• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For my avatar, I have a Halloween one that I use every year planned but how soon I use it depends if the final fighter sparks my interest

For my signature, it's highly dated and will be a rotting corpse in less than in a week. I'm in desperate need of updating it.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Ngl, if i'm being real here for a second, (Sorry, serious stuff again) seeing the sort of **** some of you guys have to deal with in your IRL life make me feel....idk, guilty you could say?

Like while my life isn't all shine & rainbow by any means, trust me on that, but it's hard to look at other peoples misfortune and not feel like that maybe, just maybe, that I haven't done enough to "earn" having a more or less stable life.

Of course, part of me know that this kind of logic is very toxic for one mind in the long term, even if I sometime said dumb **** without thinking, I can't help but care to a extent, you know?

Brief, all to say is, I hope JD is doing alright, I know what's happening on their side, and they really don't deserve any of it.
Honestly, as a straight white (probably) guy with a loving family and a stable home & financial state, I feel that.

Like yeah I deal with depression and **** but I'm much better off than some other people I see on the internet. I also often feel bad for being wrapped up in my own head and not paying attention to the world around me.

Sorry if this comes off as self-pity. I hope JD gets everything sorted out

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ngl, if i'm being real here for a second, (Sorry, serious stuff again) seeing the sort of **** some of you guys have to deal with in your IRL life make me feel....idk, guilty you could say?

Like while my life isn't all shine & rainbow by any means, trust me on that, but it's hard to look at other peoples misfortune and not feel like that maybe, just maybe, that I haven't done enough to "earn" having a more or less stable life.

Of course, part of me know that this kind of logic is very toxic for one mind in the long term, even if I sometime said dumb **** without thinking, I can't help but care to a extent, you know?

Brief, all to say is, I hope JD is doing alright, I know what's happening on their side, and they really don't deserve any of it.
Dude don’t even worry about it. I’m happy you’re doing alright.

Not to make it all about me, but the **** I’ve been through I wouldn’t wish on anyone. And I’m happy you’ve never had to experience something like it. I think JD would agree.

The fact that you feel bad about it means you have empathy. And that’s good. Not a lot of people do.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly, as a straight white (probably) guy with a loving family and a stable home & financial state, I feel that.

Like yeah I deal with depression and **** but I'm much better off than some other people I see on the internet. I also often feel bad for being wrapped up in my own head and not paying attention to the world around me.

Sorry if this comes off as self-pity. I hope JD gets everything sorted out
I can't judge ya when what I said could probably count as self-pity too lol.

And yeah, I myself had depression in the past, and the thing is, while it can go away for a while, it never is truly gone in a sense, and so you gotta prepare yourself when it come back.

I try to help out when I can, but I realize that I can't really help anyone if I end up a wreck of a human being in the process. hence why you don't see sometime talk about serious stuff.

Still, at the end of the day, "happiness" isn't something anyone should think they have to "deserve" it or else you should only feel liek trash. We're already our own worst enemies in many way, and the world can more or less create even more problems than some might be able to handle on their own. We're humans, happiness, alongside many other emotions, is needed to keep us moving forward.

And with that said, I hope you, JD & anyone who face serious **** in their life can one day feel at peace with themselves.

EDIT: Seen your post, thanks alot Noi.

You're a true homie.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
D

Deleted member

I don't care if it's gacha anymore, this is the best-looking YGO game ever made. I mean it doesn't take much to outdo whats already there but seeing Konami actually try on the visuals is making me interested.
I really hope this will get more people into Yugioh, because Yugioh has been behind the times for awhile now. Both Vanguard and Digimon are slowly starting to take space in the market that Yugioh originally dominated. Especially Digimon, I haven't seen a startup card game get as much love as Digimon has, and for a game that's only a year old, it's been doing really well in the states, although it had a bit of a weak start.

Also, they're adding a story mode, not for the anime, but for the lore of the cards(primarily Duel Terminal and World Legacy)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Long post incoming.

Head I've been dealt dude, can't do much about it except let the river flow it's course sometimes.

I just take the bad with the good. Grown up with abusive parents who were really stupid, having to move home from home for a few years, bullied at school and not understanding relationships until 17, making poor life decisions, getting anemic and almost dying, living in a family where it's be owned or get disowned, abusive brothers, anxious a lot, still get bad flashbacks from my dog dying, broken teeth and limited diet etc.

However at 24 and while a number of steps from where I want to be I've people I can count on across places online and offline from friends to my parent to my organisation officer. I live in a country that is out of a violent civil conflict and part of a generation where I can go to places growing up with people from other communities and countries and feeling safe.

I've hobbies that are fun like gaming, cycling and writing that I can push myself higher and higher on.

More importantly dude, while I hate my life a lot of the time, I've willpower to make my two dreams come true no matter what.
1. Get a novel published.
2. Get from my home in Ireland to Japan on a moped. I'm serious.
I refuse to leave this life until I have achieved both no matter what. That's what keeps me going at the end.

I can relate to how you feel of not having done enough to achieve a stable life, my best friend IRL feels that the same way as you. As long as I got the goal and a few people I can count and support that's what comes down to the end of it. Hand I've been dealt.

To go to my favourite quote from my favourite anime that sums it up for me in a way: I'll explain why one day about this quote.

kino-quotes-kinos-journey-8onnonononono.jpg

I've talked your ear off Doc but that's what came to me, even though I'm worried about JD at the minute.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Tuned in to the latest episode of What If.....?

Wow, what a way to break the boundaries as Infinite Ultron could see the Watcher. But seeing Clint sacrificing himself is almost similar to how Nat gave up her life in Endgame.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how the last two episodes will stack up considering that the Watcher and the alternative Dr. Strange will have to team up.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, I admit defeat.

You won there.
Long post incoming.

Head I've been dealt dude, can't do much about it except let the river flow it's course sometimes.

I just take the bad with the good. Grown up with abusive parents who were really stupid, having to move home from home for a few years, bullied at school and not understanding relationships until 17, making poor life decisions, getting anemic and almost dying, living in a family where it's be owned or get disowned, abusive brothers, anxious a lot, still get bad flashbacks from my dog dying, broken teeth and limited diet etc.

However at 24 and while a number of steps from where I want to be I've people I can count on across places online and offline from friends to my parent to my organisation officer. I live in a country that is fresh out of right out of a violent civil conflict and part of a generation where I can go to places growing up with people from other communities and countries and feeling safe.

I've hobbies that are fun like gaming, cycling and writing that I can push myself higher and higher on.

More importantly dude, while I hate my life a lot of the time, I've willpower to make my two dreams come true no matter what.
1. Get a novel published.
2. Get from my home in Ireland to Japan on a moped. I'm serious.
I refuse to leave this life until I have achieved both no matter what. That's what keeps me going at the end.

I can relate to how you feel of not having done enough to achieve a stable life, my best friend IRL feels that the same way as you. As long as I got the goal and a few people I can count and support that what comes down to the end of it. Hand I've been dealt.

To go to my favourite quote from my favourite anime that sums it up for me in a way: I'll explain why one day about this quote.

View attachment 332222

I've talked your ear off Doc but that's what came to me, even though I'm worried about JD at the minute.
Jeez, and I think I have it bad sometime.

Still, I admire the fact you're still going forward & trying to achieve your dreams. I don't talk alot with ya - mostly because I...don't know what to say sometime? If that make sense??? - but I always respect peoples who been dealt a bad deal at life and yet can still keep their heads on their shoulder & do the right thing.

I myself try to do that, buuuut, in my mind at least, I feel that I have failed some peoples on quite a few occassion, and some of those mistakes still haunt me to this day. Whatever good I do to one person, I know it won't fully make up to another one, and sadly, sometime you gotta live with that fact.

Though, one important thing to always remember is that we're all humans, and humans are flawed being by design. That doesn't excuse all of our problems, but as long you can have empathy for others, a goal, peoples that care about you, and a few other good stuff, sometime, it's very possible to get over those flaws and do amazing things nobody - not even you- thought could be possible.

All that said, whatever is happening on JD side, if he come back, we gotta make sure to show that we care & that he can count on us in those hard times.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
He was attacked by his dad, so he’s running away from home.

I don’t blame him for wanting to get outta there, but I hope he’s got somewhere to go. And backup plans. It’s dangerous out there.

Good ****ing gosh. I hope he'll be alright.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also, they're adding a story mode, not for the anime, but for the lore of the cards(primarily Duel Terminal and World Legacy)
Ah, now I can see Worms be trash in HD. Every arc until Shaddoll finna be a ****ing breeze lol

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
despite all the hell and pain that people go through playing Bayonetta on normal difficulty or higher…it’s always worth it all to hear “Let’s Dance Boys” and enjoy Bayo’s nearly perfect Sega dancing

D

Deleted member

Ah, now I can see Worms be trash in HD. Every arc until Shaddoll finna be a ****ing breeze lol
From what I can tell, the only options right now are Qliphorts, Gem-Knights, and World Legacy(going from the Tokyo Game Show footage)

Likely each Duel Terminal archetype will get it’s own story mode, with more self-contained stories like Due Terminal getting cutscenes instead.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
From what I can tell, the only options right now are Qliphorts, Gem-Knights, and World Legacy(going from the Tokyo Game Show footage)

Likely each Duel Terminal archetype will get it’s own story mode, with more self-contained stories like Due Terminal getting cutscenes instead.
So like, will it be like LoTD where we have lore battles using lore decks, like using Ally of Justice against Worms or like, idk, Naturia against Steelswarm?

What deck do you think would be the absolute worse to fight against? I'm talking about something like the fight against the guy who had multiple copies of Exodia in his deck and could unironically Turn 1 Exodia win.

D

Deleted member

So like, will it be like LoTD where we have lore battles using lore decks, like using Ally of Justice against Worms or like, idk, Naturia against Steelswarm?

What deck do you think would be the absolute worse to fight against? I'm talking about something like the fight against the guy who had multiple copies of Exodia in his deck and could unironically Turn 1 Exodia win.
I guess? I watched all of the footage but I don’t know enough JP to translate at all.

What I do know is World Legacy is for sure getting cutscenes explaining what each card art shows, while the others may or may not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom