• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway back to the direct, I wonder,

the announcement doesn’t say new fighter but updates on smash. I wonder if this means something like an Echo Pass they made in the spare time because Nintendo needed more content with the pandemic

Noipoi

Howdy!

the announcement doesn’t say new fighter but updates on smash. I wonder if this means something like an Echo Pass they made in the spare time because Nintendo needed more content with the pandemic
I honestly think it’d be lame if they specifically call out Smash and then don’t reveal a new character.

Hell, they can announce and echo pass or whatever after the reveal. But give me a character dammit!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Honestly, Nintendo knows people are gonna expect a character reveal if they say “Smash update”. I’m pretty sure we’ll get a reveal

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I honestly think it’d be lame if they specifically call out Smash and then don’t reveal a new character.

Hell, they can announce and echo pass or whatever after the reveal. But give me a character dammit!
how would that be lame? It doesnt say "new fighter" so anyone hoping for a fighting and it probably not being there is gonna be mad and thats on them

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

I would love for that and showing Octoling as the first in response to Inkling being the first newcomer of Ultimate given Splatoon is going down as one of Nintendo's most popular and recognizable IPs in modern gaming and generation.

Reactions: Z25

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I have to wait till 5pm to watch the direct. Time zones are bull****!

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Worst thing I hate about the directs: half my body goes haywire before it all happens. The tension is building mentally and I both love and hate the feeling. Love the feeling of excitement and hate the worry in case something goes wrong.

Also bought some Dr Pepper for the Direct. Nothing like a good drink. I'll like ya's and leaves ya's until after the Direct. I'll only message if something goes wrong.

Enjoy my friends and I'll talk after.

Yep, just like how Joker glorified and inspired killers/mass shooters instead of oh, I don’t know...
news networks that plaster the name, face and manifesto of shooters across the nation within minutes after it happens. Despite experts saying that it absolutely inspires others.
Modern Media in a nutshell to be honest.

In less than an hour and a half.

Gonna watch It on my PS4.
Watching it on PS4 as well but being paranoid in case it screws up or something.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I was shocked to see it. I thought they were finished making seasons.

There's also a promo that was apparently found online of the contestants up next:

If one were to study the promo and make out the silhouettes, the characters coming back are: Ennui, Crimson, Lindsay, Beth, Owen, Ryan, Lightning, Harold, Alejandro, Heather, Max, and one more contestant between Beth and Owen in which I'm not able to determine.

I'm hoping the clever writing for the first three seasons and ridonculus race returns, because revenge through pahkitew were some dark times. I also heard Ramarama or whatever it is, is pretty forgettable. So, we'll see.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hmmm... so, the more I learn about the new Total Drama seasons, the murkier it gets.

The promo image I found shows various past characters. However, the source from WarnerMedia is saying that the cast is "updated." This would probably imply that the characters will be all new, yes?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Something something something Final Fantasy IV

Something something something FFII in the west

D

Deleted member

Pipe dream for the Direct:
a new Capcom vs SNK game. Ideally even Capcom vs SNK vs Namco. It's criminal how the only Namco x Capcom game was a Japan only RPG. Well, there's Project X Zone, but that's an RPG, too.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oyasumi Oooooooyasumi

The last hour is always the woooooooorst!~~~

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Hello there.
how would that be lame? It doesnt say "new fighter" so anyone hoping for a fighting and it probably not being there is gonna be mad and thats on them
My prediction is that they'll announce the date of the next character reveal, but not who the character is. If I'm right, then fine, but if I'm wrong, and they do announce the next character, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My prediction is that the monster energy I'm drinking will keep me in this reality long enough for me to watch the direct.

Also, why did I even buy this? I hate monster. ****.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oh, well.

With good writing, it could still be entertaining.
I hope so. Ridonculus Race was good but is an outlier with "modern" seasons (and by modern, I mean after season 3.)

Island is the original and still has charm in the present. World Tour has the most polish of the seasons imo and has the greatest redemption arc of the entire show in Heather, going from main villain in Island to unlikely hero/anti-hero in World Tour and taking down big bad Alejandro after 20-something grueling legs. And, while Action tends to be the black sheep of the original trilogy due to slow plot pacing and a few character derailments, there are enough interesting story points and character improvements to be a decent season overall.

But, you could tell the writers began running out of ideas in Revenge. And, All-Stars is painfully poorly written and Pahkitew is mostly forgettable. I haven't seen Ramarama so there's no opinion, but not a lot seem to enjoy that season. Thankfully, Ridonculus Race aired soon after Pahkitew, and the clever OG trilogy writing returned. It's a diamond in the rough and shows that the new seasons COULD revive the series, but we'll see.

While RR shows a sign that they could get their mojo back, I'm honestly still skeptical because of how Revenge was average, Pahkitew was forgettable, and All-Stars and Ramarama tend to get lots of hate, and for good reason (at least on the All-Stars front. I can't comment on Ramarama).

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'll throw in a quick TD season ranking, why not?

1. Island
2. World Tour
---
3. RR
4. Action
---
5. Revenge
---
6. Pahkitew
---
7. All-Stars

I'd probably split the tiers in this way. Seasons 1 and 3 are the best ones due to the writing being just that strong overall, if not without hiccups. RR and Action are pretty good, but could've used more polish. Revenge has a few spots of brilliance but is mostly middle of the road. I forget most of Pahkitew. All-Stars is absolutely pathetic and I wish that season was wiped from the face of the planet.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Pipe dream for the Direct:
a new Capcom vs SNK game. Ideally even Capcom vs SNK vs Namco. It's criminal how the only Namco x Capcom game was a Japan only RPG. Well, there's Project X Zone, but that's an RPG, too.
Namco X Capcom remastered is a true pipe dream

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I hope so. Ridonculus Race was good but is an outlier with "modern" seasons (and by modern, I mean after season 3.)

Island is the original and still has charm in the present. World Tour has the most polish of the seasons imo and has the greatest redemption arc of the entire show in Heather, going from main villain in Island to unlikely hero/anti-hero in World Tour and taking down big bad Alejandro after 20-something grueling legs. And, while Action tends to be the black sheep of the original trilogy due to slow plot pacing and a few character derailments, there are enough interesting story points and character improvements to be a decent season overall.

But, you could tell the writers began running out of ideas in Revenge. And, All-Stars is painfully poorly written and Pahkitew is mostly forgettable. I haven't seen Ramarama so there's no opinion, but not a lot seem to enjoy that season. Thankfully, Ridonculus Race aired soon after Pahkitew, and the clever OG trilogy writing returned. It's a diamond in the rough and shows that the new seasons COULD revive the series, but we'll see.

While RR shows a sign that they could get their mojo back, I'm honestly still skeptical because of how Revenge was average, Pahkitew was forgettable, and All-Stars and Ramarama tend to get lots of hate, and for good reason (at least on the All-Stars front. I can't comment on Ramarama).
Revenge of the Island was okay. Other than Scott having too much control, I didn't have problems with it. And while I used to watch Dramarama, it eventually lost me.

World Tour is where the franchise peaked IMO. I don't expect these new seasons to reach its quality, but I hope they'll still have likeable characters and great moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom