• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
My dad... might be dying. If I’m quieter here, that’s why.

also I once again cannot search for my own posts on this forum. It says no results found.
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you and your dad pull through this tough time of what is ailing him.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It has been two years since the first trailer of Marvel Studio's Avengers Endgame came out:

probably gonna end up being the last biggest movie in history...with theaters slowly dying and all that

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
TBH, the Wii U only really ended up the way it did 'cause of poor gimmick choices and terrible marketing. Not to mention low software output because they were still trying to keep their two console strategy going at the time with the 3DS.

Assuming they stick with the Switch format, I don't really see them flopping a console again anytime soon. :drshrug:
NGL. I kinda wish we were in a timeline where Nintendo had to stop making consoles after the Wii U. A: because I prefer Xbox controllers, and B: could you IMAGINE what they could do with the horsepower of some of these next gen consoles? Oh my god it would be so amazing! And don’t get me wrong, I love my switch. In fact I’m one of those people that wants every game ever made ported to the damn thing because it’s just such a neat little system. But man, I look at Smash Ultimate, then I look at my Xbox One, and then I start daydreaming.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It appears I'm gonna have to stay at my grandparent's house for longer than expected.... need to trash the bunkbed but our dad won't be home for awhile(let alone the room could still have bed bugs in it) so this is gonna be one weird way to end off the year. also started noticing what could potentially be bed bug bites HERE which god knows what will happen if those actually are bug bites.

Why'd it have to be bed bugs, of all things? :nifty:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So to show with the big review of the big game.

Cyberpunk's reviews have came out.

91 isn't too bad. Was always gonna be hard to go up and surpass The Witcher 3. I've already bought it but once Cold Steel IV is finished (very, very close to the end) I think I'll end up more spending time hanging out with the Phantom Thieves and blowing stuff up in Solis (JC4) then being in Night City. Feels like I'm buying it more to tick off the box than to actually play it.

Also Lamperouge Lamperouge I see you have went to Kasumi by the way. Nice pfp.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
NGL. I kinda wish we were in a timeline where Nintendo had to stop making consoles after the Wii U. A: because I prefer Xbox controllers, and B: could you IMAGINE what they could do with the horsepower of some of these next gen consoles? Oh my god it would be so amazing! And don’t get me wrong, I love my switch. In fact I’m one of those people that wants every game ever made ported to the damn thing because it’s just such a neat little system. But man, I look at Smash Ultimate, then I look at my Xbox One, and then I start daydreaming.
The bigger is not always better. Portable consoles are a godsend for smaller developers because they don't have to spend huge amounts just to keep up with the latest graphics. Switch is so popular among indie game studios for a reason.

Plus... Nintendo consoles doesn't hurt Xbox. Just play games on it if that's your preference. More healthy competition among companies is usually better for customers, anyway.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I like being able to play Nintendo games not on the TV, which would be lost if Nintendo went Third Party.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Elevator pitch: Kirby Super Star Ultra Deluxe

An HD remake of Kirby Super Star Ultra with the art style of Star Allies. Spring Breeze and Revenge of the King are made more in line with the original GB game, A new version of Dedede Tour which is basically the same as Meta-Knightmare Ultra, but with King Dedede. Bandana Dee Tour, again, same thing. And some... bigger... new side games.

Nightmare In Dream Land is.. well... exactly what you think it is. A full remake of Kirby’s Adventure/Nightmare In Dream Land. With all of Kirby’s added versatility.

And the three part “Dark Matter Trilogy” game is... well... exactly what you think it is. Remakes of Kirby’s Dream Land 2, 3, and Kirby 64. All with the added versatility from Kirby’s Superstar moveset.

Finally, we have The Great Galactic Gene. Basically a WAY bigger version of Milky Way Wishes, with EVERY copy ability from the entire series (even the ones from the anime) discoverable somewhere in its many planets. The story being that a new chaotic evil force recognizes that Kirby needs to be delt with if he is to conquer the universe. So, using a magic lamp and a genie inside, he wishes this death Galaxy into existence, and traps Kirby in it. Along with EVERY MAJOR BOSS from series history, all desiring to end Kirby thanks to the lamp. Hoping that together, they can end the Pink Puff. Completing the map 100% unlocks a special room with Master and Crazy hand, and beating them unlocks “Smash Mode”. Where Kirby has the conspicuously absent Smash Ability, this time 1-1 with Kirby’s Smash moveset. Level design changes in this mode, and instead of the normal copy abilities hidden, it’s trophies of the entire Smash Ultimate roster. Giving Kirby his copied neutral special from each one.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The bigger is not always better. Portable consoles are a godsend for smaller developers because they don't have to spend huge amounts just to keep up with the latest graphics. Switch is so popular among indie game studios for a reason.

Plus... Nintendo consoles doesn't hurt Xbox. Just play games on it if that's your preference. More healthy competition among companies is usually better for customers, anyway.
No. I just mean, imagine what games Nintendo could make on Xbox or PlayStation. Imagine Breath if the Wild with the full force of Series X behind it? Doesn’t that excite you? The game could be even bigger and look even better. Imagine Smash Ultimate’s graphics on a system powerful enough to render say, fur texture in detail for DK and the like. It’s just so enticing to me. It’s not that I prefer the Xbox. It’s that I want to see how much better Nintendo games could be if they had that added power to back them up.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And IMO was a massive disappointment. In my opinion, agree to disagree.

Avengers: Soap Opera
I like how you not only said IMO twice but I know that the edit here was the nickname. Generally doesn't look good to say "Agree to disagree" before throwing petty insults

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I like being able to play Nintendo games not on the TV, which would be lost if Nintendo went Third Party.
That’s true. I can’t deny that. It’s a big Catch 22. I can’t decide which one is worth it over the other.

Truthfully, I think the most amazing thing would be a mutual partnership between Nintendo and Microsoft that gets both companies games on both platforms. Smash Ultimate 4K Series X port. I want it soooo bad!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So Digimon Hackers memory uses the same Butterfly story that the first Persona game used as a metaphor.

So i guess the Persona vibes this game gives off is intentional.

People think Endgame was bad?
Probably because as a stand alone film it doesnt work because you have to watch literally everything that came before to understand whats going on.

For the record i havent seen Endgame at all, so i dont know if its good or bad.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So Digimon Hackers memory uses the same Butterfly story that the first Persona game used as a metaphor.

Probably because as a stand alone film it doesnt work because you have to watch literally everything that came before to understand whats going on.

You're required to watch IW before Endgame, optimally take a 5-10 minute break in-between because the story flows best.

A few think Endgame is bad, but a hill I will die on is that they simply don't understand the story and how it's meant to be a slower, more somber film until the heroes recover in the second half. The slower plot pacing in Endgame allows the audience and characters to grieve, which helps understand the weight of what just happened in IW. Then, in the second half, there's this build to the climax which really is recorded in the record books as far as endings are concerned. When you have a series ending like that after 11 years of building, especially after IW, the ending better be good. And, Endgame was exactly that. It was such a conclusion to the point where the box office got broke.

I wouldn't be so frustrated when I hear "Endgame is bad" opinions if people weren't so closed minded, but they are, so here I am on my soap box getting annoyed again.

Either way, you know how I feel now. Give Endgame a shot; I think it's worth it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And IMO was a massive disappointment. In my opinion, agree to disagree.

Avengers: Soap Opera
I didn’t like Endgame either. I think Tony (and the writers) forcing them to not change history was very selfish and unheroic. And the ammount of times it was referenced in Far From Home kind of turned me off of the MCU because you just can’t ignore it. I can’t just pretend that the decision I didn’t like didn’t happen and move in because they’re gonna keep shoving it in my face. It ruined the movie for me. With how much time we spent in the sad-verse. I just never got excited at all during the entirety of the rest of the film because that first part drove me so low. I can’t stop thinking about all the hidden implications of it too. Like how many people are going to come back and find it impossible to resume their old lives, get depressed, and then kill themselves. Not just on earth but across the ENTIRE UNIVERSE. Not to mention the amount of people who probably already did because of how horrible a situation Thanos’s Snap was. Hulk didn’t bring THEM back I assure you. Again, the writers wanted the snap to have consequences. But when the characters have a magic glove that can literally do anything (except bring back the person they had to sacrafice to get the soul stone, which would be cheating so I understand), them not even mentioning how people just coming back is going to result in so many ****ed up lives across all of existence, in galaxies they’ve never even heard of let alone been too, just rubs me the wrong way. I could be down with the whole “no changing history” thing if they had gotten off their asses and did it all in like, a week. But no. The writers/directors had to be all “waaaaaah! The tv show brought Coulson back! Death needs to be meaningful!” and go WAY too overboard. Remember guys. They’re working with super heroes. The genre where the afterlife is very famously a revolving door. Yes. Death should have meaning in a story. But this was just too big to keep in your timeline. I don’t care how cute Tony’s Kid is or how she’s going to grow up to be Iron Maiden.

And also, huge missed opportunity. Picking up the hammer is how Thor puts on his costume. So picking up the hammer should have given steve a new costume. Really wanted to see Captain Asgard.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I didn’t like Endgame either. I think Tony (and the writers) forcing them to not change history was very selfish and unheroic. And the ammount of times it was referenced in Far From Home kind of turned me off of the MCU because you just can’t ignore it. I can’t just pretend that the decision I didn’t like didn’t happen and move in because they’re gonna keep shoving it in my face. It ruined the movie for me. With how much time we spent in the sad-verse. I can’t stop thinking about all the hidden implications of it too. Like how many people are going to come back and find it impossible to resume their old lives, get depressed, and then kill themselves. Not just on earth but across the ENTIRE UNIVERSE. Not to mention the amount of people who probably already did because of how horrible a situation Thanos’s Snap was. Hulk didn’t bring THEM back I assure you. Again, the writers wanted the snap to have consequences. But when the characters have a magic glove that can literally do anything (except bring back the person they had to sacrafice to get the soul stone, which would be cheating so I understand), them not even mentioning how people just coming back is going to result in so many ****ed up lives across all of existence, in galaxies they’ve never even heard of let alone been too, just rubs me the wrong way. I could be down with the whole “no changing history” thing if they had gotten off their asses and did it all in like, a week. But no. The writers/directors had to be all “waaaaaah! The tv show brought Coulson back! Death needs to be meaningful!” and go WAY too overboard. Remember guys. They’re working with super heroes. The genre where the afterlife is very famously a revolving door. Yes. Death should have meaning in a story. But this was just too big to keep in your timeline. I don’t care how cute Tony’s Kid is or how she’s going to grow up to be Iron Maiden.
I would say my reasons why I didn't like the film too but I already have multiple times in the past so no point repeating myself and ranting again.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
By the way, too I didn't hate Endgame, I just thought it was disappointing.

Those are my final thoughts.
I mean. Bro same. But I still did it. Man I’m just glad DC is making good movies again. The DCEU has effectively replaced the MCU, in my mind at least.
Much looking forward to The Suicide Squad (Due to Gunn directing and King Shark), Shazam 2 and Black Adam.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
By the way, too I didn't hate Endgame, I just thought it was disappointing.

Those are my final thoughts.

Much looking forward to The Suicide Squad (Due to Gunn directing and King Shark), Shazam 2 and Black Adam.
Black Adam, not so much for me (villain movies = bad idea) but Suicide Squad and Shazam? Absolutely. Not to mention Flash, Wonder Woman 2, and Aquaman 2. I would say The Batman, but apparently that isn’t part of it anymore. Making its existence feel very pointless to me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Black Adam, not so much for me (villain movies = bad idea) but Suicide Squad and Shazam? Absolutely. Not to mention Flash, Wonder Woman 2, and Aquaman 2. I would say The Batman, but apparently that isn’t part of it anymore. Making its existence feel very pointless to me.
For me, I'm anticipated for Black Adam because of Dwayne Johnson, and its also set in ancient history (Ancient Egypt in this case). I'm a sucker for history apparently.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
For me, I'm anticipated for Black Adam because of Dwayne Johnson, and its also set in ancient history (Ancient Egypt in this case). I'm a sucker for history apparently.
I can see that. I just don’t like the idea of a movie where I have to root for a homicidal authoritarian insane super-god is all.

I’m also curious how they’re gonna handle Batman and Superman in the DCEU. You can’t have it without them, they’re too big. But... I don’t know. The Batman not being a part of it anymore really confuses me.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
People think Endgame was bad?
I think it is bad. But that is because I am not a huge fan of time travel plots being smashed into a series. It opens way to many questions and plot holes. I also hate that Endgame effectively erases all of infinity war's main point. It was just not satisfying for me.

So if I ever get the urge to watch the MCU, I trim the fat and avoid quite a few films that dont add. Endgame being one of them. series ended fine on Infinity war.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The price we pay for Nintendo systems to not be ridiculously expensive. Imagine if the Switch was as powerful as other current gen consoles (without bursting into flames) and how much they'd cost, especially considering Nintendo doesn't sell their consoles at a loss.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No. I just mean, imagine what games Nintendo could make on Xbox or PlayStation. Imagine Breath if the Wild with the full force of Series X behind it? Doesn’t that excite you? The game could be even bigger and look even better. Imagine Smash Ultimate’s graphics on a system powerful enough to render say, fur texture in detail for DK and the like. It’s just so enticing to me. It’s not that I prefer the Xbox. It’s that I want to see how much better Nintendo games could be if they had that added power to back them up.
I would literally hate all of that. I want unique gaming not every console being the same thing. Besides, not everyone is gonna be able to get that 4K/8K/9001K setup and needs to have super detailed graphics for their games when it won’t be needed for every single thing...especially not Smash when there’s bigger priorities
I thought Endgame was extremely enjoyable and a satisfying conclusion to that storyline.
it was amazing to watch, especially when Spidey shows up and entire theater rooms break the **** down then break even further during the Avengers Assemble

it is a godly conclusion to the first story of the MCU (Infinity Saga), and is just too attaching in a good way
I think it is bad. But that is because I am not a huge fan of time travel plots being smashed into a series. It opens way to many questions and plot holes. I also hate that Endgame effectively erases all of infinity war's main point. It was just not satisfying for me.

So if I ever get the urge to watch the MCU, I trim the fat and avoid quite a few films that dont add. Endgame being one of them. series ended fine on Infinity war.
ending with half the universe ****ing dying with the full knowledge of multiple movies following it...and even without it Infinity War is not an ending you would want for such a massive movie franchise. Endgame was the perfect ending for the beginnings of the MCU, and helps with making tons of stories for the future

D

Deleted member

I would literally hate all of that. I want unique gaming not every console being the same thing. Besides, not everyone is gonna be able to get that 4K/8K/9001K setup and needs to have super detailed graphics for their games when it won’t be needed for every single thing...especially not Smash when there’s bigger priorities
Hard agree. I don't really give a damn if a game is 4k 160 fps RTX with all of this fancy stuff, if anything, I prefer it when games take a more interesting approach and don't just hop on the max graphics bandwagon.

One of the reasons I love Nintendo games is simply because, out of pretty much every other big company, there games have this very vibrant feel and when compared to the generic hyper-realistic games of every era, makes them stand out a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom