• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why do you hate 2012 Casey? He’s cool.
cool sure...but fighting and looking cool doesn't fix that attitude of his. 87 Casey was perfectly developed in comparison. Mans was out here touching and looking all over April's ass when they brain swapped, bragged about being kissed by Karai (in front of her father and brothers), constantly acted like everything was all about him when it rarely was, got hyped over something they knew nothing about AFTER the Earth was destroyed by a black hole, didn't listen to people when it counted most unless Leo was there to lead...so on so forth
C: In most turtle properties they’re love interests.
  • Mirage comics they're together with a child born from another woman
  • nothing in the 87 series
  • Kissed in the 90s movie...then Casey was gone from the 2nd...and nothing about it was acknowledged in the 3rd...so who knows
  • Married in the 2003 show
  • Engaged in the 2007 movie
  • Dated and broke up in the IDW comics...now April works for Mayor Stockman while Casey leads the Purple Dragons after breaking up with Jennika for becoming a Turtle
  • We're merely friends in the 2012 show...and April was smart for getting with Donnie
  • Bay...not acknowledging
  • Rise...nothing for now...
So 3 successes out of a lot isn't too bad

But why
cause Velma is hot and is Bae

and cause **** Shaggy for what he did to her in MI...probably why

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why does everything have to be adult?

Older fans can like the stuff aimed at a younger audience too.
Because of out of touch tv executives who put target demographics in boxes based on stereotypes.

"Kids like cartoons, adults like drama, boys like action and girls like romance. There is little to no overlap between 'opposite' groups. If a cartoon is made for adults, it must be filled with vulgar shock humor to undo the kiddiness."

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I gotta be honest:

Scooby Doo being more adult oriented is probably for the best. Mystery Incorporated was already halfway out the door with being a complete 180 from the goofy formulatic talking dog show we all know, and imo, it really payed off.

Like, it feels like a natural progression at that point.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean, last time Shaggy and Scooby got their own show, it sucked ass.
He never said they could survive on their own, just that they're intrical to making the show work.

But why
Wait, a prequel? That means this Velma's like, 14.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Downloaded the latest minecraft snapshot and the underground biomes are pretty interesting. But I notice it causes some of the above ground biomes to form strange

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Republic Commando is apparently coming to Switch

This is one of the most underrated Star Wars games.
If you wanna talk about underrated Star Wars games, there's Galactic Battlegrounds. Yeah I know, AoE2 in space, but there's still plenty of new mechanics despite having to cut down trees to gather materials in a sci-fi game.
Wait, a prequel? That means this Velma's like, 14.
Or even younger if A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is anything to go by.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
He never said they could survive on their own, just that they're intrical to making the show work.
There's truth in that, but the main thing about Spinoffs is that they don't really need the main characters to work. Harley Quinn worked without Batman beung there 24/7, Penguins of Madagascar worked without the main Madagascar cast, so I can hope Velma would be the same.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's truth in that, but the main thing about Spinoffs is that they don't really need the main characters to work. Harley Quinn worked without Batman beung there 24/7, Penguins of Madagascar worked without the main Madagascar cast, so I can hope Velma would be the same.
I'm not really in a mood to Google but I imagine it's the actress who gave Velma the sassy personality in Monsters Inc. That can definitely work on its own, imo. But a prequel?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just think people judge things too quickly before they arrive, which in most cases, including this Velma thing, is fair, but I'd like to believe that there is a possibility for something good to come out of it.

At the moment, it's not like there's anything that's ****ed up a out it (like that PPG plot, which is horse **** for a variety of reasons I'm not getting into right now), it's just an adult-geared show of a cartoon character from our childhood. I can get behind that. It's fine. And it's not like its gonna be a giant series or nothing- its 10 episodes. Whoop dee ****ing doo.

I dunno. We'll see. I won't shoot it down yet.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm not really in a mood to Google but I imagine it's the actress who gave Velma the sassy personality in Monsters Inc. That can definitely work on its own, imo. But a prequel?
"Monsters Inc." lol

It was Mindy Cohn who voiced Velma in Mystery Incorporated. Mindy Kaling is from The Mindy Project.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Didnt work for Sheen, didn’t work for Joey Tribbiani, and i can’t speak for Velma and Daphne but it didn’t work the number of times when Scooby ditched the three gang members that actually solved the mysteries

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Didnt work for Sheen, didn’t work for Joey Tribbiani, and i can’t speak for Velma and Daphne but it didn’t work the number of times when Scooby ditched the three gang members that actually solved the mysteries
Wasn't that because they gave the show to comedic relief characters, who are the ones that shouldn't get a spin off because they need to have a straight man (which two of those didn't have, can't speak on Joey)?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
cool sure...but fighting and looking cool doesn't fix that attitude of his. 87 Casey was perfectly developed in comparison. Mans was out here touching and looking all over April's ass when they brain swapped, bragged about being kissed by Karai (in front of her father and brothers), constantly acted like everything was all about him when it rarely was, got hyped over something they knew nothing about AFTER the Earth was destroyed by a black hole, didn't listen to people when it counted most unless Leo was there to lead...so on so forth

• Mirage comics they're together with a child born from another woman
  • nothing in the 87 series
  • Kissed in the 90s movie...then Casey was gone from the 2nd...and nothing about it was acknowledged in the 3rd...so who knows
  • Married in the 2003 show
  • Engaged in the 2007 movie
  • Dated and broke up in the IDW comics...now April works for Mayor Stockman while Casey leads the Purple Dragons after breaking up with Jennika for becoming a Turtle
  • We're merely friends in the 2012 show...and April was smart for getting with Donnie
  • Bay...not acknowledging
  • Rise...nothing for now...
So 3 successes out of a lot isn't too bad

cause Velma is hot and is Bae

and cause **** Shaggy for what he did to her in MI...probably why
I guess most of that stuff... I mean you do you, and you're entitles to your own opinion of the character, but none of that really ever botherd me, either that or I didn't notice it.

Also, that line in that episode about how Casey "kind of liked being a girl" combined with the gender swap in Rise has lead me to having a "Casey Jones is Trans" headcannon and you can not stop me.

And wait... Baxter Stockman is MAYOR in the IDW comics? Is that... is he still a villain or is this a whole "president Lex Luthor/Trump Commentary" type deal?

D

Deleted member

I can't find an actual flashlight so I'm going to bed with this under my pillow lol
81TON6b1NvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

this is literally the only time this piece of garbage has been useful in any way.

If I don't post anything in the morning like usual then the powers gone out. Finger crossed it doesn't happen but there's already reports of blackouts happening and the icestorm is supposed to intensify tonight so I'm preparing as much as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sometimes a character can break off on their own. Wolverine usually works well, and some of the other X-Men(namely Deadpool, but Storm, Nightcrawler and Gambit are examples of short lived solo runs) got solo series here and there. And a lot of sidekicks like Supergirl, Robin and Batgirl have had solo series. Not to mention the Punisher, Harley Quinn and Venom.

Granted, I like Shaggy the most out of the group, memes aside.

But "Velma gets her own show" isn't as inherently hype as "There's a game about LUIGI?!" or Zero, Tron, Peach, Wario and so on.

Y'know what I DO like? Future versions of characters. Mega Man X, Spider-Man 2099, Batman Beyond. Now that's some good spin-off material.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom