• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
One of the new things I drew was another attempt at Shantae. Tried mixing designs from multiple games. It came out fairly solid. I should be able to draw the character a bit better the next time I try it.

I got another drawing I want to post tomorrow, so you guys will see it then.

KillerCage

Smash Master
So here is the first actual trailer for the upcoming live-action Monster Hunter film starring former Resident Evil star Milla Jovovich alongside Tony Jaa:

My thoughts: Visuals of the monsters look great, very unsure about the film's story.
The monsters look fine to me.
BUT!
I'm not a fan of the film's premise.
They turned Monster Hunter into a Isakei!

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if it's the right place to ask here, but I've got a problem with my Steve download.
The character works perfect I just can't seem to farm resources with neutral B. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? CPUs can farm just fine, but when I do it, it just does the animation and I gain no resources. I tried reloading the update, but it did not change.
Is anyone else having this problem? Or am I doing something wrong?

D

Deleted member

I don't know if it's the right place to ask here, but I've got a problem with my Steve download.
The character works perfect I just can't seem to farm resources with neutral B. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? CPUs can farm just fine, but when I do it, it just does the animation and I gain no resources. I tried reloading the update, but it did not change.
Mind if you record yourself trying to mine with Steve? Wanna rule out a controller issue.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure it's not the controller, it behaved the same with Pro Controller and Joycons. And he does the animation (i.e. using the pickaxe on the ground) but no resources pop up. I first thought the biomes were missing in the update, but it works just fine for the cpu.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Are you pressing or holding B?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Been playing more Super Mario 64 lately. Currently, sit at 58 stars.

Completed Bom-omb Fields, Whomp's Fortress, Cool Cool Mountain, Jolly Roger Bay, Hazy Maze Cave, and Lethal Lava Land. Attempting to complete 100%.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Oh my god, I feel so stupid! I repeatedly pressed the button, but I have to hold it.
Thanks so much for the quick help everyone.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Gonna get back to X-Men Legends 2 soon. I want to at least start act 2. And then try to get Deadpool to catch up with the other members of my Main team. It's harder to play catch up in the earlier MUA/XML games compared to MUA3, that's for sure.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Personal question here, would you agree to customer service being the worst job to ever apply for? It’s been on my mind for a little awhile today.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Personal question here, would you agree to customer service being the worst job to ever apply for? It’s been on my mind for a little awhile today.
It probably depends on the type of person you are. Sometimes customers can be really rude or difficult. but someone who's really extroverted and loves working with people might enjoy a position like that despite that.

Personally I'd never take a position in customer service, but I know it's a job that both of my sisters would enjoy.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Nah. Retail or fast food exists in my view. Customer Service wouldn't be that bad.

I'm personally a IT behind the scenes the guy or hope to work in a library. Feeling better does come first though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just defeated the Ender Dragon spirit on my first try...

By side-B'ing onto the stage, causing Ridley to hit the wall on the left side of the stage & not getting out of hitsun or somethin' in time before he just...died.

In other words, quite the anti-climax.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That Monster Hunter movie trailer doesn't look bad (note I haven't played the games outside of demos) but not too much of them using military weapons.

But will it join the ranks of Detective Pikachu, Sonic, and Angry Birds 2 as a good game movie is the big question. We'll see.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I just saw someone using Palutena against Steve, and the block they put at the ledge instantly broke when she teleported to grap onto it. It's possible that it doesn't gimp if you telerport right in the place to grab the ledge.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So just watched From Up on Poppy Hill for the first time in about three years.
Doing an anime film night to distract myself from my liver irritation.

1602708647040.png

Probably my favourite Studio Ghibli film of all time which is tough considering the likes of My Neighbour Totoro or When Marnie Was There are also pretty amazing.
Just love how the plot is simple, the time period is amazing (would love to visit 60s/70s Japan) and well animated. And the music. Damn it's wonderful.

Don't know what else I'll watch tonight but I'm gonna venture off into anime films for a while.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey this thread seems pretty chill

I guess I’ll introduce myself to those who don’t know me, I’m Ninty and I’ve been infrequent on this site for awhile, this thread seems rather relaxed from what I’ve skimmed through though so I may pop in every now and then

Steve has been pretty fun from what I’ve played, he has a high learning curve and it takes a lot of brainpower, but when you pull it off it’s really satisfying

I’m enjoying him thus far

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I guess I’ll introduce myself to those who don’t know me, I’m Ninty and I’ve been infrequent on this site for awhile, this thread seems rather relaxed from what I’ve skimmed through though so I may pop in every now and then

Steve has been pretty fun from what I’ve played, he has a high learning curve and it takes a lot of brainpower, but when you pull it off it’s really satisfying

Welcome to this place, hopefully, you will enjoy your time here.

And yeah, Steve is looking really fun, if really complex at the moment.

Already seen some nasty tech/combo here and there, looking forward to see more.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just saw someone using Palutena against Steve, and the block they put at the ledge instantly broke when she teleported to grap onto it. It's possible that it doesn't gimp if you telerport right in the place to grab the ledge.
I saw a clip earlier of Pit breaking through some dirt blocks with his up special too.

I think I have a guess as to what's going on here. Sakurai showed in the Steve overview that jumping into blocks can damage or break them Mario style. Hitting the bottom of a block with an up special must count towards that.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I saw a clip earlier of Pit breaking through some dirt blocks with his up special too.

I think I have a guess as to what's going on here. Sakurai showed in the Steve overview that jumping into blocks can damage or break them Mario style. Hitting the bottom of a block with an up special must count towards that.
They dont have enough power to do it in one hit unless it's cracked a lot. I think they programmed that if a block is put at the ledge, it can break either easily or of a character would snap to the ledge.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Not very impressed so far, going off the trailer it seems to be a very generic 'humans get locked in strange world with strange creatures' type story with nothing too special otherwise. In terms of how it translates Monster Hunter in particular, they have the monsters and I'll admit they look good (though Nerscylla could be better), but they don't have the spirit of the series as it draws little from how the world works or functions within itself or expands on what it is. It just a coat of paint to make it more attractive to casual viewers, which will work in getting them, but it does come off as superficial.

In short, it just seems to be a typical video game adaptation.
Whilst like you said, I am impressed with some of the monster designs and I do agree with you on the bolded. I also noticed that the film is directed by Paul W.S. Anderson who seems to have a rather spotty record in which I somewhat do not have much faith in him doing the Monster Hunter film.

D

Deleted member

12k posts? wow it's not everyday someone who has been that inactive returns lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom