• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just beat Mario Shunshine, i'm gonna wait a bit to play Galaxy, i want to finish my runs of FF8 and Persona 5 first.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, truthfully, they are. Change.org petitions amount to nothing, and like, I'd argue that 99% of the time that the thing they're directed towards never even see it.
I know the petition won't do anything. All I want to do it put the idea in peoples heads and get them thinking about it. And since I don't have a million subscriber youtube channel, this is about all I can do. I also can't think of anything else to do other then tweet at the necessary parties every day, which I will do, but if I can get other people to think about the idea and share it around, then maybe that voice shouting into the void might just become loud enough to make it to the other side.

Wish I had some way to know that I was heard though.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Here's a question....about starters, since we're on topic....

What starter line do you think is the strongest from base to final form?

:155::156::157: My fire weasels!!! From super cute, to also cute, to HOLYFRIKKING BADDASS!!!
I'll also give the Treeko/Grovyle/Sceptile line the honourable mention. Dinolizards, what more do I need?

View attachment 303012
https://twitter.com/the_noipoi/status/1360796530249256962?s=21

Okay I did the thing. I cranked out doodles
of XBox, Nintendo, and PlayStation as starter Pokémon.

They don’t really have names, you can make your own if you’d like.

Xbox lizard by a longshot!

LiXard?

Noipoi

Howdy!

:155::156::157: My fire weasels!!! From super cute, to also cute, to HOLYFRIKKING BADDASS!!!
I'll also give the Treeko/Grovyle/Sceptile line the honourable mention. Dinolizards, what more do I need?
I think the Torterra line is really solid, man.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 303012

We shall call them Bonitex (Box from Xbox, Monitor Lizard, X from Xbox), Marookitch (Mario+Tanooki+Switch), and Doesense (a femal rabbit and the DualSense controller)

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Imagine if a future Kingdom hearts game just has Blue sky films in it since Disney absorbed that company into themselves. Like Ice age and Robots just get appearances and they stick out like sore thumbs.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Greninja line

Goes from cute with Froakie, to suave with Frogadier, then absolutely bonkers amazing with Greninja
Imagine if a future Kingdom hearts game just has Blue sky films in it since Disney absorbed that company into themselves. Like Ice age and Robots just get appearances and they stick out like sore thumbs.
Will Smith pigeon summon, let's go

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Call me when Kingdom Hearts does an Alien world.

Xenomorph Donald and Goofy!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Along with Torterra as Noipoi said, I'd say Charizard's pretty solid throughout. Charmander's an adorable fire lizard that you want to hug, Charmeleon grows up from its cuteness, but is very cool looking in its own right and also is a good segway into its next form, and Charizard is a classic dragon that's hits the notes you want out.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm gonna go to bed shortly after this post. Tomorrow I might share my new bits of my story depending on how things go. So a few of you guys like Lamperouge Lamperouge M MooMew64 and of course the man, the myth and fellow writer Wademan94 Wademan94 if you guys are interested.

Unfortunately paranoia means I won't share it out in the open forum like this thread and only through PMs.
I do hope depending on trust levels and how things goes I can eventually move away from Smashboards and onto places where there are 100% snakes in the grass willing to take a shortcut through life by stealing others work like Reddit.

I mean, truthfully, they are. Change.org petitions amount to nothing, and like, I'd argue that 99% of the time that the thing they're directed towards never even see it.
Pretty much and yeah it ****ing sucks right down. At the end of the day it comes down to the cold, boring reality of business and the men in suits.

SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 I really applaud your enthusiasm but you kinda have a better chance of leaving it to the chance of fate. Still.......I think this experiment could work as a confidence booster for you at least.

View attachment 303012

Dude that looks great and the colour scheme is adorable. Honestly I didn't know you drew this well no offence.

Please tag me next time, just sayin.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Now i'm legit thinking ice age is a good idea for KH. lol

What else did Blue sky even make? I know they did Robots and Will smith pidgeon movie.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 I really applaud your enthusiasm but you kinda have a better chance of leaving it to the chance of fate. Still.......I think this experiment could work as a confidence booster for you at least.
Then it's never gonna happen. The brands won't become nostalgically profitable for about 13 years (it takes 30 years from a brands first release into the media for it to become nostalgically profitable and for the people who grew up on it as kids to get into the positions of power to allow it to happen). And who knows if there will even still BE an NRS or an Injustice series or even a friggin USA/Planet Earth in 13 years! Unless someone at NRS just happens to be a fan of the shows then it aint happening.

I don't know. It's just... really frustrating. I wish that people would just realize that people who grew up in decades that weren't the 80s or 90s exist and had childhoods and would shill out plenty of money for some nostalgic pandering for the stuff they grew up with.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Then it's never gonna happen. The brands won't become nostalgically profitable for about 13 years (it takes 30 years from a brands first release into the media for it to become nostalgically profitable and for the people who grew up on it as kids to get into the positions of power to allow it to happen). And who knows if there will even still BE an NRS or an Injustice series or even a friggin USA/Planet Earth in 13 years! Unless someone at NRS just happens to be a fan of the shows then it aint happening.

I don't know. It's just... really frustrating. I wish that people would just realize that people who grew up in decades that weren't the 80s or 90s exist and had childhoods and would shill out plenty of money for some nostalgic pandering for the stuff they grew up with.
You'll mainly get that kind of thing from Japanese franchises, since most of what's nostalgic from this era is from Japan.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Just saying about the stuff in bold but you need to not go mad when thinking things like that, coming from a person who was really paranoid about the last President of the US was going to start a nuclear holocaust and such. You should really do some research into how some things work about the world. Like you think absolutely delusional things that'll make the anxiety worse.

Live in the present of presents and think about today, not tomorrow. I never thought a few of my dream games happened but it did so who knows for you.

Anyways.

Goodnight to all of yous. Let's have a good "Lonely Hearts Club" day.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just saying about the stuff in bold but you need to not go mad when thinking things like that, coming from a person who was really paranoid about the last President of the US was going to start a nuclear holocaust and such. You should really do some research into how some things work about the world.

Live in the present of presents and think about today, not tomorrow. I never thought a few of my dream games happened but it did.

Anyways.

Goodnight to all of yous. Let's have a good "Lonely Hearts Club" day.
I hope you're right. I just wish there was a way to put your idea out there to a company and just have assurance that it was heard. Not a "yes, we'll do it" or a "no, never" or even "we'll look into it" just "we heard you".

Man I'm ****ing desperate.

And ok. I'll try to calm down and not worry too much about the future. Even though it's really hard not to worry about the future.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Imo, Gen 1, 3, 4, and 7 have the best starters design wise. All of them are good.

The rest of the gens? They have some peepee poopoo starters that drag them down. As it pains me to say it, Gen 5 had the worst hands down.
Pretty much my thoughts. Gen 2 is just narrowly in the bottom half IMO; they really needed some buffs like the Gen 1/3 starters got. Gen 8 I'm still debating, but definitely in the bottom half.

Gen 5 Starters I've grown slowly on, but they were what convinced me to wait and not pre-order a Pokemon game for the first time in my life.

Like, I dunno how truthful the supposed leaked plans for Gen 6's original plot is, but honestly? There's soo many alien-related things in Gen 6 it wouldn't surprise me if the plot had originally been about aliens.
I keep hearing a lot about Gen 6 and cut content. Is there a link to any of these claims or is it mostly theory crafting? I hear talk about a Z version all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom