• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

so the roads have been iced so bad I’m gonna have to do my schoolwork here at home.

Tbh I woulda preferred being at school outside of the confines of my parents but it’s fine.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
After talking about my original creations the other day, I went back in my writings just to see where I'm at.

There was a time I wanted to create songs for certain sections. Not songs that are sung by the characters, but songs that would play in certain scenes.

And I made one. And I cannot be anymore embarrassed. Lmao

Edit: I can't even bring myself to posting this. Holy **** this is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
After talking about my original creations the other day, I went back in my writings just to see where I'm at.

There was a time I wanted to create songs for certain sections. Not songs that are sung by the characters, but songs that would play in certain scenes.

Edit: I can't even bring myself to posting this. Holy **** this is just ridiculous.
Hey no worries, I’m sure you’re next song will be better!

What program did you use to make the song?

Shroob

Sup?

Bro, can't be any worse than the cringe **** I write daily lol.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I trashed it. That plot was removed a long time ago anyways so it didn't make the point I was (I think I was?) going for.
it was about the main character's slow acceptance of dying and being forgotten, and it was more like a depressing rant then an actual song.

I removed that aspect of him after I decided that I wanted him to be more jovial.
Sometimes I'll keep things I make and put them to the side to see if I can recycle or use them for other things. This must of been made back when I was in the hospital.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I DO wanna do song segments but not like that. Stuff more simple and brief, like when The Bearer Of The Ring plays when Gollum tries to take the ring from Frodo in that one cartoon from years ago.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Bit of an odd casting choice, but he's a damn good actor.
Love Mahershala. Though I don’t think The Last of Us TV series is going to be much of a hit so I don’t think he should take it. I could be wrong but I have seen like 0 excitement for the show.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Love Mahershala. Though I don’t think The Last of Us TV series is going to be much of a hit so I don’t think he should take it. I could be wrong but I have seen like 0 excitement for the show.
Sadly, the whole apocolypse shtick has been done to death in television, so I can see people getting burnt out.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Bit of an odd casting choice, but he's a damn good actor.
Speaking of which, they just cast Ellie

And the article says Mahershala isn't in

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I was actually hoping they would take a different approach with the TV show because The Last of Us story doesn’t really need to be adapted. Millions of people have played and loved it and the people who are going to be watching the show are probably the same ones who played the game. In my opinion they should’ve taken the story to follow Tommy or someone who isn’t the main focus of The Last of Us buuuuut I guess that’s what they’re aiming for.

I have other problems with HBO shows, like Watchmen, but I do feel like TLoU viewers are probably going to be people who are already fans of the game. And even then it’s very improbable that every player is going to watch the show. I don’t think it’s going to grab like Game of Thrones or Westworld did because it really is just another Zombie tale. No matter how good it is.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Can’t believe they butchered the Ratchet and Clank movie though, for real.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Adaptations can be really interesting if done well, It can tell the same story through a different lens that allows for more creative freedom.

Unfortunately Video Games have yet to be adapted well. I can only name like 2 or 3 good video game adaptations off the top of my head.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'll give Playstation All Stars this credit: up until recently, they had more creative movesets than Smash. Almost every character has moves and manuevers that referenced their home series in some really unique way, and it was just cool to see.

Too bad that meant throwing balance out the window.

D

Deleted member

welp, we may lose power overnight. It might not happen but I’m charging my portable chargers now just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom