• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
What do you do in Superman 64:
Fly through rings. At least 50% of the 14 levels are rings!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I am not as experienced with DC movies, but I swear I have heard of three Wonder Woman movies that had this title.
same movie...way too many delays within 2 years
I have watched quite a few of the DCEU films and the only decent one that I watched is the first Wonder Woman.
watch Shazam, BoP, and Aquaman...then of course The Suicide Squad when it comes out next year
Aquaman was pretty good.

And I did enjoy Man of Steel despite the mixed reception.
MoS could’ve had a better final act
Didn't bother watching Birds of Prey.
A2E16F12-25F7-4ECF-8F99-A8DFB0365613.jpeg
say sike right now
That moment when you realize Lego Batman was more faithful to the Batman we all know than DCEU Batman was.
idk if I’d go that far into dissing Batfleck
Bat Metal Batman was best Batman! Don't @me!!🦇
@me
For what it was, The Lego Movie was a goddamn masterpiece of product placement and genuine faithfulness to the source material. You would think a movie all about one of the biggest toy brands in the world would be soulless and garbage but they took the lego and made something amazing. The attention to detail is stellar too. The entire movie is creative with how it uses the product placement which in a ironic way makes perfect sense, considering Legos are all about the freedom of creativity(and this is even reinforcement with the plot)
from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs to Lego Movie(s) to Spider-Verse movie franchise...these big money plays tho

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yes because that's what people know about Punisher, being merciful in situations
Do you mean like the crook he killed when first introduced?

Which doesn't even make sense. If this Batman kills? How is it that universes Joker is still alive by this point?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Do you mean like the crook he killed when first introduced?

Which doesn't even make sense. If this Batman kills? How is it that universes Joker is still alive by this point?
A lot of it's based on a misinterpretation of a scene from The Dark Knight Returns, where it looks like Batman killed someone when there was no other option. (the goon in question turns up later in the background, though I'm not sure how minor of a detail that is - I haven't read the Dark Knight Returns, since the art style isn't appealing to me)

Most of Batman's "killing" in the DCEU were either against Parademons (where it's questionable if they're fully alive/conscious - by my understanding, they're like giant insects or zombies) or in a dream sequence/vision of a post-apocalyptic future. (which doesn't count, since it's a nightmare of some sort) I think he killed some people with the Batmobile, but that seems to be an issue with using the Batmobile in live action from a general standpoint. He did the same sort of thing in the Burton movies, and even in Batman Begins and the Dark Knight Rises. (he definitely killed some people during the ending chase in the latter movie)

Some of the blows that he landed in the warehouse fight looked painful, and possibly fatal, but that's the case with a lot of portrayals of Batman - things like slamming into someone with the Batmobile, or breaking their arm and leaving them lying in the snow, or detonating explosive gel right beneath them could potentially be fatal.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
A lot of it's based on a misinterpretation of a scene from The Dark Knight Returns, where it looks like Batman killed someone when there was no other option. (the goon in question turns up later in the background, though I'm not sure how minor of a detail that is - I haven't read the Dark Knight Returns, since the art style isn't appealing to me)

Most of Batman's "killing" in the DCEU were either against Parademons (where it's questionable if they're fully alive/conscious - by my understanding, they're like giant insects or zombies) or in a dream sequence/vision of a post-apocalyptic future. (which doesn't count, since it's a nightmare of some sort) I think he killed some people with the Batmobile, but that seems to be an issue with using the Batmobile in live action from a general standpoint. He did the same sort of thing in the Burton movies, and even in Batman Begins and the Dark Knight Rises. (he definitely killed some people during the ending chase in the latter movie)

Some of the blows that he landed in the warehouse fight looked painful, and possibly fatal, but that's the case with a lot of portrayals of Batman - things like slamming into someone with the Batmobile, or breaking their arm and leaving them lying in the snow, or detonating explosive gel right beneath them could potentially be fatal.
That's the thing. His whole character is that he doesn't kill. And yet here he is. Parademons, ok understandable, as they aren't human. But there's no excuse on a whole load of people who definitely died during Batman V Superman.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That's the thing. His whole character is that he doesn't kill. And yet here he is. Parademons, ok understandable, as they aren't human. But there's no excuse on a whole load of people who definitely died during Batman V Superman.

Batman killing people, or intentionally letting them die, isn't something that's unique to Batman v. Superman.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
nearly every superhero who has been in the game for some time has had some sort of connection to killing somebody (accidentally or not)
I am be angerous now!!
don’t hurt me
Why? They pretty much turned him into the Punisher, heck I'd call him BatPunisher if anything and only became bros with Superman because their mothers had the same name.
well the others said most of what was needed, but even recently Batman has nearly caused someone to die on purpose (being KGBeast when he shot him and was willing to let him bleed out to death, and when he decided to save Harley from blowing herself up over continuing to keep saving Joker)

eDiT: also this

that Batmobile sure is a heartless sum *****

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I know that. I never expect a company to act like a person. But like... I don’t know. Isn’t the strategy when people or organizations start behaving in this way to put a strangle hold on them and choke off their supply of blood money until they shrivel up and die? Isn’t that what we’re supposed to do? Isn’t that standard protocol?
Nintendo games sell so much that your $60 doesn't really matter. I don't see any issue in buying them

D

Deleted member

I'm bored so I'm gonna try and make one of those simulator games I hate so much on roblox. It can't be that hard, right?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gonna play some more Okami today.

It's also one week away until Season 2 of Hilda premieres. I'm gonna re-watch the first season again to get ready. I love that show, like Okami it's really breathtaking and anyone that has NetFlix I recommend it.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
If we want Nintendo to change, they're gonna have to have another console failure so they have to cave into fan demands to keep it afloat.

The Switch isn't that.
TBH, the Wii U only really ended up the way it did 'cause of poor gimmick choices and terrible marketing. Not to mention low software output because they were still trying to keep their two console strategy going at the time with the 3DS.

Assuming they stick with the Switch format, I don't really see them flopping a console again anytime soon. :drshrug:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My dad... might be dying. If I’m quieter here, that’s why.

also I once again cannot search for my own posts on this forum. It says no results found.
damn, I’m sorry to hear that, hope he can get better: I wish the best for you and your family especially during already hard times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom