• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm one of the few that likes the Chikorita line, but I gotta admit it's kinda weak design wise

Chesnaught. Gen 6 had the worst designs for Pokemon hands down.
I'm not sure if I would call them the worst, but I do think they are overall the most forgettable group. Outside of the Legendaries, Greninja, and a few standouts like Noivern most of them just got lost in a sea of old faces since GF was high on nostalgia at the time and due to the distribution in the games it was easy to ignore the majority of them. Plus, for me it had the least amount of Pokemon that stuck with me out of the generations so it left even less of a mark.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Samurott has a great design, its just jaring because it evolves from an anthropomorhpic otter.

Honestly I think that's one of the biggest problems with starters these days. When you pick a Charmander or Bulbasaur, you pretty much know what you're getting into - a bigger, cooler version of it with the same overall body plan. But if you pick Litten because its a cute little tiger you might not be so excited when it evolves into something with a totally different appeal.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I think that's one of the biggest problems with starters these days. When you pick a Charmander or Bulbasaur, you pretty much know what you're getting into - a bigger, cooler version of it with the same overall body plan. But if you pick Litten because its a cute little tiger you might not be so excited when it evolves into something with a totally different appeal.
I've always thought it would be really cool if when you go to select a starter, you can also see silhouettes of it's evolved stages, so you know partially what you're getting into.

It would be a small thing that would go a long way.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
View attachment 303009

You are correct. You should watch Re:Zero after what you are finishing anime wise.
It's on my list along with Konosuba, Dr. Stone, and Attack on Titan.

Gonna finish the first season of Overlord before I start one of them, though. Only four more episodes to go and I still think the show is just...okay. Too many characters that have very little done with them so I'm finding it a bit hard to care.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've always been fond of the idea of having branched evolutions for the starters.

Game Freak seems to be fond of the anthro forms for the starters (and of course they have their fans as well) and the community as a whole really likes having actual ....animals for the starters so...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know it's kinda weird that Goodsmile hasn't made Final fantasy nendoroid figures yet.

Their doing a few Dragon quest ones and a whole line of Kingdom hearts ones so it's kinda weird.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Why do I feel like Fire Starters are becoming more and more like furries?

We went from a cool dragon to a anthromorphic rabbit.
(Their final evolutions)
I mean....they've pretty much been furries since Gen 3

But Blaziken and Infernape are awesome so we didn't really care then...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I didn't l like any of Gen 8's starters when I first saw them. They just seemed cheesy and uninspired at first. But after a couple of days, they all sort of grew on me.

Grookey became my favorite of the trio pretty quickly.

Dutch Raikuna

It's on my list along with Konosuba, Dr. Stone, and Attack on Titan.

Gonna finish the first season of Overlord before I start one of them, though. Only four more episodes to go and I still think the show is just...okay. Too many characters that have very little done with them so I'm finding it a bit hard to care.
I'd still throw in a few anime on the short side of numbers to that list honestly. Angel Beats, The Devil is a Part Timer etc (and Wonder Egg Priority when it's done). Just not wear yourself out and having something more on that side of about 12 episodes.

Konosuba and Dr. Stone are still good choices though former tries way too hard to be constantly funny.

Attack on Titan isn't my kinda of anime plus a fella I know ruined it by doing something really ****ing weird so every time I think of the anime I think of him.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Is it me or does the forum feel like it's been given a bit of a shake-up the past few days?

Like it feels a bit more active or different in a way. Maybe it's cause I'm up this late all the time now is why I feel something a bit different so it's probably just me.

I should go to bed shortly.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Second stage starter rankings

Favourites: Quilava, Grovyle, Frogadier, Charmander, Ivysaur

Seconds: Bayleef, Croconaw, Wartortle, Marshtomp, Dewott

Thirds: Monferno, Braixen, Combusken, Torracat

Fourths: Dartrix, Prinplup, Brionne, Servine, Grotle

Bleh: Pignite, Quilladin, Drizzile, Raboot, Thwackey

Shroob

Sup?
Is it me or does the forum feel like it's been given a bit of a shake-up the past few days?

Like it feels a bit more active or different in a way. Maybe it's cause I'm up this late all the time now is why I feel something a bit different so it's probably just me.

I should go to bed shortly.
I'm back and better than ever :nifty:

Also prolly cause a Smash reveal will happen sometime next month so the regulars are coming back.

Dutch Raikuna

oh that horrable trope.. Why not just make her adult if she is an adult. Whhy the **** does Japan keep making these adults look like damn little kids
Who knows? I just let creator's intent be creator's intent. I'm used to it now as long as they don't do anything real concerning with characters like that to the point where I think the creator needs to be thrown into an asylum.

Still fiction is fiction, if I can avoid it I can avoid it.

Fanservice is a bit different though of a subject.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I really hope my efforts aren't in vein or futile. I just know that if I just sit back and let the people who make these decisions make them on their own then the idea will never even enter their heads. I don't know. I'm just desperate I guess.

Shroob

Sup?
I really hope my efforts aren't in vein or futile. I just know that if I just sit back and let the people who make these decisions make them on their own then the idea will never even enter their heads. I don't know. I'm just desperate I guess.
I mean, truthfully, they are. Change.org petitions amount to nothing, and like, I'd argue that 99% of the time that the thing they're directed towards never even see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom