• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So, yesterday I said I can't watch it live.

This still holds true today.

Don't tag me.

Stay off all social media and use this link.

Noipoi

Howdy!
oh yeah

The trip got called off. Unfortunately that means I don’t get to go out with my family today, but on the other hand...

Now I get to sit and watch Nintendo commercials :nifty:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You know. I’ve been working on all of these ideas for a remake collection of the Nicktoons unite games.... but I think these ideas are being misused in such a project. I still want them on switch with better graphics. But I think I’ll roll all these ideas into a new 5th entry in the series instead

My problem comes from including places that are nostalgic to the 90s kids. Because many of them are not really suitable for creating levels. Like Hey Arnold, there may be antagonists, but there is no villain who would work with a group of other villains to take over the multiverse, and there is a setting, but it's just an ordinary city. I'm not opposed to including characters from these shows, but I worry that people will complain that all of the levels are based off of shows from the 2000s and beyond because those shows are the ones that fit in the context of the game the most. Don't get me wrong, there are some 90s shows that have really interesting potential levels (Aaahh!! Real Monsters, Ren and Stimpy, and Rocko's Modern Life to name a few), but aside from that first one they don't really have villains to use for the bosses. Heck, this even extends to modern popular favorites like The Loud House, what in hell am I gonna do there?

Any advice on how I can tackle this conundrum?
Maybe there's a one-off villain that you can use? Or maybe there's an overarching villain for the game that possesses someone or something and turns it into a boss fight? It's been a while since I've seen Hey Arnold, but maybe the villain could possess Eugene (since he's really unlucky) or Harold (since he's the tough kid) or Curly (because it seems like a good opportunity for his voice actor to go even more over-the-top). They wouldn't be especially threatening boss fights (unless Curly frees all the animals from the zoo), but that could be an early level.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Stay off all social media and use this link.
Way ahead of ya. Got the direct saved in YT, unsubbed from all gaming channels, life is good.

But thank you anyways

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Maybe there's a one-off villain that you can use? Or maybe there's an overarching villain for the game that possesses someone or something and turns it into a boss fight? It's been a while since I've seen Hey Arnold, but maybe the villain could possess Eugene (since he's really unlucky) or Harold (since he's the tough kid) or Curly (because it seems like a good opportunity for his voice actor to go even more over-the-top). They wouldn't be especially threatening boss fights (unless Curly frees all the animals from the zoo), but that could be an early level.
I'm just using Hey Arnold as an example. I'm talking about the problem in general. My gut instinct is to just have characters from these shows as unlockable playable characters and tell people who complain the reasons why they don't have levels.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The show had a really good run.

At least It will end in a potential good note.
McDuck Clan saving the day...yep...a great note
Man, I liked that show.
Didn't we all? Was one of the best shows across all Disney platforms
Still haven't gotten caught up on that show.
You should definitely catch up. Still an amazing series
You think Scrooge will die?
tbh I could see him dying, leaving the mansion to the family in the process

then Darkwing Duck (if it'll still be a thing) will either continues after the show or be its own thing
OK. Why can't you play as Peach, Luigi, and Toad in Bowser's Fury? It's add on content for 3D World! They could at least have allowed us that!
because Peach still hates Bowser, Luigi is busy being on a date with Daisy, and Blue Toad died due to Daisy
...that and Mario didn't expect this DBZ Kaiju Fight to occur
LMAO seems like Cruella is bound to basically be Disney's Joker only with a lady and PG-13.

How original! Not!

This is gonna be an awful film. I can guarantee it. How petty and ironic Disney ripping off a movie from one of their rival companies.

What's next? A Jafar film?
it was just one trailer...for all that is known it'll be a good movie, especially with Emma Stone looking good as usual despite playing such a dastardly woman
So, yesterday I said I can't watch it live.

This still holds true today.

Don't tag me.
TheMightyP TheMightyP bad joke eye no

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well decided to back to Shimarin ( Lamperouge Lamperouge was right, can't never go too long without that character) again to get cozy for the Direct. Also bought Gran Turismo Sport and Code Vein on sale.

However I probably won't be using Pinterest to get my pfps anymore. Any website that disable's "right and open image in new tab" should be thrown off a cliff.

I'm not trudging through **** and backalley websites to find an image I like. I use this for phone wallpapers and pfps.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
McDuck Clan saving the day...yep...a great note

Didn't we all? Was one of the best shows across all Disney platforms

You should definitely catch up. Still an amazing series

tbh I could see him dying, leaving the mansion to the family in the process

then Darkwing Duck (if it'll still be a thing) will either continues after the show or be its own thing

because Peach still hates Bowser, Luigi is busy being on a date with Daisy, and Blue Toad died due to Daisy
...that and Mario didn't expect this DBZ Kaiju Fight to occur

it was just one trailer...for all that is known it'll be a good movie, especially with Emma Stone looking good as usual despite playing such a dastardly woman

TheMightyP TheMightyP bad joke eye no
If that from the actual game? Or did you just make that up? Please tell me it's the latter because those reasons would make me very mad if they were official

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm just using Hey Arnold as an example. I'm talking about the problem in general. My gut instinct is to just have characters from these shows as unlockable playable characters and tell people who complain the reasons why they don't have levels.
Ah, okay. I'm not sure how previous Nicktoons games handled it (I've only ever played Globs of Doom on the DS, and that was almost entirely so I could rip sprites of Invader Zim characters), but that could work. (I think one of the other Nicktoons games handled it that way?)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ah, okay. I'm not sure how previous Nicktoons games handled it (I've only ever played Globs of Doom on the DS, and that was almost entirely so I could rip sprites of Invader Zim characters), but that could work. (I think one of the other Nicktoons games handled it that way?)
Most Nicktoons Games don't have this problem. Prominently featuring characters from SpongeBob, Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron, Fairly OddParents, and later Tak and the Power of Juju and Invader ZIM. The one game that featured characters that were playable was Attack of the Toybots, where they did basically exactly what I described.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well decided to back to Shimarin ( Lamperouge Lamperouge was right, can't never go too long without that character) again to get cozy for the Direct. Also bought Gran Turismo Sport and Code Vein on sale.

However I probably won't be using Pinterest to get my pfps anymore. Any website that disable's "right and open image in new tab" should be thrown off a cliff.

I'm not trudging through **** and backalley websites to find an image I like. I use this for phone wallpapers
Relatable.

I haven't bothered to change my pfp yet because I know that it'd probably still be Zero Two anyway.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If that from the actual game? Or did you just make that up? Please tell me it's the latter because those reasons would make me very mad if they were official
I made it up...thought it was gonna be noticeable since main Mario games aren't meant to have full stories to them beyond stop Bowser

MASSIVE W!
52d756ce5521a1315737ed79623d3362.jpg

As it turns out, Infinity Train wasn't cancelled after all.
41u336m2mow21.jpg

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What's everyone doing to kill time before the Direct? (seeing as we've got less than four hours to go)

As far as I know, I don't have work until 6:15 (my work's going back to in-person shifts instead of online, but I guess people are hesitant about jumping in right away), so unless I get a call saying that I was supposed to be in during the afternoon and I was just never notified of it, I'm probably going to play Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, play as Vergil in Devil May Cry 5, or try to figure out how to make cutscenes in RPG Maker.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
LMAO seems like Cruella is bound to basically be Disney's Joker only with a lady and PG-13.

How original! Not!

This is gonna be an awful film. I can guarantee it. How petty and ironic Disney ripping off a movie from one of their rival companies.

What's next? A Jafar film?
That sounds cool though.

D

Deleted member

What's everyone doing to kill time before the Direct? (seeing as we've got less than four hours to go)

As far as I know, I don't have work until 6:15 (my work's going back to in-person shifts instead of online, but I guess people are hesitant about jumping in right away), so unless I get a call saying that I was supposed to be in during the afternoon and I was just never notified of it, I'm probably going to play Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, play as Vergil in Devil May Cry 5, or try to figure out how to make cutscenes in RPG Maker.
I'm currently at college.

After that I don't know, may play some Mario Tennis Aces and buy a pizza from Domino's if my parents are fine with that.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well considering the only bad news for me today has been seeing Pinterest joining a league of big wig websites that are more than happy to **** over people with mental disabilities that stop them from overwhelmed with site features (main reason why I regret not doing more about web development), I'd say today is a pretty good day.

Wait for Gran Turismo to download and play that or Ghost of Tsushima until the time. Pretty much, maybe story write.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
My boss called me back in to work for something that could have easily fallen on someone else who lives much closer, so that should kill a couple more hours. I already worked night shift so I'm still feeling a bit drained, tho.

D

Deleted member

My boss called me back in to work for something that could have easily fallen on someone else who lives much closer, so that should kill a couple more hours. I already worked night shift so I'm still feeling a bit drained, tho.
Hoping the work goes well for you.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

MASSIVE W!
As it turns out, Infinity Train wasn't cancelled after all.
Holy ****, let’s ****ing go!

We finally get a movie about the void.

As for Infinity Train, this is hype but we were 90 percent sure there was a book four already done. However the entire team has disbanded currently and the creator is pursuing other projects, implying it hasn’t been renewed for season 5 and this season will make or break it. Owen Dennis said he wants eight seasons for the show and I really hope we get them.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hope work goes well for you; that sounds pretty exhausting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom