• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The point is to get responses. and yes i did just copypasted it and then edited my post. would you please answer?
The reason I didn't respond wasn't because I didn't see your post, it's because I don't care. Posting it again isn't going to change that.

Also you might want to look elsewhere since this thread is basically the Smash getaway zone.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
The reason I didn't respond wasn't because I didn't see your post, it's because I don't care. Posting it again isn't going to change that.

Also you might want to look elsewhere since this thread is basically the Smash getaway zone.
It is about growing the COMMUNITY, not the game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Do you think this will help significantly grow the Smash fan-base? / player-base?

1 Nintendo is trying to grow an official Smash Ultimate competitive scene and therefore likely their client base

1.1 Nintendo announced a partnership with PlayVS to bring ( SSBU / Splatoon 2 ) e-sports leagues to 3,000 High schools
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2021/nintendo-partners-with-playvs-to-bring-competitive-fun-to-high-school-varsity-athletics/

1.2 Nintendo will most likely in 2022 announce another partnership with PlayVS to bring SSBU e-sports leagues to Colleges
https://www.ginx.tv/en/smash-ultimate/nintendo-forces-playvs-to-drop-smash-ultimate-collegiate-league

1.3 Super Smash Bros Ultimate frequently draws high volumes of students and is the National Esports Association’s recommended event for gauging student interest in collegiate e-sports. https://www.nea.gg/collegiate-smash-series
You'll probably get more engagement out of this post in a competitive thread.

The majority of this thread plays Smash either infrequently or casually and probably isn't particularly invested in the series' competitive player base.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I spent £20/$25 on what was practically a trim.

Got ****ing ripped off.

Do you think this will help significantly grow the Smash fan-base? / player-base?

1 Nintendo is trying to grow an official Smash Ultimate competitive scene and therefore likely their client base

1.1 Nintendo announced a partnership with PlayVS to bring ( SSBU / Splatoon 2 ) e-sports leagues to 3,000 High schools
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2021/nintendo-partners-with-playvs-to-bring-competitive-fun-to-high-school-varsity-athletics/

1.2 Nintendo will most likely in 2022 announce another partnership with PlayVS to bring SSBU e-sports leagues to Colleges
https://www.ginx.tv/en/smash-ultimate/nintendo-forces-playvs-to-drop-smash-ultimate-collegiate-league

1.3 Super Smash Bros Ultimate frequently draws high volumes of students and is the National Esports Association’s recommended event for gauging student interest in collegiate e-sports. https://www.nea.gg/collegiate-smash-series
He's a bot!

Let's test it's functions!

1633001990211.png

SuperSize Me has to be the dumbest documentary out there.

"Oh, all I ate was McDonalds for a month straight and I got fat" - yeah no **** buddy.
See that's why I call SuperSize Me "Wannabe Fat****: The Documentary." cause that's what he's doing.

And if I recall he was criticized for not doing something like publishing what he ate and the exact calories etc.

osby

Smash Obsessed
See that's why I call SuperSize Me "Wannabe Fat****: The Documentary." cause that's what he's doing.

And if I recall he was criticized for not doing something like publishing what he ate and the exact calories etc.
Eh, I think the movie is a pretty unscientific documentary and deserves to get criticism for it but it's pretty effective as a commentary on fast food culture and its economic background imo.

I see the "experiment" part of it as more of a hook to get people's attention.

Dutch Raikuna

This thread will probably become a ghost town after the final fighter is revealed.
Nah.

A lot of people here will be staying for a long time after. We talked about it the other night.

That being said, I should get our server prepared to add new people in anyone wants to.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
There used to be some regulars on the old social thread that I see in Newcomer Speculation from time to time so I won't be surprised if they come back after this is all said and done

Dutch Raikuna

I think a good amount of regulars may stay.

I'm more worried about smaller threads like "Create an ___" topics. Their participation is already on the infrequent size and it'll be a shame if they stop getting any traffic after this week.
Easily at least 25 people here will stay for the long run .Easily until the end of the year I think the social thread will be like normal at least.

Nah, the Pokemon Social Thread will be just fine without Smash.

I'm sure we'll have some migrants from the DLC Speculation thread once that's eventually closed, too.
Pretty much this.

My worry is more for beyond and wanting to keep in contact with a few of you guys for a long time after as I really want to. Got the Discord server and thinking of trying a new frontier somewhere but don't know.

Or I could be crying and begging and say "be my friends until I have enough money to **** off out of my country". /s
I'm joking.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the only reason I’d think I stick around is so I can post furry memes in general :yoshi:

/j

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'll probably stay because I think this thread is one of the few online places where people discuss video games in (relative) peace.

Also, I'm planning to not shut up about upcoming MegaTen games once they come out and who else will put up with it?

Honestly, the only reason I’d think I stick around is so I can post furry memes in general :yoshi:

/j
An admirable cause.

Dutch Raikuna

There's a few reasons why I'm staying here or least bridging the divide between here and my Discord server.

1. I like the forum system, easier to make lengthy posts but Discord is more widely used.

2. Not as keen on Discord users like osby osby and Noipoi Noipoi and of course Lamperouge Lamperouge is on here. I'm really working out a way to make a Discord server easier for you guys to use currently. Plus I think a few like JD would like that to talk to a few people outside of here.

3. Said it before but would hope to be friends with some of you guys for ages to come after. Smash isn't the end of friendships but the beginning sort of thing and still talking like a year on after. Cringe? Yes but I'm being very honest.

4. Half of us are practically creative artists in some form like you Metal Shop X Metal Shop X so I really want to keep seeing it. Some of you guys are really talented.

And a few more reasons..............that will come to mind.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Random nitpick: With so much magic and **** in DC and Marvel, you'd honestly think disease especially cancer would be a thing in the past. What gives?

Especially Injustice where Gordon dies of cancer despite magical beings like Zatanna, Doctor Fate, and such involved in those comics.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Random nitpick: With so much magic and **** in DC and Marvel, you'd honestly think disease especially cancer would be a thing in the past. What gives?

Especially Injustice where Gordon dies of cancer despite magical beings like Zatanna, Doctor Fate, and such involved in those comics.
Magic can't cure cancer.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Did you read that Hellblazer arc where Constantine got diagnosed with cancer?

How though? Isn't magic capable of doing "anything"?
If it was, magic users would just do away with anything they dislike.

Sure, comic books conveniently forget about super powers all the time but most magician heroes I know have limitations to their powers.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Did you read that Hellblazer arc where Constantine got diagnosed with cancer?
No I haven't.

Even with magic though, what about the most brilliant minds like Mister Fantastic, Hank Pym, and such finding such a cure for all diseases given the intellectual feats they're capable of? As with the most intelligent folks in DC.

I know Wakanda has a cure for cancer but apparently won't share it to the world.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
No I haven't.

Even with magic though, what about the most brilliant minds like Mister Fantastic, Hank Pym, and such finding such a cure for all diseases given the intellectual feats they're capable of? As with the most intelligent folks in DC.

I know Wakanda has a cure for cancer but apparently won't share it to the world.
I wouldn't even trust Reed or Hank with the task of not breaking an egg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If it was, magic users would just do away with anything they dislike.

Sure, comic books conveniently forget about super powers all the time but most magician heroes I know have limitations to their powers.
I mean given the feats DC and Marvel is capable of beyond planet level and even multiversal+ (Look at both Doctor Fate and Doctor Strange), curing normal diseases shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shroob Shroob duxx duxx Gemini Elf Gemini Elf there’s going to be a story mode in Master Duels
(Qliphort stuff)
(Gem-Knight)
(Skip to around 5:00 for this video, World Legacy)

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
New DR update, BOYZ.

There's a few reasons why I'm staying here or least bridging the divide between here and my Discord server.

1. I like the forum system, easier to make lengthy posts but Discord is more widely used.

2. Not as keen on Discord users like osby osby and Noipoi Noipoi and of course Lamperouge Lamperouge is on here. I'm really working out a way to make a Discord server easier for you guys to use currently. Plus I think a few like JD would like that to talk to a few people outside of here.

3. Said it before but would hope to be friends with some of you guys for ages to come after. Smash isn't the end of friendships but the beginning sort of thing and still talking like a year on after. Cringe? Yes but I'm being very honest.

4. Half of us are practically creative artists in some form like you Metal Shop X Metal Shop X so I really want to keep seeing it. Some of you guys are really talented.

And a few more reasons..............that will come to mind.
Still not sure if I'm quite talented as other folks, but I really appreciate the compliment, pal.

Once Speculation is truly ded, I really hope alot of old folks still come by here and there. Yeah, it's a Smash Bros forum and all, but I think we managed to form a mini-community of sort in this thread, and I think it be a shame to just "stop" it when we dont even talk about Smash that much here.

D

Deleted member

New DR update, BOYZ.

Still not sure if I'm quite talented as other folks, but I really appreciate the compliment, pal.

Once Speculation is truly ded, I really hope alot of old folks still come by here and there. Yeah, it's a Smash Bros forum and all, but I think we managed to form a mini-community of sort in this thread, and I think it be a shame to just "stop" it when we dont even talk about Smash that much here.
Deltarune speedrunners when they see toby added new dialogue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom