• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Haven't been able to get Steve yet.

What do all you fine folk think of the character so far?
I think they're fun.

Faced a bunch online as well and they haven't been too annoying.

D

Deleted member

It's the first day of going to in person school and already the bus is late. LMAO.

Also my phone is still locked so I'm gonna have to dust off the ole hotspot. Hopefully I don't run out of data....

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If datamining of Sword/Shield and Home tell us anything, here are some noteworthy things could be in The Crown Tundra:
New Pokémon and forms to be exact

• "Hakuba"
  • "Kokuba"
  • Calyrex form related to Hakuba
  • Calyrex form related to Kokuba
  • Jynx form

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So some proper thoughts on Steve.

Steve is a pretty fun character, has some decent moves that are quite useful. Love his bair which is super strong. He's got some good throws, uthrow and fthrow seem the strongest. TNT is interesting, you can just leave it as is for stage control, or set a trail to detonate at a distance, and you can smack it around. Fire attacks unsurprisingly automatically detonate his TNT. His attacks are decently quick, especially with Gold weapons, but they lack range, even though he can move around while attacking pretty easily, his lack of range could be a bit of a downside for his character against certain matchups. All of my most used characters can easily wall out Steve either with projectiles are larger disjoints which could be a problem for Steve to actually when he needs to. He may not do too well against characters that force you to approach or characters that are just in your face constantly.
Steve has the tools to make space for himself when needed and using the Minecart to push people away or force options to punish can make him a rather tricky character when he's just camping. Helps that other players can't camp his crafting table since he can just Sheild+B to use it on any surface whenever he needs. His recovery is jank AF. Really bad when under the stage unless you're far enough into the corner, but even then he's completely vulnerable. You want to recover high with Steve since he can mix up his recovery better with Side B and blocks His minecart gets a little boost if you have gold it seems, so you can throw it out pretty quickly if you've been mining.

His blocks don't seem to be as big of a deal since they don't last long and are eaten by hitboxes pretty easily. At for the characters I use. Min Min is the exception but if Min Min's close enough to recover she can throw out attacks to distrupt attempted edgeguards pretty easily anyways. Although I did block a Greninja player with his blocks so it's still good to try it against certain characters but I don't think it's going to be much of a matchup killer. Still way too early to tell if he's going to be a big threat competitively but I don't see him being a Top Tier, perhaps high tier.

Overall, while he's pretty fun, I don't think I'll be picking him up, cept for maybe some casual trolling. I have a good enough grasp to play with him effectively for fun but not on the same level of anyone else I use.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I can relate.

Keep in mind, you are the one that will likely ever spend the most time looking at your art and at every single piece of detail all from nothing to final. You are more liable to notice the faults, "faults", in your work that other people either wouldn't see, or wouldn't even see as faults.

You are your own harshest critique!

If what you made wasn't your intention, then take that opportunity to gauge what you need to work on.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL why can I challenge villagers to fights in Octopath Traveller. What does it accomplish?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
LOL why can I challenge villagers to fights in Octopath Traveller. What does it accomplish?
Some of them you have to beat up in order to gain access to their homes, often times leading to some fairly valuable loot.

Other than that? EXP grinding, I guess.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I got to my favorite point in Battle network 5.

Where Regal takes Megaman and corrupts him into his minion and you play as Colonel for the entirety of it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Some of them you have to beat up in order to gain access to their homes, often times leading to some fairly valuable loot.

Other than that? EXP grinding, I guess.
AH, so I gotta beat them up before I can loot their homes.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So Phasmophobia seems to be the next big hit on Steam, Youtube, Twitch and the like this year after Fall Guys and Among Us (though the former's considerably less active in mainstream media).

Which along with it being a multiplayer Horror game that may be at it's peak during October, makes me wonder if it's another game I should get.

...At the same time, I really want to focus on finishing my current backlog of games, or at least come really close to finishing it. I've spent enough time playing Among Us since first getting it (I never did go and buy Fall Guys however, as the gameplay didn't look appealing to me, crossover costumes aside) I have TF2 and Overwatch's respective Halloween events to focus on this month, and I have no idea how much time I could sink into playing this new game if I decided to buy it lol.

That's my first world problem of the day.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I feel I must share this video so that all Steve main on this thread can see it.

See here

Notably, TheMightyP TheMightyP , I feel like this video could help you greatly, feel free to share it to other Steve main you know too.

Just....don't watch the ending, it's kinda of cursed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So Phasmophobia seems to be the next big hit on Steam, Youtube, Twitch and the like this year after Fall Guys and Among Us (though the former's considerably less active in mainstream media).

Which along with it being a multiplayer Horror game that may be at it's peak during October, makes me wonder if it's another game I should get.

...At the same time, I really want to focus on finishing my current backlog of games, or at least come really close to finishing it. I've spent enough time playing Among Us since first getting it (I never did go and buy Fall Guys however, as the gameplay didn't look appealing to me, crossover costumes aside) I have TF2 and Overwatch's respective Halloween events to focus on this month, and I have no idea how much time I could sink into playing this new game if I decided to buy it lol.

That's my first world problem of the day.
Honestly I've been a big fan of random obscure game getting a huge spotlight randomly. Much more interesting than the same 5 franchises being the only games talked about.

That aside... Fall Guys is a hot mess right now. No wonder it's fallen out of relevance. Among Us is overall a much better experience and is cheaper.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Honestly I've been a big fan of random obscure game getting a huge spotlight randomly. Much more interesting than the same 5 franchises being the only games talked about.

That aside... Fall Guys is a hot mess right now. No wonder it's fallen out of relevance. Among Us is overall a much better experience and is cheaper.
I haven't been following Fall Guys in the media at all, and like I said I never even bought it. So, out of curiosity... what happened to it?

It's nice to see newer, individual, sometimes previously obscure titles getting plenty of attention and love, though. Among Us does have some cheating problems right now, but hopefully the major update fixes that. I agree that it's a good and cheaper experience, though. The pandemic may have been a factor in it's popularity since the game relies heavily on communication to work, but nevertheless I think it's gameplay is unique and palatable enough that most people will stick around to continue playing it (even if less frequently) after it's initial surge in popularity ends. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Finished Mario Sunshine.

It's my childhood Mario game but it's definitely more flawed than I remember, there were a lot of jank moments solely because of the physics in this game freaking out. There were also super annoying levels like the Pachinko and certain missions, but overall my view of the game is still positive, this **** can apparently cure depression. The best thing about this game is easily the platforming, you have so much control with FLUDD it's insane. If the physics aren't being jank, Mario controls buttery smooth and always accurate, so at least in that department, this game excels in. It's honestly more control than the stuff you can do in Odyssey, the possibilities for certain things is endless. The replay value feels a bit low though, as the linear structure of the story and requirements to finish the game take a lot of work and focus on a specific level, rather than 64 or Galaxy or Odyssey going "**** man waste five minutes, get a random star, i don't care, go crazy".

Delfino Plaza as a HUB world is honestly great, there are so many little secrets and Shines you can find. It's probably the best HUB in any 3D Mario thus far. My favorite stage was probably Noki Bay for its environment and story progression inside its missions. My least favorite was Bianco Hills, not because of anything bad, it's just a meh starter stage, definitely no Bob-Omb Battlefield or Fossil Falls. My favorite missions were anything boss-related like the Eel or Manta Ray (as annoying as the boss fight was). My least favorite level: Chuckster. Probably a lot of others' as well.

All in all a solid 8/10, still holds up.

D

Deleted member

I haven't been following Fall Guys in the media at all, and like I said I never even bought it. So, out of curiosity... what happened to it?
Essentially the game is a hot mess gameplay wise. Very few people are gonna want to play the same... like 10 minigames over and over, especially with the jank physics being a big dumb sometimes and straight up not working. So what do the devs do? They just slap a few reskinned minigames in and call it a day. Doesn't fix the problem, and also murders the replay value. In addition... playing with friends is a horribly dumb system because if you die... well.. you just have to sit there and wait until they finish or quene for your own game. Fall guys had alot going for it but it's mostly on the devs: given a few more minigames, some better physics, and a better party system it probably woulda lasted longer. As is it's slowly falling back into obscurity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom