• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
On this day, two years ago, Pokémon: Detective Pikachu hit the big screen in Japan then worldwide the following week.

A live-action Pokémon movie long time fans deserved.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Quite an eye-opener, isn’t it? Makes me happy my family moderates my nieces’ YouTube exposure heavily.
I've known kids' YouTube was full of low-quality garbage for years, but it's always nice to see more people make fun of it. I really hope my cousins are keeping their babies away from YouTube and having them watch old kids' DVDs or something like that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Its interesting that the Fantastic Four has no release date confirmed as of yet. At the same time, there is no date for Blade or the new Captain America film as of yet. If were to take a guess, I would say they could be 2023 or 2024 projects.
I’d assume FF releases in 2023 still, with Blade possibly being pushed into 2024 if Spider-Man were to get himself another movie that year.
In the words of the best villain
that bit of silence tho...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I watched the first episode of the Inhumans. That sure was... something that people made.

From that first episode, I find it difficult to like any of the main cast aside from Lockjaw and maybe Maximus. You'd think that, somewhere along the line, having a show where the protagonists run a brutal caste system where anyone who doesn't get an interesting-looking power gets sent to the slave mines makes them tough to root for. (there's seemingly only one Inhuman with the ability to see the future, and it seems like if not for Maximus keeping him around, he would have been sent to the slave mines because his power doesn't change his appearance)

Maybe the Royal Family will realize the problems with their society and take steps to fix it, like what happened with Black Panther, but from what I've read, it doesn't seem like that's the case. No idea why anyone thought that the Inhumans could replace mutants/the X-Men, and I'm glad that (as far as I can tell) Ms. Marvel won't have any ties to this show. (I'd be fine if Lockjaw appeared in Ms. Marvel's show, but that's about it)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've known kids' YouTube was full of low-quality garbage for years, but it's always nice to see more people make fun of it. I really hope my cousins are keeping their babies away from YouTube and having them watch old kids' DVDs or something like that.
I tried using it once out of sheer curiousity due to how our school blocks the regular youtube app.

Not only is it horribly designed from a graphic design standpoint, the content is... well....
Screenshot 2021-05-03 1.34.46 PM.png

granted, this specific screenshot is from setting the recommendations to 4 years or younger, but I took a glance at the older age settings and they aren't much better in comparison.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
My older niece really loves Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, and Ghibli films, so she’s practically set for the rest of her childhood. She also enjoys a lot of older cartoons like Hey, Arnold and some others that draw a blank in my mind.

Wasn’t there a TED talk or something like that about how [EXPLETIVE]ed up YouTube Kids is as a whole?

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well my power went out. Time to take a break from work. Bosses can't complain too much at least as I already got my sales referral for the day in. lol

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I tried using it once out of sheer curiousity due to how our school blocks the regular youtube app.

Not only is it horribly designed from a graphic design standpoint, the content is... well....
View attachment 313658
granted, this specific screenshot is from setting the recommendations to 4 years or younger, but I took a glance at the older age settings and they aren't much better in comparison.
I can't wait to engage in EARTH DAY FUN WITH KHAN ACADEMY KIDS and watch the amazing BLIPPI GREAT GREEN ADVENUTRE MOVE EDUCATIONAL VIDEOS FOR!

KillerCage

Smash Master

• Some new footage of Black Widow and Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings.
  • First small footage and first glimpse of the Eternals.
  • The Black Panther sequel will be retitled as Wakanda Forever.
  • Captain Marvel's sequel will also be retitled as "the Marvels."
Are we not going to talk about the 4 at the end?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I watched the first episode of the Inhumans. That sure was... something that people made.

From that first episode, I find it difficult to like any of the main cast aside from Lockjaw and maybe Maximus. You'd think that, somewhere along the line, having a show where the protagonists run a brutal caste system where anyone who doesn't get an interesting-looking power gets sent to the slave mines makes them tough to root for. (there's seemingly only one Inhuman with the ability to see the future, and it seems like if not for Maximus keeping him around, he would have been sent to the slave mines because his power doesn't change his appearance)

Maybe the Royal Family will realize the problems with their society and take steps to fix it, like what happened with Black Panther, but from what I've read, it doesn't seem like that's the case. No idea why anyone thought that the Inhumans could replace mutants/the X-Men, and I'm glad that (as far as I can tell) Ms. Marvel won't have any ties to this show. (I'd be fine if Lockjaw appeared in Ms. Marvel's show, but that's about it)
Yeah Inhumans are just a lamer mish-mash of X-Men and DC's New Gods. Black Bolt's got a cool gimmick, a man who's very whisper could level mountains. But the incest and owning servants and slaves (called Alpha Primitives) makes them pretty unlikable to me compared to the other two groups I mentioned. I get they are space blue bloods, but that's why I find them dislikable. I mean Iron Man was made to be the opposite of most Marvel heroes for the time, but he's still more sympathetic than the Inhumans. For sure some of the weaker Fantastic 4 spin-offs, when bangers like Black Panther and Silver Surfer were also made in the 60's. On top of the fact they lack a menace on the level of Magneto or the G.O.A.T Darkseid.

Then again, current X-Men has most of the characters simultaneously acting like Asshole Anti-Heroes.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Are we not going to talk about the 4 at the end?
I think they already announced a Fantastic Four movie (though with no cast attached), along with Blade starring Mahershala Ali. (though neither of them have release dates/windows)

While I really want to see Dr. Doom done well on the big screen (I've only seen two Fantastic Four movies, but neither the 2005 movie or Fant4stic accomplished that - I haven't seen Rise of the Silver Surfer), part of me hopes that they go with another, simpler villain (like Mole Man or the Puppet Master) and save Dr. Doom for a sequel so he can be fleshed out more. (assuming that they're still going to tell the origin story)

duxx

Smash Ace

View attachment 313658
I can't wait to engage in EARTH DAY FUN WITH KHAN ACADEMY KIDS and watch the amazing BLIPPI GREAT GREEN ADVENUTRE MOVE EDUCATIONAL VIDEOS FOR!
you guys did not just diss the cinematic masterpiece known as Blippi's Great Green Adventure

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I think they already announced a Fantastic Four movie (though with no cast attached), along with Blade starring Mahershala Ali. (though neither of them have release dates/windows)

While I really want to see Dr. Doom done well on the big screen (I've only seen two Fantastic Four movies, but neither the 2005 movie or Fant4stic accomplished that - I haven't seen Rise of the Silver Surfer), part of me hopes that they go with another, simpler villain (like Mole Man or the Puppet Master) and save Dr. Doom for a sequel so he can be fleshed out more. (assuming that they're still going to tell the origin story)
I kinda want a Doom mini-series that goes into his backstory.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know considering Robot wars dumped the Code geass cast into the plot without adapting anything from the actual show, i was not expecting the build up to the final battle to dump such a massive spoiler from the show on me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Somethings definitely going on with my power. Several cars lined up on the curb, watched the fire department leave, they got two repair vehicles right outside my window, and I saw the electrical pole smoking something fierce.

I guess I'm getting somewhat of an answer for the crash I heard. lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
After I finish this animation assignment I will be ready to graduate. And then I will need some huge personal thing to get wrapped up in..... I think I'm going to write a Ghostbusters POV writeup on Luigi's Mansion 3.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I kinda want a Doom mini-series that goes into his backstory.
They need to go all in on him
Backstory, his adventure with Dr Strange, the time he got sent millions of years into the past and torn apart by Megalodons and came back for revenge, God Emperor Doom, Doom delivering Val and rubbing it in Reeds' face, his conversation with the Panther God and have it eventually culminate in something based on Doom 2099.

Give me all of the ridiculous Dr Doom stuff.

duxx

Smash Ace
to all the geno and waluigi fans out there, dont worry. we'll definitely get them in soon. i mean how many other nintendo characters are there? who else would they add? duck hunt? wii fit trainer?

oh wait

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How to draw in 4 easy steps:

1)draw a circle
2)draw a circle in the circle
3)???
4) profit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom