• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhearts

Smash Cadet
The Melty Blood netcode is very nice, even across seas with my bestie in Finland. A 20 year hiatus from this series. LOL. I think during matches, I shouldn't be lost in deep thought, because I tend to analysis things in the sessions in this genre especially. However, I've managed in my first session in 20 years. LOL. It was nice practice, evaluating in the groove.

D

Deleted member

There's a few reasons why I'm staying here or least bridging the divide between here and my Discord server.

1. I like the forum system, easier to make lengthy posts but Discord is more widely used.

2. Not as keen on Discord users like osby osby and Noipoi Noipoi and of course Lamperouge Lamperouge is on here. I'm really working out a way to make a Discord server easier for you guys to use currently. Plus I think a few like JD would like that to talk to a few people outside of here.

3. Said it before but would hope to be friends with some of you guys for ages to come after. Smash isn't the end of friendships but the beginning sort of thing and still talking like a year on after. Cringe? Yes but I'm being very honest.

4. Half of us are practically creative artists in some form like you Metal Shop X Metal Shop X so I really want to keep seeing it. Some of you guys are really talented.

And a few more reasons..............that will come to mind.
I would be thinking about all these things if, you know (Trigger warning for family violence)my father didn't try to literally leave me without legs while choking me yesterday over "being an useless and worthless lazy ass" in his eyes.

So yeah.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Random nitpick: With so much magic and **** in DC and Marvel, you'd honestly think disease especially cancer would be a thing in the past. What gives?

Especially Injustice where Gordon dies of cancer despite magical beings like Zatanna, Doctor Fate, and such involved in those comics.
I assume that it's because they don't want to risk trivializing the struggles that people who actually have cancer go through. It's presumably the same sort of reason why Barbara Gordon was in a wheelchair from the release of the Killing Joke to 2011 (when the universe was rebooted), or why 9/11 still happened in the Marvel universe.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I had a dream that the final fighter was a character from a Shovelware game that was published by Nintendo of Europe.

It was a Coconut with Bowling ball fingerholes attached to a small and short body (all that looked like ****ty clipart), and his name was like Nico or something. He had a straw had as well.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Still not sure if I'm quite talented as other folks, but I really appreciate the compliment, pal.

Once Speculation is truly ded, I really hope alot of old folks still come by here and there. Yeah, it's a Smash Bros forum and all, but I think we managed to form a mini-community of sort in this thread, and I think it be a shame to just "stop" it when we dont even talk about Smash that much here.
This. It's just for me this one of the few lanes where I get social interaction and I really want it to continue for a long time after. I can be really blunt and honest about but I think it will fall on deaf ears.
I've said this to another community I'm on (indirectly) but I want this to continue for another year at least. I know there is a lot of us who want to be friends with each other for a long time to come and it just feels like a key part of it will fall, the rest will.

And as mentioned to osby osby I would really make sure those who aren't as comfortable with Discord to make it as easy and accessible for them so if this does trickle to a halt then some other place like there would be great.
Lamperouge Lamperouge knows for example I'm trying on the server I've created to make it easy to get around. (sorry for tagging you both but just trying.)

Sorry for the length but it is something I really care about.

I would be thinking about all these things if, you know (Trigger warning for family violence)my father didn't try to literally leave me without legs while choking me yesterday over "being an useless and worthless lazy ass" in his eyes.

So yeah.
Edited.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
In the dream before that, I had one that was the Pheonix Wright Smash trailer, except that it was not a confirmation trailer, it was a deconfirmation trailer where Pheonix died and Bowser and Ganondord had to revive him by electrocition like some twisted version of Meet the Medic, but they failed and they made it clear Pheonix Wright wasn't joining the game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
In the dream before that, I had one that was the Pheonix Wright Smash trailer, except that it was not a confirmation trailer, it was a deconfirmation trailer where Pheonix died and Bowser and Ganondord had to revive him by electrocition like some twisted version of Meet the Medic, but they failed and they made it clear Pheonix Wright wasn't joining the game.
The miracle never happen.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Random nitpick: With so much magic and **** in DC and Marvel, you'd honestly think disease especially cancer would be a thing in the past. What gives?

Especially Injustice where Gordon dies of cancer despite magical beings like Zatanna, Doctor Fate, and such involved in those comics.
as the dino villain once said…they don’t want to cure cancer they want to do evil things that make them happy

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
MatPat wouldn’t be so bad as a Jeopardy host tbh…

…also @Jotadé I must say that your dad sucks and does not deserve love until he get his **** together. How he got away with what you said…I got no clue at all

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have plans for that...
If you can, you may want to start looking into part-time jobs and cheap housing opportunities.

It really sucks that your parents are not supportive and you shouldn't have to be doing this but the sooner you get some sort of financial independence from them, the better you can set some boundaries between yourself and them.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Having stomach problem ****ing suck.

I will say though, the fact I managed to lose some weight is quite nice.

Nothing drastic I say atm, but it at least make whatever problems my body has sting less, kinda.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
@Jotadé
If you can, you may want to start looking into part-time jobs and cheap housing opportunities.

It really sucks that your parents are not supportive and you shouldn't have to be doing this but the sooner you get some sort of financial independence from them, the better you can set some boundaries between yourself and them.
Even if you can't quite afford a place, ask a friend if you can stay at their place until you find a better living, find a shelter for abuse victims or homeless, seeing as you're 19, I think you can do stuff like that without parental consent legally.

Please, just get outta there, for your own safety.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Tell me your secrets
1) Eat less between lunch/dinner, drink lots of water instead
2) Eat more vegetable/fruit, healthy stuff in general
3) Do VERY but somewhat not LONG walk in the plains. (bonus point if it's one that go up at one point) Homebike can be good too if you can do it reguarly.

That's pretty much what I been doing atm.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hello, resident health nut (not really) here, and you wanna lose weight? Do it smart. Here's some simple tricks that can cut tns of weight:
  1. Drink water instead of sugary substances. They bog down your body A LOT, and make you feel like trash.
  2. It's not the amount if calories that matter, it's where you get them. You can get the same amount of calories eating a cake as you can eating a steak. Doesn't mean that they're on equal playing field. Monitor what you eat, and how much of it, not your caloric intake.
  3. Just because it sounds healthier =/= is healthier. Diet Sodas, supposed diets like Keto, products promoted as Vegan can all sound healthy, but truth is, they may be even worse for your body. Some of them omit or restrict nutrients that your body needs, and others substitute them for even worse substances. Do research
  4. Excersise is important. I, for example, go averaging 7-8 mile runs on a daily basis. But you don't need to do that. Take a walk around the pond, explore nature, play a pick up/outdoors game with your friends, Pokemon Go while your at it, make outside fun. Or of course go to the gym. Make sure to bring headphones because they tend to play the worst music you will hear in your life. Trust me, nobody's really that judgemental at the gym, everyone's there to better themselves, whether that be losing weight or getting swole.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Man, I try to be healthy but I'm too addicted to sugar to ever come close.
Also I played Ring Fit a few days ago and it was good exercise, but I think I did something wrong 'cause my body's been a wreck ever since.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
There’s no way I could cut sugar, because I have a problem.

But I suppose I could stand to eat less of it.
You gotta take those things one step at time.

After all, it's hard to kick out habit, good or bad, especially quickly.

That and it has to feel natural, sooo don't stress yourself over it if you intent the long game. Every small step is still one step closer to victory after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom