to cash in on that Batman and Superman type team-up as Batman vs. Superman did.

The fact too they attempted humor that came off poor at times trying to take a page from the MCU.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If you know, you know.
such a Booyakashame that your parents are dead Samus…but at least you get to be a badass
I've been
ur mom lol
A208FE1A-B61D-4600-BCFF-1DEC5E647046.gif

I mean...All originality has been pretty much used up yes.

Also the MCU in a nutshell.
literally starts looking at WandaVision, Shang-Chi, and Eternals

while demanding to watch Spider-Man: No Way Home

I'd say stories need to be longer than film length to be more original these days but that's me.
wouldn’t that be what shows are for?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean...All originality has been pretty much used up yes given Sonic the Hedgehog notably ripped off Howard the Duck's plot.

Also the MCU and Disney animated films in a nutshell.
Um, I kinda meant more on what was happening in the movie itself, in the scenes. I meant as in what happens next in the film in terms of being predictable.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
literally starts looking at WandaVision, Shang-Chi, and Eternals

while demanding to watch Spider-Man: No Way Home

wouldn’t that be what shows are for?
WandaVision: It's a Good Life and Twilight Zone.

Shang-Chi: Plenty of karate films ones especially that were based on comics despite Shang-Chi's claim of first karate film based on a comic. "B-but its a karate superhero film!" So what? Still a karate film.

Eternals: Before there was Eternals, there was Outlander. The whole concept of ancient astronauts.

Spider-Man: No Way Home: Using nostalgia to take advantage of audiences by bringing in previous Spider-Man characters from those films. Notice how there's been a nostalgia trend lately suddenly bringing back old franchises and Bill & Ted, Coming to America, classic Slasher films, etc. because it's obvious Hollywood is desperate for money and are too lazy to come up with more original ideas.

I swear Hollywood and cinema for the most part aren't even trying anymore...Movies just aren't as they used to be back then.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Shang-Chi: Plenty of karate films ones especially that were based on comics despite Shang-Chi's claim of first karate film based on a comic. "B-but its a karate superhero film!" So what? Still a karate film.
But Shang-Chi isn't a karate movie? The movie is centered around Chinese martial arts.

Even then, it stops being a typical Hong Kong action movie halfway through and goes in a completely different direction.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Move on we shall then in this case?
But Shang-Chi isn't a karate movie? The movie is centered around Chinese martial arts.

Even then, it stops being a typical Hong Kong action movie halfway through and goes in a completely different direction.
You realize karate is a form of martial arts right and also originated in China.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

I more like clever twists on stuff like races, character relationships or world design than plot. It's great but the other stuff I mentioned is more fun to think about.
And even better when it's not as clear cut and gonna use character relationships as an example. Tagging Wademan94 Wademan94 cause it's my two leads. My two leads in my main story have a very complicated relationship. A character even asks them what the two's relationship are in the story.

-They aren't a couple per say (cause one's SO is the character who they are trying to find) but they trust each other very deeply.

-My female is like the family's guardian but far, far closer than a bodyguard or teacher to the male.

-Female is part of a race that lives for thousands of years while my male is human. She was like an older sister but became pretty teasing and playful and tactile.

-Male was taught by her but not like a master and student cause swordstyles are different based on races.

-Female is one of the two people in the world (along with the goal character) who can get right to the heart of him easily as due to story events became cold.

And there's like 10 more points but I love thinking about that more than the plot itself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh right, the Zarude codes have been sent out by now. Now time for it to rot in the box.

Didn't even know they came with a shiny Celebi as well, so that was neat a surprise, I suppose.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Movies have always been predictable.
Some movies are predictable and that's OK. We all have stories we like to listen to over and over again and it's no wonder content creators appeal to them by making safe blockbusters that most viewers can enjoy as a distraction.

There are unique and novel movies around, you just need to look for them because they're usually not the type of films that have big marketing money on their side.

Dutch Raikuna

Some movies are predictable and that's OK. We all have stories we like to listen to over and over again and it's no wonder content creators appeal to them by making safe blockbusters that most viewers can enjoy as a distraction.

There are unique and novel movies around, you just need to look for them because they're usually not the type of films that have big marketing money on their side.
And where I intend to follow is by having unique set-ups. Something I'm proud of thinking.

A premise of a writer creating a harmless novel that leads to the first world war centuries later in a paradisal planet is one. God I love it.

It's just creating it cohesive enough is my issue.

If there are mermaids where are the merbutlers?
Cause they are fillet-o-fish!

Fillet-o-fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom