• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Depends on whether or not you're talking about when you're forced to play it as 9-Volt himself.
Honestly, it’s fun for me no matter who I play, whether or not a character can fly. It’s really thrilling to run through as Kat, since you need pitch perfect timing for every jump. Makes me want a feature like this in Mario Maker 3.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Up tilt and up smash for Spiritomb, Up aerial and forward aerial for Milotic, and side taunts for both and Garchomp. Also trying to figure out 9 victories for all of them
Spiritomb up tilt: It summons a ball of energy above it and swings it’s head from left to right, with the energy ball following.

Spiritomb up smash: It retreats into the odd keystone, flips upside down, and pops back out. Thrusting the odd keystone upwards.

Milotic up aerial: Milotic spins, swatting anyone above it with its tail.

Milotic forward aerial: Milotic twirls, slapping anyone in front of it with its tail.

Taunts:
Spiritomb retreats into the odd keystone, which violently shakes for a moment, before it pops back out.

Milotic fans itself with its tail in a haughty manner.

Garchomp slashes it’s claws in an X formation.

I’ll come up with victory screens later :nifty:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Shroob Shroob

my man

I gotta ask an honest question

How dangerous is being on the internet gonna be tomorrow for the reveal Tuesday morning

'cause Tehponycorn's got me nervous about Imran or Jeff Grubb trying to spill the beans :138:
I mean, we haven't had a legitimate leak since Steve, and he only leaked like 30 minutes before his presentation.

I'd be very surprised if there was a giga-leak.
Honestly I’m going to be surprised if leakers actually know the character and/or they spoil it. I could see them avoiding it due to it being the last character and if it’s not a crowd pleaser then the leakers probably don’t want the salt and hate they would get.

Also it could be a champions and master chief scenario where they are flat out wrong.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly I’m going to be surprised if leakers actually know the character and/or they spoil it. I could see them avoiding it due to it being the last character and if it’s not a crowd pleaser then the leakers probably don’t want the salt and hate they would get.

Also it could be a champions and master chief scenario where they are flat out wrong.
I mean, Verg still leaked Byleth even though Byleth wasn't a "Crowd pleaser", it was just like, literally 5 mins before the Direct.

It'll leak if people get their hands on the info, otherwise, it'll remain hidden.

Reactions: Z25

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Finished my moveset for Cynthia outside of victory animations:

So aside from victory animations, think I have Cynthia's Pokémon movesets figured out:

Entrance: Her first Pokémon is sent out
Down Special: Pokémon Change
Final Smash: All-Out Attack (includes Togekiss and Lucario) A cinematic Final Smash Her entire team from Platinum come out to attack

Neutral Attack: Strikes forward with both her claws before bringing down her arm fins
Dash Attack: Leaps forward and bites down
Forward Tilt: Steps forward and performs a headbutt
Down Tilt: Spins around and strikes with her tail
Up Tilt: Claws at the air above her

Side Smash: Slashes forward with her claws twice resembling Dual Chop
Down Smash: Similar to Charizard, it jumps up and stomps on the ground creating a small earthquake hitting from both sides
Up Smash: Jumps into the air and somersaults

Neutral Aerial: Somersaults with her back fin damaging opponents
Forward Aerial: Her arm fin glows and she slashes with it
Back Aerial: Backhands with her fin and spins back around
Up Aerial: Backflips and attacks with her tail
Down Aerial: Dives forward at a diagonal angle

Grab: Traps them with Sand Tomb
Pummel: Chomps the opponent
Forward Throw:Buries and drags the opponent through the ground before throwing them out
Back Throw: Puts them on the ground behind her and stomps on them
Down Throw: Throws opponent to the ground and uses fins to dig at them, hits 3 times
Up throw: Grabs them with her mouth and tosses them upwards

Neutral Special: Brick Break, A shield breaking move. Garchomp’s fin glows and she slashes forward with it

Side Special: Dragon Rush, uses Charizard’s custom move of the same name, Garchomp dashes at the opponent while spinning and will carry the opponent while damaging them on contact.

Up Special: Giga Impact, flies up and dives down at a diagonal angle, landing with an explosive force

Taunts
Up: Stomps the ground and roars
Side: Crouches and extends her arms as if she were about to fly off
Down: Dives into the ground and circles around with her fin popping out

Idle Animations
-Inhales and pretends to roar
-Puts her fins out taking an aggressive stance
Neutral Attack: Couple tail strikes and sprays the ground as a rapid jab
Dash Attack: Hops into the air and dives in a corkscrew spin forward
Forward Tilt: Performs a headbutt
Down Tilt: Spins around as she strikes with her tail
Up Tilt: Backflips and strikes with her tail

Side Smash: Crouches and headbutts forward, greatly throwing her head back
Down Smash: Spins in a ring on the floor doing water damage
Up Smash: Dives into a water pool she forms on the ground and shoots out with great force

Neutral Aerial: Forms a water ring around her and bursts it
Forward Aerial: Spins around and swats with her tail
Back Aerial: Swings her tail upwards
Up Aerial: Sprays a small fountain of water upwards
Down Aerial: Uses Dragon Tail to knock away her opponent, potential spike

Grab: Coils around her opponent
Pummel: Shoots water out of her mouth
Forward Throw: Shoots Dragon Pulse out of her mouth
Back Throw: Squeezes them and launches them behind her
Down Throw: Backflips and throws them on the ground
Up throw: Squeezes them until they pop out straight up

Neutral Special: Mirror Coat, a counter that does average damage, Doubles the damage and knockback when hit by a damage dealing special move

Side Special: Ice Beam, shoots out a concentrated stream as a projectile, has a chance of freezing the opponent

Up Special: Surf, a wave appears under Milotic as she rides on it at a diagonal angle,

Taunts
Up: Dances while summoning water rings around her
Side: leans back with her hair fins blowing in the breeze
Down: Strikes her Diamond/Pearl pose

Idle Animations
-Shakes her head shaking off excess water
-Looks behind her and checks her back
Neutral Attack: Summons purple fireballs to act as fists that rapidly jab
Dash Attack: Throws her Keystone forward in a dropkick-like manner
Forward Tilt: Leans forward and bites
Down Tilt: Spits a small flame on the ground
Up Tilt: Creates a small Shadow Ball above her head and throws it in an arc like a headbutt

Side Smash: Retreats into her keystone and pops back out with a scary face
Down Smash: Stomps the ground and sends out a wave of dark energy that hits both sides (resembles Dark Pulse)
Up Smash: Retreats into her keystone, flips over and pops back out, launching the keystone upwards

Neutral Aerial: The green orbs spread out and swirl around causing damage
Forward Aerial: Swings her keystone in upwards in front of herself
Back Aerial: Spiritomb thrusts her keystone behind her
Up Aerial: Tilts up and spins her spirit face like a propeller
Down Aerial: Retreats into her keystone and plummets straight down, can bury

Grab: Uses Psychic to grab opponents, opponents are surrounded by a purple aura
Pummel: Uses a psychic pulse
Forward Throw: Bounces opponent off ground in front of them,
Back Throw: Slams the opponent behind them in a German suplex maneuver
Down Throw: Throws opponent beneath her and stomps on them with her Keystone
Up throw: burns them with a blast of fire

Neutral Special: Will-O-Wisp-A chargeable move that puts up to three purple fireballs above her head and throws them forward

Side Special: Sucker Punch-a low-damage backward hit pulls opponents in and traps them in taking a stronger, high-damaging hit

Up Special: Ominous Wind-Spiritomb gets carried up by a whirlwind

Taunts
Up: Summons a ring of fireballs to dance around her
Side: Pulls off the Nasty Plot animation
Down: Chuckles mischievously

Idle Animations
-Looks side to side suspiciously
-Spins its fog face while silently screaming

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah I don’t think it’s a Pokémon:

Sakurai has been hyping the hell out of this, more than anything else.

His phrasing here implies the character is someone big to gaming that even casual people could enjoy due to their legacy.

Japanese tweet also mentions how we may or may not know this character but not any other versions.

That part could mean nothing, but perhaps this is a big Western Rep who has a strong legacy behind them.

Or just a strong character in general for legacy.

Which I’m just saying, Sora, Master Chief, Doom etc, kinda of all fit that bill.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

His phrasing here implies the character is someone big to gaming that even casual people could enjoy due to their legacy.

Japanese tweet also mentions how we may or may not know this character but not any other versions.

That part could mean nothing, but perhaps this is a big Western Rep who has a strong legacy behind them.

Which I’m just saying, Sora, Master Chief, Doom etc, kinda of all fit that bill.
Man it’s gonna be really hard for me working during the presentation. I think I can time my lunch break to catch the first half hour of it. Any more then that I do not know.

Shroob

Sup?

If the character isn't super well-known in Japan, that'd be a huge knock against Sora or Crash, just saying.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So who're you maining in NASB? I'm maining Leonardo but I think I'll try out Aang too. I'm probably gonna wait a while to play the game. Let it iron out some of the kinks, so to speak. But it does have potential at least.

Aside from that, when the new Smash character drops, I'll try to get the Season Pass finally, but I still might wait a bit.

Outside of game stuff, there's some personal project stuff I'm working on, that I hope will go well for me.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So who're you maining in NASB? I'm maining Leonardo but I think I'll try out Aang too. I'm probably gonna wait a while to play the game. Let it iron out some of the kinks, so to speak. But it does have potential at least.

Aside from that, when the new Smash character drops, I'll try to get the Season Pass finally, but I still might wait a bit.

Outside of game stuff, there's some personal project stuff I'm working on, that I hope will go well for me.
Defo maining Toph

Noipoi

Howdy!

I got Toph. Might pick up Zim too. Y’know. Assuming the game is good and I buy it.

And good luck on that project!

Now I gotta get to sleep. It’s the last day of smash speculation Bros. Let’s enjoy it!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I got Toph. Might pick up Zim too. Y’know. Assuming the game is good and I buy it.

And good luck on that project!

Now I gotta get to sleep. It’s the last day of smash speculation Bros. Let’s enjoy it!
Thanks man! I'm hoping so too. I'm getting better and better at it, bit by bit.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Maybe it's just me, but I don't really see him implying anything here. Sounds more like a general sort of "hey y'all, check out what we've been working on!" to me.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Or those that know/have known for a while and just don't say anything.

I can assure you the 10 or so minutes of clout aren't always worth pointing out "Oh I know but I'll let you all find out for the fun of it," much less risk sharing information that will definitely get someone fired for little other than the fleeting satisfaction of random Internet message boards.

It's the last time, so I'm sure someone will eventually find a way to say **** it/ruin everything sooner than later.

Reactions: Z25

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If the character isn't super well-known in Japan, that'd be a huge knock against Sora or Crash, just saying.
On the flip side, his comment about people not knowing their "other versions" kind of supports the idea of Crash, since his western and Japanese designs are different.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
With Smash Ultimate's DLC coming to an end this Tuesday (presumably - maybe they could release some random stages or Mii costumes afterwards, but I doubt it), what are some games or series that you got into thanks to this period of Smash speculation or reveals?
- Dragon Quest: When the Hero was unveiled at E3 two years ago, I went and purchased Dragon Quest VIII on the 3DS that made me wonder why did I not purchase this when it was on the Playstation 2.

- Xenoblade: This was during a time when the speculated ESRB leak surfaced for the 3DS/Wii versions. I went and bought a second hand copy of the game for the Wii and it certainly is one of the fun RPG games I had played on the console.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
With Smash Ultimate's DLC coming to an end this Tuesday (presumably - maybe they could release some random stages or Mii costumes afterwards, but I doubt it), what are some games or series that you got into thanks to this period of Smash speculation or reveals?
I did get into Final Fantasy VII thanks to Sephiroth's inclusion, but that's pretty much it, sadly enough...

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Persona and Dragon Quest.

Both are among my favorite series now BTW.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Gonna take a break from this site and wait for the Sakurai Presents direct soon on 6th.

(As well playing Nick All Star Brawl which I'm gonna buy tomorrow to pass the time)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Gonna take a break from this site and wait for the Sakurai Presents direct soon on 6th.

(As well playing Nick All Star Brawl which I'm gonna buy tomorrow to pass the time)

FumbLynn here, a really good Slap City player, is going to be streaming NASB a day early! She's also going to be squaring off against top Smash players at the official invitational the day after! Give 'em a watch.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom