• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
New Minecraft snapshot with Grimstone.

And new ore textures.

Diamond ore was kept the same though, due to it being iconic; a nice reason, but looks a bit out of place in the image on the website, haven’t tried the snapshot yet though. New versions of the ores that blend with the grimstone will be in a future snapshot.

Grimstone seems to have every block variant that stone has, except buttons and mossy/cracked variants at least for now. The stone generates below Y=0. Still no Deep Dark, but this is that biome’s stone.

edit: also, grimstone is a bit tougher to mine than regular stone.

edit 2: Lapis Lazuli was also kept the same, I guess since it was already unique. I assume emerald is the same too, then.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

I'll get this if it is physical copy. Looks pretty interesting.

My boss called me back in to work for something that could have easily fallen on someone else who lives much closer, so that should kill a couple more hours. I already worked night shift so I'm still feeling a bit drained, tho.
I would have lied the one time, me being a guy that ditched class to watch a Smash reveal (twice now I remember).

Yes I have **** priorities but its' the fun that matters in it all.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sadly I will be at work during this direct so I can't watch it live.

I have a 15 minute break after it airs, then an hour long lunch. I guess I'll have to watch the first 15 minutes during my break and the other 35 during my lunch.
Put it on 2x speed and watch 30 minutes of the direct in 15 minutes.

Big brain plays.

D

Deleted member

Dutch Raikuna

Thinking about my funniest Direct reaction was probably the one a few years back when they announced The World Ends With You remake and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for Switch.

Me and my classmate were watching it in class on a separate tab so when the former was revealed I was slammed the desk out of excitement and then five minutes later the guy was like "YESSSS!" out loud and the class looked at him.

We both made programming related excuses. sighs I wished I watched more stuff like with other people IRL.

Sadly I will be at work during this direct so I can't watch it live.

I have a 15 minute break after it airs, then an hour long lunch. I guess I'll have to watch the first 15 minutes during my break and the other 35 during my lunch.
No offence but this is why I make sure to go to great lengths to make sure I don't miss one. I was spoilt before on a PlayStation conference by clickbait and that pissed me off to high hell.

Thank god my timezone is kind.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Was gonna make some memes for the direct, buuuuut I honestly feel too tired to do so within like the 2~ hours left before it happen.

Sooooo i'm just gonna use my usual reactions images, if I do end up posting anything.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What's everyone doing to kill time before the Direct? (seeing as we've got less than four hours to go)

As far as I know, I don't have work until 6:15 (my work's going back to in-person shifts instead of online, but I guess people are hesitant about jumping in right away), so unless I get a call saying that I was supposed to be in during the afternoon and I was just never notified of it, I'm probably going to play Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, play as Vergil in Devil May Cry 5, or try to figure out how to make cutscenes in RPG Maker.
I work till 5....so literally working until it starts.

So far its pretty slow so hopefully I get to leave early before it starts.

Dutch Raikuna

Wee Debbie and Dennis: "Why do you get excited for something like this! It's just paid advertisements!"

Me:
Crunchyroll_20210211182645.jpg

"You came to the wrong place to say that!"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
No offence but this is why I make sure to go to great lengths to make sure I don't miss one. I was spoilt before on a PlayStation conference by clickbait and that pissed me off to high hell.

Thank god my timezone is kind.
I mean there's not much I could really do here. I could call out sick, but that would mean using precious sick time.

I'm just going to suck it up and leave the direct up on my phone so I can go in without spoilers.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I would have lied the one time, me being a guy that ditched class to watch a Smash reveal (twice now I remember).

Yes I have **** priorities but its' the fun that matters in it all.
I would have loved to lie about it and stay my ass home but I was considered an essential worker in this case.

The deed was done, tho. Not nearly as lengthy as I thought it'd be.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Call me cynical and paranoid but Cruella needs to be banned or at least convinced of being boycotted because I fear it will inspire young professional women to do acts of violence to dogs.

D

Deleted member

Call me cynical and paranoid but Cruella needs to be banned or at least convinced of being boycotted because I fear it will inspire young professional women to do acts of violence to dogs.
Ok, Jack Thompson.

Seriously, that's the same logic people use to say video games cause violence. you gonna say they need to be banned or boycotted, too? You can't cherry pick one medium just because you don't like a movie.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If you're still here Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , just wanted to say that while i'm not into Among Us at the moment, that video with you & your friends was pretty nice. You got a nice voice to hear & it's nice to see Taylor in some way, hope he is doing well on his side.

Also, just watched your little video you shared earlier. About your expectations of the direct (sorry for not answering earlier, got distracted), and man, if it get announce, let's both agree to pop off to bo en - My Time, as in the section with the air horns.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yep, just like how Joker glorified and inspired killers/mass shooters instead of oh, I don’t know...
news networks that plaster the name, face and manifesto of shooters across the nation within minutes after it happens. Despite experts saying that it absolutely inspires others.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yep, just like how Joker glorified and inspired killers/mass shooters instead of oh, I don’t know...
news networks that plaster the name, face and manifesto of shooters across the nation within minutes after it happens. Despite experts saying that it absolutely inspires others.
Experts: “stop plastering these people everywhere, it encourages other lunatics to do the same for their delusional sense of needing infamy!”

News and television shows: “what was that? anyway, this happened because of this evil person, and while we could just say what happened and the cause, we’re gonna go into full detail behind the person for the wonderful amount of negative views and ratings!”

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All fair points, I'm just heavily emotional when it comes to dogs being more of the dog person I am than of people (Not to say I still don't care for people because I do).

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
All I’m going to say is this is very relevant:
1613593652915.jpeg

Except replace the top with literally anything violence related.

The argument that tv or video games to blame is just dumb and we shouldn’t be feeding these news outlets of horrible peoples behavior anyway

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If you're still here Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , just wanted to say that while i'm not into Among Us at the moment, that video with you & your friends was pretty nice. You got a nice voice to hear & it's nice to see Taylor in some way, hope he is doing well on his side.

Also, just watched your little video you shared earlier. About your expectations of the direct (sorry for not answering earlier, got distracted), and man, if it get announce, let's both agree to pop off to bo en - My Time, as in the section with the air horns.
Thank you! And yeah, Bo En - My Time is a proper slap. I will pop off with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom