• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Minecraft Villagers are amazing.

I got this one villager to trade me an enchanted book with Mending for a book and an emerald. How epic is that?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Slight update. The issue wasn't copyright, but trademark law. Basically, JoyconBoyz is a trademark infringement on Joycon itself. The issue? With Trademarks, you must take legal action if somebody is copying your trademarked name and using it(for profit, I can confirm, at least). So why is this bad? Nintendo saw that someone was making money off their Trademarked name, so took action. The kicker? If they didn't, they'd lose the trademark entirely.

Nintendo was forced to take action. Where the money went to was irrelevant either way. Now I really want to figure out copyright law better. -_-

D

Deleted member

I am not usually into leakers, but...

How did Vergeben feel about Steve being in? He leaked Steve even before DLC was released, but it was faulty, as apparently it came from a bad source, and the Ender Dragon boss fight was inaccurate.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I am not usually into leakers, but...

How did Vergeben feel about Steve being in? He leaked Steve even before DLC was released, but it was faulty, as apparently it came from a bad source, and the Ender Dragon boss fight was inaccurate.
Just to clarify, the Ender boss fight was one of many theories. He really didn't know exact what kind of Minecraft content it is.

The source itself was bad. Not leakbait, just bad. I didn't see his new stuff, though. Maybe he had another source later on or whatever.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Slight update. The issue wasn't copyright, but trademark law. Basically, JoyconBoyz is a trademark infringement on Joycon itself. The issue? With Trademarks, you must take legal action if somebody is copying your trademarked name and using it(for profit, I can confirm, at least). So why is this bad? Nintendo saw that someone was making money off their Trademarked name, so took action. The kicker? If they didn't, they'd lose the trademark entirely.

Nintendo was forced to take action. Where the money went to was irrelevant either way. Now I really want to figure out copyright law better. -_-
Would recommend the Retronauts episode on the history of piracy to anyone curious about this stuff.

They tend to focus mostly on the backwardness of copyrights, not just video games, but is a good and entertaining primer for how a lot of things work.

EDIT: Was just posting the link. Didn't think the site would format it as that literally. lol

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Would recommend the Retronauts episode on the history of piracy to anyone curious about this stuff.

They tend to focus mostly on the backwardness of copyrights, not just video games, but is a good and entertaining primer for how a lot of things work.
Huh. I found a bit out. Basically, why romhacks are problematic. Both because they're still a computer program and distribution alone is actually not allowed under copyright, whether or not you modified it(modifying is fine in itself, to note).

Usually this is why people mod their games and show 'em off. They can do that online technically fine, though LP's had parody issues at times(at least when you're making money by LP'ing). It's complicated. XD

...I don't think I can sit through a near 2 hour long video. >.<; It's easier to read at this point. Or search for details. Thank you though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What is "leakbait"?

Google won't give me any answers, well, because it isn't a real word.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Seems like this is the elephant in the room that people aren't noticing (Look up the list of genericized trademarks, I was surprised when I found out that "escalator" is one of them)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's been well over 24 hours since the Twitter accounts for Nintendo of America and Nintendo Versus tweeted anything.

The longer they stay quiet on their little fiasco, the deeper the hole they're getting themselves into.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's been well over 24 hours since the Twitter accounts for Nintendo of America and Nintendo Versus tweeted anything.

The longer they stay quiet on their little fiasco, the deeper the hole they're getting themselves into.
I mean, they don't care and other controversies show they don't need to

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

But posting the wrong thing would look so much worse for them.

Sooner or later the bulk of Twitter will move to some other controversy. Its cynical, but if they don't plan on doing anything to change their behavior then silence is probably a better option for them then putting out some sugar-coated PR statement that will just make people angrier.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'd be surprised if this controversy really affects Nintendo in any significant way.

So let alone apologizing, I doubt they'll even acknowledge it from their official accounts and draw more attention to it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hopefully theaters open up again soon. This is the type of movie that's made for the big screen. Would honestly go out of my way for Imax on this one.
Honestly, theaters are one step closer to dying tbh. Even once it's Post-COVID, theaters aren't gonna be what they used to be anymore. The virus has left a massive dent in the cinema industry that will never recover from this and streaming becoming one step closer to being more of the normal.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Shazam! is the only good DCEU film IMO.

Wonder Woman I thought was okay but overrated but man the CGI during the final battle could have been better...I also didn't like how Ares turned out in design and appearance.

Man of Steel, more like Man of Murder, and the way they kill off Pa Kent is ridiculous (They were in the middle of a god damn tornado, no one would have seen Clark saving him) as well as implying to Clark he should have let that bus full of students die in order to keep his powers hidden. They couldn't have had him suffering a stroke or heart attack and told Clark on his death bed before dying that he couldn't save everyone?

Aquaman I thought was nothing more but a CGI orgy-fest, also the same film that makes you try to sympathize with terrorists who just killed innocent people and the fact too these events could have been prevented if Arthur just brought them to jail, to begin with rather then leaving Black Manta with his father dying. Hell, better yet why didn't Atlanna just move inland with her family? It took Atlantis a few years to find her and they were living on the coastline, there's no way they would have found them if they just moved into the countryside or something. Also for being the so-called protector of the seas, Aquaman apparently litters into the very thing he protects as you see him throw a bottle of whiskey into the sea.

Suicide Squad that desperately tried to copy being Guardians.

I don't have to express my opinion on Batman vs. Superman and Justice League.

Didn't bother watching Birds of Prey.

Even then I have interest in The Suicide Squad due to Gunn directing and King Shark making his debut along with Shazam 2, and Black Adam.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Personally even though the movies in the DCEU were mostly bad, I still enjoyed watching Justice League, Man of Steel, and Batman V. Superman. They were all fun to watch. Wonder Woman was exceptionally good too.

I still haven't watched most of em yet though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'd be surprised if this controversy really affects Nintendo in any significant way.

So let alone apologizing, I doubt they'll even acknowledge it from their official accounts and draw more attention to it.
This, their comment is no comment if I had TK guess.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have watched quite a few of the DCEU films and the only decent one that I watched is the first Wonder Woman.
I highly recommend Shazam and Birds of Prey, they're both very fun, Shazam's got more heart I feel but BoP manages to stand out pretty well, especially with how it remembered that being for a more mature audience doesn't mean it has to be broody as hell and super high stakes

D

Deleted member

Everyday is a new adventure with Nintendo.
By clone I mean "clearly use as a base". Huh. So Wario's more of a semi-clone then.

And that makes sense.

...Please tell me they properly list him as Ganondorf. That's an issue I have with hacks, using the blatantly incorrect designation for the character. I'll still get the hack, but come on. There's a huge difference between 'em.

Honestly, I've been wanting to see them use Ness as a base to make Brian for a while now. It helps they're similar bodyshapes/sizes, but also a lot of similar abilities. Would probably have to be highly unique akin to Wario. I'm hoping they add Peach at some point(and I could see her being used to help create Zelda too). There's so many awesome N64-related choices. And some later on that easily work(Lucas, Dark Samus, etc.) I wonder if Dark Link is a costume? Same with the Polygons.

Sadly I can't apply patches right, so I have to have someone set it up for me. Either way, I'm loving such a fun and silly roster.
Let's put it this way, Wario is as much of a Mario clone as Samus is one of Falcon, maybe even less. Not really what I personally would call a clone, or semi-clone even, but by your definition he might be?

As for Ganondorf, he has his proper name, I just call him that because I'm lazy and it's shorter.

And yes, the Polygons, as well as Giant DK and Metal Mario are playable. Not sure about Dark Link though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Everyday is a new adventure with Nintendo.
Let's put it this way, Wario is as much of a Mario clone as Samus is one of Falcon, maybe even less. Not really what I personally would call a clone, or semi-clone even, but by your definition he might be?

As for Ganondorf, he has his proper name, I just call him that because I'm lazy and it's shorter.

And yes, the Polygons, as well as Giant DK and Metal Mario are playable. Not sure about Dark Link though.
Plausibly semi, but I haven't seen him in action enough to really judge. For me, semi just means "clearly takes some of somebody else's moveset, at least a decent amount". Wolf is unique enough by having far less than even 1/4 of Fox's moves I don't count him, and my guess is Wario is the same. So yeah, probably not a semi.

And ah. Pretty nice. I know somebody on Gamebanana suggested Marth. Too bad he wasn't done. The model was pretty good from what I saw. Maybe an issue they've had is reusing ones specifically from N64 games(outside of clear recolors like Dark Samus, who from what I saw in action from the video is quite ncie).

D

Deleted member

Honestly the only movie I can remember from recent memory is The Lego Movie and the 2 other ones that spawned from it(the sequel and the Lego Batman movie)

I just don't really watch much movies, and when I do it's usually just anime movies or rewatching old stuff.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Honestly the only movie I can remember from recent memory is The Lego Movie and the 2 other ones that spawned from it(the sequel and the Lego Batman movie)

I just don't really watch much movies, and when I do it's usually just anime movies or rewatching old stuff.
The Lego Movie and Batman Movie were very good movies let me just say

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I love going to the theaters but the closure and lacks of interesting movies is really bumming me out.

The sooner things go back to normal as possible the better.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Bat Metal Batman was best Batman! Don't @me!!🦇

D

Deleted member

The Lego Movie and Batman Movie were very good movies let me just say
For what it was, The Lego Movie was a goddamn masterpiece of product placement and genuine faithfulness to the source material. You would think a movie all about one of the biggest toy brands in the world would be soulless and garbage but they took the lego and made something amazing. The attention to detail is stellar too. The entire movie is creative with how it uses the product placement which in a ironic way makes perfect sense, considering Legos are all about the freedom of creativity(and this is even reinforcement with the plot)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom