• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Paper Mario discourse is so funny, we're at the point where people are trying to bring back the idea of Super being a bad game and TTYD being the last good one.

And by funny, I mean I hate this fanbase.
Some people still can't get past the fact that it diverged from the usual turn-based gameplay and shifted into a traditional Mario platformer with a leveling system instead.

I've said this before, but I'm still fully convinced that, if it had the same.story, but with enhanced TTYD-style turn-based gameplay, Super would've been hailed as the masterpiece of the series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some people are still can't get over the fact that it diverged from the usual turn-based gameplay into a traditional Mario platformer with a leveling system instead.

I've said this before, but I'm still fully convinced that, if it had the same.story, but with enhanced TTYD-style turn-based gameplay, Super would've been hailed as the masterpiece of the series.
Honestly, I think I'm in the minority on this, but I like the newer "attempts" to change up the combat the PM games have tried.

Emphasis on "attempt" and "tried." cause they're still pretty flawed.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
y’all might not know this, but for those who like Walking Dead...
...Clementine > Rick

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I see we're talking character matchups, so here's mine:

Who would win? Sonic or Luffy?
View attachment 305088 View attachment 305089
I feel like Sonic would take this.

Paper Mario discourse is so funny, we're at the point where people are trying to bring back the idea of Super being a bad game and TTYD being the last good one.

And by funny, I mean I hate this fanbase.
Super has its problems but I don’t think it’s bad.

D

Deleted member

I feel like Sonic would take this.
You would think so, but Luffy has Gear 4 Snakeman in his arsenal, which is fast enough to even catch Katakuri, who could see into the future off guard, as his attacks exponentially accelerate and, given a few seconds worth of time, would eventually catch up to Sonic. And he also gained the ability to see into the future after his fight with the person I mentioned above, so as long as Sonic doesn't have the Chaos Emeralds he can just predict his movements and hit em with a Culverin.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Honestly, I think I'm in the minority on this, but I like the newer "attempts" to change up the combat the PM games have tried.

Emphasis on "attempt" and "tried." cause they're still pretty flawed.
I maybe could’ve looked past the lack of leveling up if those mechanics were fun but I didn’t have fun with the combat in SS or CS and I don’t see myself liking the whole slide puzzle thing TOK had. The fact that they’re just pointless is the nail in the coffin.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Pokemon shipping is a bear you do not want to poke.
Can confirm, though luckily enough I haven't stumbled on much.
Why does Bulbapedia have articles on shipping humans with Pokemon.

Why

I'll take having to hear a million different arguments about which traveling partner Ash "belongs" with over anything that file name implies.
There are full in depth articles on that ****. No joke.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There are currently 4 confirmed upcoming Pokémon games that could also be in tomorrow's Pokémon Presents

New Pokémon Snap (Switch) though probably will be skipped since it's just around the corner
Detective Pikachu (Switch)
Pokémon Unite (Switch/Mobile)
Pokémon Sleep (Mobile)

And for all we know, TPC might have more side games up their sleeves.

D

Deleted member

Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 1.48.38 PM.png

So I found this cool browser based shooter that isn't blocked on my computer called Warbrokers.....

Oracle Link

Smash Master
This is how i feel when people complain about Zelda oracle of ages and seasons
mäme.png

i mean the gameboy has only 2 real buttons what else should they have done SERIOUSLY

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I like how Miles Morales is the most popular Spider-Man (that isn’t named Peter Parker of course) and that Ghost-Spider is both the most popular+superior Gwen Stacy and the most popular Spider-Woman/Girl

...so Sony...when will they join the MCU or live action movie verse...and more importantly...will Gwen join the Insomniac universe?

D

Deleted member

My bikes handlebars are starting to rotate whenever I give it so much as a slight move(even going over a small bump is enough to rustle it a few degrees) and now I have to spend hours figuring out how to fix it -_-

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The State of Play is also going to happen in 50~ minutes, for anyone who care.

For me, the only thing that interest me is the new FNAF trailer, and since it's late here, probably won't watch the direct in full lol.

Still, here's the video for those interested.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You would think so, but Luffy has Gear 4 Snakeman in his arsenal, which is fast enough to even catch Katakuri, who could see into the future off guard, as his attacks exponentially accelerate and, given a few seconds worth of time, would eventually catch up to Sonic. Now if you give Sonic the Chaos Emeralds......
Doesn’t he need a fruit or something to gain that? Meanwhile Sonic has access to his speed naturally. Not to mention Sonic has taken down gods even in his normal form (Perfect Chaos in Generations)

Actually, thag's my biggest gripe with the Paper Mario series: only ONE of the games allow you to refight the bosses despite being the best part of the series as a whole.

Like, Mario and Luigi had it since the 3rd game, why so slow on Paper Mario?
I would definitely add that in my PM game if by a miracle it got greenlit

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The State of Play is also going to happen in 50~ minutes, for anyone who care.

For me, the only thing that interest me is the new FNAF trailer, and since it's late here, probably won't watch the direct in full lol.

Still, here's the video for those interested.
Even if I'm watching for Security Breach, State Of Play always manages to have some neat games I likely wouldn't have heard of otherwise, so I'm down.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This is how i feel when people complain about Zelda oracle of ages and seasons
View attachment 305101
i mean the gameboy has only 2 real buttons what else should they have done SERIOUSLY
Doesn’t Oracle of Ages/Seasons have very few invincibility frames that result in you taking way more damage than you should? What I heard at least.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I've had a lot of good childhood memories from this system..... what are y'all favorite games on the 3DS. Mine are OOT 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Pokemon X and Y, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Bravely Default, and Fire Emblem Awakening.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
That applies to a lot of fandoms, actually. The fact that some of them are going through similar identity crises (especially Sonic) just furthers that sort of point.
Shout out to Sonic fans all randomly turning on Sonic Colors while also flipping on Unleashed now being the greatest video game ever made.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well guys Laid Back Camp produced another great episode and really looking forward to State of Pl-

There was a problem fetching the tweet
GOD ****ING DAMN IT
For **** sake.

PlayStation I live ya but one of the reasons why I've stuck with yous over the years is for JRPG's, God of War/Horizon and Japan Studio. This is the worst move they've done in years.

Maybe they should have been a lot damn smarter and I don't know have offered Gravity Rush Remastered as a PS Plus before the sequel came out, remastered Ape Escape and pushed the LocoRoco/Patapon/Parappa Remasters like crazy. Oh and not sent out Gravity Rush 2 and The Last Guardian out to die. Now those IPs are gonna rot sadly.

I'll still probably stick to PlayStation but this a blowback to me regardless. Another move like that and I might jump to Xbox.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've had a lot of good childhood memories from this system..... what are y'all favorite games on the 3DS. Mine are OOT 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Pokemon X and Y, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Bravely Default, and Fire Emblem Awakening.

I wouldn't exactly say 'childhood', but the 3DS has some solid games that I thoroughly enjoyed through the past decade!

Metroid Samus Returns, A Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Pokemon ORAS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom