• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
June having Yuffie DLC and Rift Apart would be great.

Except you know, I doubt I can get a PS5 by then.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So to look at how the announcements have shaped up between the Nintendo Direct, State of Play and other things around my birthday. For my hype levels

Nintendo Direct
-Pyra and Mythra in Smash Bros
-Mario Golf
-Famicom Detective Club Remakes
-Splatoon 3
-Hades Physical Edition
-Worlds End Club
-Skyward Sword HD

Inbetween Nintendo Direct and State of Play
-Nier Replicant Trailer
-THPS Remakes coming to Switch

State of Play
-Solar Ash looks cool and might get it
-New Deathloop Trailer
-FFVII Remake News

Pokemon Presents
-Diamond and Pearl Remakes most likely
-Maybe some Pokemon Snap News?

Next Week
-New Game Expo, hopefully news on what Arc System Works is making next and the next Trails game is getting localised.
-Pyra and Mythra showcase and release date.

This might be the best year for stuff announced around it. I'm getting old.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
On the bright side, this DLC will probably be in the inevitable PC port.

Until then, though, this news blows and is super crummy given the situation of the PS5 right now.

Dutch Raikuna

Man, forget Square. Who the heck can even get a 5 right now?
Become a YouTuber or fake a terminal illness /s.

Or you can go the violent option but there's a thing called the law.

I want to get one but eh. **** the scalpers.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

However about the FFVII Remake I need to say about the upgrade:

fivifif.jpg

No matter how much they try, that low res of a background is still burned into my eyes. No matter how many damn changes they do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The kingsisle live for this month just ended BUT PIRATE101 IS 100% GETTING UPDATES AGAIIIINNN

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
ok so i don't usually care for mario kart tour but they recently brought back dk summit from wii, and seeing as it's in my top 5 mk tracks ever, i felt like i needed to at least jump in and see what they did with it

In terms of layout, it's more or less the same - although I feel like slapping a glider on the cannon section makes it feel a lot less impactful, they've done it a hundred times before with other retro tracks so I was fully expecting it here

However, I feel what's really worth noting is that they completely and utterly ****ed UP the aesthetic value of the original. When i think about how much I love Mario Kart Wii's vibe, DK Summit is the first thing I think about. Everything about it was just so great and perfectly encapsulated Wii's "look" that it wound up honestly being one of the most nostalgic tracks for me. And in this one....Yeah they completely ****ing ruined it. From the bigger ****ups like slapping in a generic blue sky or making everything super plain, to the smaller things like changing the Nintendo logo on the snow to a generic Mario Kart logo, this feels emblematic of how ever since 8, Mario Kart has been trying to cultivate a new, more "professional" look for itself that completely abandons the fun Mario charm of the previous games. As someone who really values a game's vibe and aesthetic, this **** hurts, man. They made this track feel completely generic, hollow and soulless. This is the clean and sterile DK Summit. This is the Wahoominati's DK Summit.

Admittedly, I'm not quite as mad as I sound, but **** man - they really just went ahead and sucked all the life out of one of my all-time favorite Mario Kart tracks. And it has me worried as **** for what they might do in the future for other Mario Kart tracks I particularly love for their aesthetic like Mushroom City and Delfino Square

god why am i angry about mario kart tour

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I admit that was really clever find on the video.

Can't believe the epilogue for WandaVision is coming very close and I'm eager to see how it concludes next week.

Also, Loki's release date for Disney+ is now set for June.
I’m not ready for WandaVision to end...tho of course I’m not ready for anything MCU to end, but I’m always hyped up for the next project done

and yeah the Loki show being pushed to June is a bit of an oof...but in return we get to have M.O.D.O.K. on May 21st via the Hulu so yay
View attachment 305110
Got something cool in the mail today...
if we all buy as many copies as possible, we can save Mario from dying

D

Deleted member

That's a phrase I never thought I would read in 2021
I don’t think we’re getting like entire books worth of content anytime soon, but they did say they’re gonna start doing bug fix updates for Pirate101 which is... very good overall.

Going back and finishing the current content was the right move for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I know no one here cares about Destiny 2, but man, I'm so hecking excited for the roadmap they outlined today. It's everything I could've wanted from the game and more.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It was revealed today also.
No gameplay footage yet but they've shown a bunch of the cars available. There's a hot dog car as well.
Imma be real, when the car fell on the table, I got quietly rustled because when I was a kid, my brother would keep throwing my cars and it pissed me off. Hearing that little clink sound when it hit the table just... grr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom