• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Thoughts:
  • Smash - Confirmed, though I'd be surprised if we get a February release assuming it's related to Challenge Pack 9.
  • Animal Crossing Update - Pretty much guaranteed
  • Zelda 35th - Almost guaranteed (turns 35 in less than a week)
  • Hyrule Warriors - Wouldn't be surprised if this gets DLC
  • BotW2 News - Not as likely as 35th news, but still a very good bet albeit for something probably minor like confirming a 2021 release or story tease.
  • Zelda Ports - Likely, though I wouldn't bet on a HD bundle as to their credit more effort was done to them.
  • Pokemon News/25th - 50/50, as Pokemon often does their own thing, only New Snap I'd say at the very least.
  • No More Heroes 3 Update - Highly likely
  • Mario/Fire Emblem Limited Releases - "shrugs" but is something that could be an announcement, as they're just leaving money on the table
  • Bravely Default 2 - Highly likely, comes out in less than a week
  • Ninja Gaiden Trilogy Port - Modest chance, has been heavily rumored for a March release for several months now
  • Wii U Ports - All that's left is Xenoblade X, Star Fox, Paper Mario, Fatal Frame, and Kirby. Take your bets, there is probably no wrong answer.
  • Metroid Prime 4 - Not likely, I doubt Nintendo is going to show it off until it's at least within 6 months of release given the awkward development.
  • Bayonetta 3 - Not likely

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I also did a tier list of any wants and needs I would quench for in Smash
18F867A0-FA57-4078-A399-7A3C4DCCB5A7.jpeg
55E1C381-1044-432A-8418-0DAE0C567DC0.jpeg
C48542BD-7C37-4BF8-B782-87D5C227E729.jpeg
3D71D285-240C-4793-821F-7B27BC15037C.jpeg
should be noted that I’m basing Sora on him without the Disney...cause otherwise I have no reason to care
to anyone who decides to attempt killing me...not sorry
and then I ended up doing a Persona 5 tier list based on what I know of from 5 to 5 Royal to 5 Strikers
4E2A8557-23ED-4A01-B105-90F81AAAEAD6.jpeg
I’m sure osby osby and Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade will have little to no issues with this since they is what I consider to be The Mr. Master Persona Men of this thread

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Smash is cool and all but what I'm really hoping for is an update on BotW 2. I'm not counting on it but I am hopeful.Anyway as for the Smash reveal tomorrow...

My Wants: Dragapult, Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western), Hollow Knight Protagonist, Amaterasu (Okami), Wolf Link & Midna.

My Predictions:

Monster Hunter I guess.

D

Deleted member

My only realistic want is a Digimon tbh. I'd be fine with just about anything.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
The day of the Nintendo Direct is finally here! Anyways, here are my guesses on what I predict will be shown:
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Highly likely they will reveal CP9.
  • Hopefully something on the localisation of the Great Ace Attorney.
  • Hopefully something on Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 news.
  • Bravely Default 2 news.
  • Something for the Pokemon 25th anniversary.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm just going to post what I want to see for the Direct, since I find that my predictions are often hilariously wrong. (ex. saying that just because a Smash reveal was a few days before MineCon, it doesn't mean that Steve is going to be the character in question)

-Bayonetta 3 news (it's been THREE YEARS)

-a No More Heroes 3 trailer (don't know how likely it is, since we got one with the release of No More Heroes 1 and 2 on the Switch, but it's supposed to be coming out this year)

-Persona 4 Golden/Persona 5/Persona 5 Royal on the Switch (Persona 5 Strikers comes out in less than a week; it would be nice if Switch owners were able to play Persona 5 as well, given how well Persona 4 did on Steam, though I wouldn't say no to P4G on the Switch)

-Halo: The Master Chief Collection or Rare Replay (almost definitely not going to happen, but I can dream - the Master Chief Collection coming to the Switch has been rumoured for a while)

-Breath of the Wild 2 news, even if it's just a short trailer with a title reveal

-Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity DLC (I still need to finish the game, but more content is generally good, and given how much DLC Hyrule Warriors had, I'm surprised we haven't gotten any for Age of Calamity yet)

-Wind Waker HD and/or Twilight Princess HD on the Switch (I figure they're going to want to get something out there for Zelda's 35th anniversary, even if it's a port of a remaster)

-Xenoblade Chronicles X ported to the Switch (it would be a shame if that was the only major Wii U game that didn't get a port or a similar sequel on the Switch)

-a release date for Shin Megami Tensei 3, featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series

-a port of Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (I don't know how likely it is, but I think the other DMC games did well)

-Mega Man X9?

-something from Camelot (Golden Sun?)

-a new Donkey Kong Country game

-the Ninja Gaiden trilogy (it's been rumoured or listed on retailers for a few months now)

-maybe Mario RPG or Earthbound coming to the SNES Online? Not sure if they'd take time to announce that since they're usually just randomly announced without much fanfare, but I'd like to think that those two games would be announced at some point

-for the Smash reveal, my gut says Monster Hunter, but I'm hoping for Dante, Ryu Hayabusa, or Crash. (or Doomguy, though I admit that he seems less likely than the others)

Mind you, I feel like I'd be lucky if even a third of these actually happened.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It’s been two days since it snowed and it’s still here, mostly intact. And we’re supposed to get even more snow today too :nifty:

D

Deleted member

Why all this Joker-esque backstory for a woman who’s goal is to make a fur coat out of puppies?!
The original movie also implied she breaks the Bones and skulls of the dogs.

Ngl, she seems like the perfect candidat to be your arch-nemesis.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
*! *! *! *!

Six more weeks until Godzilla vs. Kong!

I honestly don't know how I'm going to get through these six weeks! My hype levels are off the chart!

D

Deleted member

Don't you just love it when you're playing as town and a dumb jailor exes you over a minor mistake?
Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 8.26.11 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom