• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I should've been calling Bowser a Pimp Daddy in 2013 when he got his fresh ride or 2015-2016 when be had his hipster gear...but that wedding gear he had in Odyssey solidified his Pimp Daddy status

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
You know, I wonder why Hulk/Stark didn't think to include "I'm not gonna be injured by the radiation" with their snap.

Obviously the real reason was that RDJ wanted to quit, but in canon?
Probably they just didn't think of it, they had to act fast in that situation, Tony especially cause Thanos was right in front of him and about to snap again.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Happy birthday Metal Shop X Metal Shop X hope you can find your name here:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What’s that mr Viacom executive? You have to ride the elevator all the way up to the top of this very tall building? So do I! Prepare for my long ass elevator pitch!

A three phase revitalization of the TMNT brand in video games. To start, an evolution of the classic beat em up games in 3D (which the old games already kind of were if you rally think about it because you can move up and down on the screen as well as left and right and the perspective give an illusion of a 3D space). Taking cues from Dynasty Warriors and PlatinumGames, but made by a western studio who loves the property. This one will be a bit more light hearted and over-the top action oriented and while not set in any one era of the franchise, it will include enough recognizable elements from each that fans of any era of the series will recognize stuff and get excited. The game will feature simultaneous four player co-op both online and couch, though if you can have the turtles you aren’t playing as be controlled by the CPU. It will have a decent length, but will still be short enough that people will have no issue playing again immediately with any of the new characters you unlock.

Next up, we launch production on a TMNT game in the vain of the Arkham series. You have control over all four Turtles, an can switch between them in combat the way you could in Arkham Knight during specific moments. The Turtles will constantly be splitting up in different configurations based on the plot, but you can still upgrade each one at any time. You can also switch between the turtles in your “party” while exploring and in stealth sections. You can even order your brothers to accomplish certain goals remotely, though if the goal is story important the player will be required to do it. The story will be two-pronged and take a reference from the 2012 cartoon, featuring Shredder and Kraang (spelled like the 2012 show but a singular entity like the 80s one and IDW comics) initially as independent antagonists before they eventually cross paths and ally with each other. Other villains will headline their own side quests. The story is meant to feel like you are playing through an entire season of an adult-skewed TMNT show.

Finally, we get Iron Galaxy on a revival of the Tournament Fighters games in the vein of their Killer Instinct revival. More serious then the beat em up, but more over the top then the Arkham game. With its grander scope and incredibly diverse lineup of playable characters, it can go places the other two can’t in reguards to narrative.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You know, I wonder why Hulk/Stark didn't think to include "I'm not gonna be injured by the radiation" with their snap.

Presumably, they have to focus on one particular idea, and if it's a choice between "I won't be injured by the radiation from the Infinity Stones" (which might not even work, given what happened when Thanos destroyed the stones originally) or "bring back everyone who was killed by the Snap"/"erase Thanos and his forces", they're going to pick the latter.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I'd give Tony a bit of a pass since he missed the first 2 snaps, and the last one was probably more of a "I know this is gonna kill me, but I have to save my family, my Spider-Man, and my planet" type deal via Strange giving him that one chance...then he died to keep that MCU bank going on into maximum overdrive

Hulk was just cocky enough to do it since he was "big and strong" enough to handle the pain dealt to his size...and now She-Hulk has to pick up his slack since he lost a usable arm probably

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well alright then:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well alright then:
Man it just keeps happening doesn't it. What's next? A prequel series of Caillou's parents before he was even born?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yes, there has been some pretty piss poor attempts at diversity, a lot of movies came under fire for that. That doesn't mean having a character with a different sexuality than the straight norm is forced or pandering. And yeah, I can see why someone would be offended if one claims it as such, regardless of intentions. Yes, not everything is a personal attack, not everything should be taken as such, but you have to remember that minorities (LGBT in this case) have been treated as outcasts for as long as time itself, and you have to remember that some phrases say are the same **** used to dismiss them.

I can see why someone would be offended over that, regardless if it was personal or not.

For ****s sake, do better people. Be ****ing courteous, you never know what **** can really ruin someone's day.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well alright then:
This isn't that bad. Ten episodes? I'll give it a chance.

D

Deleted member

Afternoon people. How's everyone's day so far?

That is all. Human interaction has reached daily satisfactory levels.

Back to Red Dead 2.
this thread has been on fire for the last few hours but my actual day has been mostly cleaning and doing work... so basically the usual weekday. Pretty boring ngl

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well alright then:
Also more Clone High.

I think... wasn’t Clone High an older show?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Hulk stated himself only he could handle the radiation output, which is why he did it in the first place.

Stark probably did it solely to save everyone in a tight situation.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Well alright then:
Lol that sounds..interesting?
I might give it a try.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

In canon the Infinity Stones are too powerful, the Guardians all had to hold hands just so they didn't get dusted by the Power Stone and that's with Star-Lord being part Celestial.
Thanos got ****ed up from using the stones too, really he was lucky he could function after using them twice.
Hulk's gamma radiation stuff helped mitigate the damage he took, they could also retcon in Immortal Hulk stuff
Tony's a regular ass human.

Even if they wanted to be like "pls don't hurt me" it wouldn't work, there's just too much power there.

Yes, there has been some pretty piss poor attempts at diversity, a lot of movies came under fire for that. That doesn't mean having a character with a different sexuality than the straight norm is forced or pandering. And yeah, I can see why someone would be offended if one claims it as such, regardless of intentions. Yes, not everything is a personal attack, not everything should be taken as such, but you have to remember that minorities (LGBT in this case) have been treated as outcasts for as long as time itself, and you have to remember that some phrases say are the same **** used to dismiss them.

I can see why someone would be offended over that, regardless if it was personal or not.

For *s sake, do better people. Be ****ing courteous, you never know what * can really ruin someone's day.
At this point it's hard to ruin my day because this ****'s so ****ing normalised. Better to push back on it instead of just taking it because the clowns might get upset.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
if ya haven't seen it...****ing watch Close Enough

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
In canon the Infinity Stones are too powerful, the Guardians all had to hold hands just so they didn't get dusted by the Power Stone and that's with Star-Lord being part Celestial.
Thanos got ****ed up from using the stones too, really he was lucky he could function after using them twice.
Hulk's gamma radiation stuff helped mitigate the damage he took, they could also retcon in Immortal Hulk stuff
Tony's a regular ass human.

Even if they wanted to be like "pls don't hurt me" it wouldn't work, there's just too much power there.

At this point it's hard to ruin my day because this ****'s so ****ing normalised. Better to push back on it instead of just taking it because the clowns might get upset.
I mean, I get pretty ****ing annoyed when people state the mere existence of blackness is political, so I can definitely underatand where you're coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom