• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What I dislike the most out of the times after a Direct airs is when I want to share my thoughts about It with anyone but everyone seems to not care at all to ask me how I found It or react to my thoughts about It.

Makes me feel apart of the community or something, It does have a lot to do with my feelings of not being able to enjoy a movie or show with anyone if I'm not seeing It with someone else.
bro the thread moves at lightning speed after directs, I promise you it’s nothing personal.

D

Deleted member

What I dislike the most out of the times after a Direct airs is when I want to share my thoughts about It with anyone but everyone seems to not care at all to ask me how I found It or react to my thoughts about It.

Makes me feel apart of the community or something, It does have a lot to do with my feelings of not being able to enjoy a movie or show with anyone if I'm not seeing It with someone else.
Eh, I never get tagged about anything, but I don't think its anything personal, people are just pretty excited in the heat of the moment. You get used to it.

D

Deleted member

bro the thread moves at lightning speed after directs, I promise you it’s nothing personal.
Yeah, I'm sure It is that simple and it's just my head trying to connect weird dots.

Thankfully I may not be feeling that alone today, as I'm watching It with two college partners.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Here's what happened since the last time we got a non-mini direct:
Terry, Byleth, Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth got into Smash, Season 1 of DLC ended
New Paper Mario game
Nintendo's C&D spree
PS5 and XBOX Series X were revealed and released
A Global Pandemic
A massive US Election
3DS discontinued
Alphadream went Bankrupt
CyberPunk finally released
Scott Pilgrim fibally git a rerelease
Roger Craig Smith no longer voices Sonic
Caillou got cancelled
Flash Died
Drawn To Life got revived
New Indiana Jones Game
Luigi was found in Mario 64
Fable got revived
SMT V got revealed
SwSh DLC got released
Battle for Bikini Bottom got remade
Super Nintendo World was shown off and finished

And...

I turned 18.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's what happened since the last time we got a non-mini direct:
Terry, Byleth, Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth got into Smash, Season 1 of DLC ended
New Paper Mario game
Nintendo's C&D spree
PS5 and XBOX Series X were revealed and released
A Global Pandemic
A massive US Election
3DS discontinued
Alphadream went Bankrupt
CyberPunk finally released
Scott Pilgrim fibally git a rerelease
Roger Craig Smith no longer voices Sonic
Caillou got cancelled
Flash Died
Drawn To Life got revived
New Indiana Jones Game
Luigi was found in Mario 64
Fable got revived
SMT V got revealed
SwSh DLC got released
Battle for Bikini Bottom got remade
Super Nintendo World was shown off and finished

And...

I turned 18.
Don't forget the Alex Kidd remake and the Capcom leak.

TimeJ

Smash Cadet
Excited for the direct, so made a bingo card. Tried to make it actual predictions than a wishlist. I think this is stuff that could realistically release in the "first half of 2021"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watched Rampage again yesterday for as part of my kaiju marathon.

Hoping the sequel takes from World Tour. My idea for the plot.

Turns out the three canisters weren't the only ones on the space shuttle as others had spread across the globe infecting other animals. On top of that due to regeneration both Lizzie and Ralph returns from the dead but are given the cures for their aggression as Davis leads them and George against the other infected animals traveling across the world.

One brilliant scene and idea I'd love to see in the sequel is as the military are about to collect Ralph's body, it suddenly springs up and begins running around like a headless chicken as his head slowly begins to regenerate. His regeneration takes longer due to having had his head torn off and Lizzie "revives faster since she was only pierced through her eye and head.

Boris the Rhino or Leon the Lion - Africa
Icky the Echidna - Australia
Kingston the Cobra - India
Rojo the Bull - Spain

Just a few examples.

Either that or they just come up with new original monsters instead.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Tbh, the time before the direct juuuuust start is actually the moment I dislike the most lol.

'cuz on top of being usually very tired since it's late for me, it's always like, "man, please be the character reveal doesn't cause a ****show before I sleep, pleeeeease"

I say that as someone who been on the Smash Hype Train since Smash 4 very first reveal trailer back in 2013 (god I feel old), and let me tell ya, the sooner the reveal happen, the happier I be. :dedede:

That tiny detail aside tho, yeah, hope for the best & hope lots of peoples are happy.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can I say too that the best part of a new DLC Character are the fanart that have them interact with others Smash characters? Especially their fellow DLC fighters?

Always funny/wholesome/awesome to see those pics.

D

Deleted member

Can I say too that the best part of a new DLC Character are the fanart that have them interact with others Smash characters? Especially their fellow DLC fighters?

Always funny/wholesome/awesome to see those pics.
I was hoping there would be a good chunk of fanart of the DQ8 Hero interacting with Samus and fighting Ridley.

Sadly that hasn't seem to happened yet at least on Twitter.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I was hoping there would be a good chunk of fanart of the DQ8 Hero interacting with Samus and fighting Ridley.

Sadly that hasn't seem to happened yet at least on Twitter.
Seem like a good idea that sadly hasn't been commi yet or thought by much artists.

Still, I did see alot of pics with Hero interacting with others character, soo not all is gloomy & doomy.

D

Deleted member

Woo-ooh coming to an end real soon y'all
The show had a really good run.

At least It will end in a potential good note.

Seem like a good idea that sadly hasn't been commi yet or thought by much artists.

Still, I did see alot of pics with Hero interacting with others character, soo not all is gloomy & doomy.
Yeah, there's a lot of cool Hero art.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ya know, maybe true happiness is like listening to What's New P-Cat (don't want to get a warning) 21 times just before the direct start. (with maybe 1 It's Not Unusual just before the direct if you want some more good feeling after that torture)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Plot twist: they put Smash in the middle.
This did sort of happen with Terrry so it could happen again.
What, not staying for the BOTW 2 trailer? :nifty:
I’m watching the whole thing regardless because I think we could see some pretty great things. Hoping that BOTW 2 trailer is in the direct but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s held back for a Zelda direct.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The reason for Sephiroth’s inclusion is that Nintendo and Square were (and still are) good BFFs.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know. I’ve been working on all of these ideas for a remake collection of the Nicktoons unite games.... but I think these ideas are being misused in such a project. I still want them on switch with better graphics. But I think I’ll roll all these ideas into a new 5th entry in the series instead

My problem comes from including places that are nostalgic to the 90s kids. Because many of them are not really suitable for creating levels. Like Hey Arnold, there may be antagonists, but there is no villain who would work with a group of other villains to take over the multiverse, and there is a setting, but it's just an ordinary city. I'm not opposed to including characters from these shows, but I worry that people will complain that all of the levels are based off of shows from the 2000s and beyond because those shows are the ones that fit in the context of the game the most. Don't get me wrong, there are some 90s shows that have really interesting potential levels (Aaahh!! Real Monsters, Ren and Stimpy, and Rocko's Modern Life to name a few), but aside from that first one they don't really have villains to use for the bosses. Heck, this even extends to modern popular favorites like The Loud House, what in hell am I gonna do there?

Any advice on how I can tackle this conundrum?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh god, I finally reached the It's Not Unusual part of this video.
I know at last what peace of mind is like.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Direct Thread is here if y’all want to dive in

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
LMAO seems like Cruella is bound to basically be Disney's Joker only with a lady and PG-13.

How original! Not!

This is gonna be an awful film. I can guarantee it. How petty and ironic Disney ripping off a movie from one of their rival companies.

What's next? A Jafar film?

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Went back to bloodstained the other day. It is a good castlevania game, but it feels off. I enjoyed my time with it, but I have no desire to 100% like I did with SOTN or one of the other main line castlevania games. I give it a 7/10.
But, putting it away is allowing me to get to this RPG I purchased on discount. Destiny connect. It is like RPG for kids. wonky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom