• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Here's a funny thing to think about.

In the Persona games its established that basically everything these characters experience is canon somehow. Including when they jump into different worlds.

Meaning that Joker has canonically battled against Minecraft steve.

D

Deleted member

It's been surprisingly hard to find an MMORPG that has good combat and also not realistic in terms of artstyle. Literally the only thing I've found even remotely close to what I'm looking for is Trove lmao

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That second card is awfully out of context.
M Sachiko-Ex is based off Sachiko Kobayashi, a singer who has done some music for Pokémon.

If this wasn't a banned card for competitive TCG it is actually impossible to use this card due to it needs a non-existing regular Sachiko card for that to happen.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I got no response so I'll assume it's fine. I'll do some more tweaking before I actually replace the sig.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I seriously need to talk to someone who actually gives a ****.

I'm this close to ending it.

Please.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
alright my new sig is up and-

I seriously need to talk to someone who actually gives a ****.

I'm this close to ending it.

Please.
If the Suicide Hotline isn't your style I can always try because dying is not the move you want to be making.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
alright my new sig is up and-

If the Suicide Hotline isn't your style I can always try because dying is not the move you want to be making.
It's people reading off of cards. They don't actually give a ****, and why should they? I'm just some miserable stranger. They don't know how that nothing I do works. Nothing I ever do works...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's people reading off of cards. They don't actually give a ****, and why should they? I'm just some miserable stranger. They don't know how that nothing I do works. Nothing I ever do works...
If they truly didn't give a ****, they wouldn't be working there, and the Hotline wouldn't even exist. Reading off of cards is a small fraction of a necessary evil when these people have to help people as a career. Don't think of it as them not caring for you, think of it as them using a template that has helped millions since its inception. They are trained for this, I am just a dude. This is far from my first time tackling suicide prevention myself, and I'll tell you something, you have to work so goddamn hard to not lose people. The burden you'd have on you if you lost someone, no matter if you've never seen them before in person or even know them, is ****ing heavy man. We do care, and sometimes we need tools and structure to get through this complicated mess with baby steps at a time.

Do not throw this website into chaos by throwing your own life. Things can get better if you assess the situation and figure things out. Perhaps all you need is to not be alone on this situation. But then again, my knowledge of these details is currently limited.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If they truly didn't give a ****, they wouldn't be working there, and the Hotline wouldn't even exist. Reading off of cards is a small fraction of a necessary evil when these people have to help people as a career. Don't think of it as them not caring for you, think of it as them using a template that has helped millions since its inception. They are trained for this, I am just a dude. This is far from my first time tackling suicide prevention myself, and I'll tell you something, you have to work so goddamn hard to not lose people. The burden you'd have on you if you lost someone, no matter if you've never seen them before in person or even know them, is ****ing heavy man. We do care, and sometimes we need tools and structure to get through this complicated mess with baby steps at a time.

Do not throw this website into chaos by throwing your own life. Things can get better if you assess the situation and figure things out. Perhaps all you need is to not be alone on this situation. But then again, my knowledge of these details is currently limited.
Forget I said anything

I won't bother you anymore

I'm sorry

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Forget I said anything

I won't bother you anymore

I'm sorry
You're not bothering anybody here.

You see how there are plenty of people here who want to help you?

We want to see what we can do to encourage you and give you the aid that you need. If people here were truly bothered, then you wouldn't be seeing all these people here right now.

So how can we help you? What are you struggling through? How can we encourage you?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm not getting any more responses, hopefully, nothing bad's happened. I'm gonna go get something to eat and head back here in like 5.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Responses came down to a trickle, so I assume he is talking to someone else now. I'm gonna dip from the website for a good minute, today's been a doozy.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey Swamp Sensei. Whatever might be happening, just know you got friends here. If you need to talk about it, now would probably be the best time.
I'm sick and tired of people patronizing me like I'm some sort of idiot.

People don't care for me.

You people don't even notice when I'm gone. You never hit me up. If I didn't force myself into conversations I'd just never appear in peoples minds.

Everyone suddenly says they care when I raise a stink and sure for a couple days they might go out of their way to talk to me. But it's only because they don't want a suicide on their hands. We've all been taught that its bad. You're reacting to the suicide. Not me.

Even still, I thought for a long time, I could just power through. Even if I had to force myself into things, it's still okay cause I'm not being forced out.

But I've been lieing to myself. Whereever I go, people can't stand me. No matter how hard I try. My coworkers have always found me obnoxious and a load. My friends talk behind me back. Even the moderation has bluntly told me they don't respect me.

So please, stop saying people care about me. They don't. This ****ing post got more likes than I got pms for crying out loud.

So please stop lying to me.

I can't take it anymore.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

You people don't even notice when I'm gone. You never hit me up. If I didn't force myself into conversations I'd just never appear in peoples minds.

Everyone suddenly says they care when I raise a stink and sure for a couple days they might go out of their way to talk to me. But it's only because they don't want a suicide on their hands. We've all been taught that its bad. You're reacting to the suicide. Not me.

Even still, I thought for a long time, I could just power through. Even if I had to force myself into things, it's still okay cause I'm not being forced out.

But I've been lieing to myself. Whereever I go, people can't stand me. No matter how hard I try. My coworkers have always found me obnoxious and a load. My friends talk behind me back. Even the moderation has bluntly told me they don't respect me.

So please, stop saying people care about me. They don't. This ****ing post got more likes than I got pms for crying out loud.

I can't take it anymore.
I remember a few years back I felt the same until I finally told my family and got the help I needed. Have you thought of doing that? I suggest seeing a therapist too as that could help, I did the exact same and have been doing much better since then.

I assure you that you're much stronger than you realize, and will be so if you do as I had. I really hope things gets better for you.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got further along in X-Men Legends 2. Hard Mode is pretty manageable, for the MOST part. But every once in a while, you get into a room of enemies that'll just body you without much warning. I'm trying to Level up Deadpool more, since he's got a healing factor, projectiles and can teleport. I think each member of my team has a decent role though.

Why make a green variant?
Because it's Green Devil from Mega Man 8.
It's actually meant to be Gameboy colors. The Green Devil from MM8 has a more vivid hue. I probably should have specified that.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I can't take it anymore.
Swamp....you're not giving yourself enough credit. And you're underestimating your value as a human being. A lot of what you're feeling is more than likely a projection of how you view yourself onto others. There's no reason for so many people in your life to act this way unless you yourself are acting as if that's how they view you, which forms a cycle of confirmation bias. Those who genuinely treat you poorly, don't deserve to have you in their life, you have to have enough respect for yourself to understand this.

Look, I don't exactly know what you were expecting by posting here in the first place, if you're just going to push people out when they try to respond to your plea, but the fact that you posted at all shows you still give enough of a damn to want the help. We can only do so much for you from where we are at this current situation but the people here at the very least, at the very least, are helping you in the best way they think they can. Ultimately it is up to you to not give up on yourself, even if things aren't doing so well for you and things may seem hopeless that doesn't mean things can't get better later on, but that is entirely up to you to make those things better for yourself. Not saying that no one is going to be there for you when you need it but I'm saying you have the power within yourself to make those changes.

Life is worth living, it's not something that should be cast away because once it's gone there's no coming back. And ending it all is the only guarantee that things will never get better.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You are the strongest, most important person in your entire life. Life has a bunch of highs and lows, but no matter how low you can feel, just remember that there's no mountain to tall to climb, the bottom isn't the end. The only way you know there's a bottom is if there's a top that you can climb right back up.

Take time to look after yourself, trust me, nobody ever wants to die. I know someone who was very close to following through, and they regret every moment of that, so believe me when I say it's not worth it. And I can say that they are a much stronger and powerful person than they have ever been back then. So please, don't. This isn't a "we don't want a suicide on our hands situation", we're telling you this because you deserve to live your life out to the fullest. You are great, powerful, and you can do amazing things in the future. Life might be utter **** now, but that is never, EVER, your fault. And that goes to anyone who ever completates suicide in this thread. Please, look after yourself, talk to a therapist or call a hotline; they don't read card, they're specifically trained to help you climb that mountain, not just show you the motions. Most of them have been in the same place at one point of their life, so they're understanding, very patient, and will help immensly.

Here is a list of every single suicide hotline available
Wikipedia link

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Swamp....you're not giving yourself enough credit. And you're underestimating your value as a human being. A lot of what you're feeling is more than likely a projection of how you view yourself onto others. There's no reason for so many people in your life to act this way unless you yourself are acting as if that's how they view you, which forms a cycle of confirmation bias. Those who genuinely treat you poorly, don't deserve to have you in their life, you have to have enough respect for yourself to understand this.

Look, I don't exactly know what you were expecting by posting here in the first place, if you're just going to push people out when they try to respond to your plea, but the fact that you posted at all shows you still give enough of a damn to want the help. We can only do so much for you from where we are at this current situation but the people here at the very least, at the very least, are helping you in the best way they think they can. Ultimately it is up to you to not give up on yourself, even if things aren't doing so well for you and things may seem hopeless that doesn't mean things can't get better later on, but that is entirely up to you to make those things better for yourself. Not saying that no one is going to be there for you when you need it but saying you have the power within yourself to make those changes.

Life is worth living, it's not something that should be cast away because once it's gone there's no coming back. And ending it all is the only guarantee that things will never get better.
Heck, for the last two weeks I've been suffering deep anxiety given my recent move into my new place but no matter what, I've continued to live life as it is.

Life is very valuable and no matter the situation or what one might go through it is worth cherishing especially when you have loved ones that cares for you.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
To anyone out there who's hurting, it's not a sign of weakness to ask for help, it's a sign of strength. They can't help you if they don't know you need it, ask for help to fight another day.

And never forget there's always light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how dark it currently seems.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I can't take it anymore.
Obviously, there's only so much we can really know from someone's online persona. So I'm unsure how to really help with real-life issues. But we've always been fairly cool with each other, so I was pretty damn happy when you came back here. I know stuff like that isn't gonna help a ton, but it is true. I keep to myself a lot, but if you do want to talk to me, you can. I remember that you would try to help others when they were feeling down, so I think it's the least the rest of us can do for you. Trying out new things is fine and all, but I would say forcing yourself into uncomfortable situations isn't exactly the best course of action.

Having a close knit group of people to care about is better than trying to fit in with large chunks of people. Real ones, that'll accept you flaws and all. It's usually better to be yourself than to get all buddy buddy with people. You might make friends more slowly that way, but it should be more worthwhile. I know all of this is easier said than done.

Again, I know how hard it is to open up to people online like this. There's only so much each of us shares about ourselves.

And if people here, don't respect you, one of the nicest dudes I know on this site, then **** 'em. There's way more annoying people online and on this site. I actually do respect you because I've seen you try to act as a shoulder for other people. And that's not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom