• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just watched an episode of Doctor Who called School Reunion, one of the early episodes of the 10th Doctor's run. I had been avoiding it for a while because I was worried about not being familiar with the characters that were being referenced (Sarah Jane Smith and K9 - I knew that Sarah was a former companion, and K9 is a robot dog who was around in the 4th Doctor's time, but that's about it), but I enjoyed it. (though some lines hit me pretty hard) I'll probably pick up where I left off tomorrow.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My friend's cool but he seems to not understand how fan games work.

I introduced him to Xenoverse (which happened to be his first Pokémon game too) but I had to explain to him that fan game creators can't make a profit off them or put them on a platform like Steam unless they want the banhammer. He then asked can he give them donations outside of the project and I told him that's still dangerous waters to tread through.

I too would love to show my love to fan game creators but I understand why I can't.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Found out that the Pokémon content in this month's issue of CoroCoro magazine is only a New Pokémon Snap contest.

Looks like E3 is our next bet for Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl news...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The first two Raimi Spider-Man movies hold up extremely well IMO, occasionally cheesy dialogue aside. I honestly still enjoy them more than Spider-Man's outings in the MCU.
Then this next MCU one will probably be your favorite.
I don't know.

I'm actually incredibly mixed right now on the exact same Doc Ock supposedly returning since I feel like his character arc concluded perfectly with his sacrifice, and I'm not sure what Tobey's Spider-Man could add to the story besides some cheap fan service (assuming he's even in it). Still excited to see it, but yeah.
I read this and remember the fact that every Spider-Man movie franchise has massive praise and fans within their fanbase...and then there's TASM

anD hEres whY mY spIdErmAn IS bEtTEr thAn yOUrS
20210109_181237.jpg

KillerCage

Smash Master
So, how's everyone's weekend been?
Rewatched "The Mitchells vs The Machines" with my best friend yesterday.
I liked it more the second go around and I already enjoyed the film.
It was also a breath of fresh air after watching Tenet, Greenland, and the Impossible back to back.
That's what I get for watching a Christopher Nolan film and two serious disaster movies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I read this and remember the fact that every Spider-Man movie franchise has massive praise and fans within their fanbase...and then there's TASM

anD hEres whY mY spIdErmAn IS bEtTEr thAn yOUrSView attachment 315481
Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man gets hated on like it was his fault and not the writers'. For that, at least I respect his take on it for what it was. :nifty: Cool suit.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

anD hEres whY mY spIdErmAn IS bEtTEr thAn yOUrSView attachment 315481
TASM isn’t perfect but it didn’t deserve all the hatred it got.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Honestly I found the first Amazing Spider-Man super underappreciated upon recent rewatch. Sure it's nothing groundbreaking but it's still a good competent film that I enjoyed my time with. Tbh I think I might've enjoyed it more than either the MCU Spidey films (Don't get me wrong those are fine films too, but they don't quite feel "Spider-Man" to me).

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was definitely a nose dive in comparison, but a fun nose dive. One of those so bad it's good type of movies for me.

Whilst I'm discussing Spidey films, might as well mention the other ones I've seen and say Spiderverse was solid all around, and the first two Rami movies are kinda dated but fun and probably some of the best the web slinger has to offer on screen so far. And before you ask, I've yet to see Venom or Spider-Man 3 ( really hoping to get to the latter soon, heard it's a wild ride)

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
To me, TASM felt more like a soulless corporate product rather than films with actual passion put into them. Maybe they could've turned out better without so much interference from Sony and how they just had to have their own cinematic universe for Spider-Man, but as they are, I have almost nothing good to say about them besides Peter's suit in the sequel.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Memes have ruined me.
1804A809-2A24-4E77-837C-5C16B506512F.jpeg

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Raimi Spider-Man is my childhood so I have a soft spot for every one of them. The Amazing movies came and went and I didn’t see either movies until well after they released and I enjoyed them enough. The MCU movies I’ve watched since Civil War and I’ve loved every one of them.

Nostalgia aside I think Tom Holland’s Spider-Man movies are the best. The arc of “Uncle Ben dying” is tried and true but I don’t think I felt the impact and the responsibility he had to deal with after until Far From Home hit. Tony Stark being the Uncle Ben of the new movies just resonates so much more because you can tell that being “the next Iron Man” is weighing heavier on him than anything else he’s dealt with. Add that with some of the best casting in superhero movies in general for his iconic cast of villains, their perfect and most comic book accurate use of Spider-sense that subverts the previous franchises take on it and I have to say that there’s not much I can think of that’s really wrong with Far From Home.

My rankings would probably be:
  1. Far From Home
  2. Spider-Man 2
  3. Spider-Man
  4. Homecoming
  5. Amazing Spider-Man 1
  6. Spider-Man 3
  7. Amazing Spider-Man 2

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Unpopular opinion time: I kinda wish not every single console on the market wasn't going HD. Not that I have a problem with them, I just think smaller companies making graphically modest but still pretty games for handheld consoles occupied an important gap between indie and AAA games. Maybe I'm overreacting but sometimes it feels like most games nowadays either have to stick to retro pixel style or get heat because they didn't go full high resolution, 60FPS visuals.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Unpopular opinion time: I kinda wish not every single console on the market wasn't going HD. Not that I have a problem with them, I just think smaller companies making graphically modest but still pretty games for handheld consoles occupied an important gap between indie and AAA games. Maybe I'm overreacting but sometimes it feels like most games either have to stick to retro pixel style or get heat because they didn't go full high resolution, 60FPS visuals.
Yeah, it's kinda hard for big companies devs nowadays to expirement and go weird when they have to make BIG ASS HD games that will cost alot and have to give load of money back to make up for all the times and ressource they developed.

Really good Pixel art is also very time consuming, which mean lots of promising indie games take yeeears to come out, which can be a double edge sword in some cases.

Most big company and general audience always want bigger and better graphics, but I really feel we need a third option that doesn't take either extreme.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom