• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
User was warned for this post

I dont... even know what to say anymore...
"hue hue lets add a pansexual because TOKEN DIVERSITY"

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
"hue hue lets add a pansexual because TOKEN DIVERSITY"
One should never assume representation will be tokenism until you see the actual project. Studio executives will latch on to any “gimmick” in marketing regardless of the intentions of the people actually making it. Assuming tokenism does nothing but mock potential efforts of inclusivity and diversity.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh wait...I also forget that McCurdy is also more focused on writing and directing media type stuff now

and sorry Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade but that one scene you told me about from Strikers is still in the game...and fully dubbed

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
oh wait...I also forget that McCurdy is also more focused on writing and directing media type stuff now

and sorry Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade but that one scene you told me about from Strikers is still in the game...and fully dubbed
I hope they can eventually get her to make like... a guest appearance or something. I have nothing against new characters, but it would be nice to see her at some point.

D

Deleted member

It is too early in the morning for this ****, lets not
yeah I’d much rather not start my day talking about lgbt in media, even if it’s a bit of an interesting subject.

So here’s a question for ya’ll: what’s your favorite game?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
yeah I’d much rather not start my day talking about lgbt in media

Super Smash Bros: Project+ (formerly known as Project M)

It blends everything together right for me in a Smash game. It keeps the very solid quality single player modes from Brawl. Along with that, it brings in the standard Melee tech while also keeping Brawl tech to make the game as deep as possible. At the same time though, getting used to wave dashing and dash dancing and L-cancelling is far easier here than in Melee. It's much less precise, so it's easier for people to get into compared to Melee because the skill floor is significantly lower. I love how well balanced the cast is as well. There isn't a single bad or useless character in the roster; everyone ranges from amazing at best to passable at worst. There are a ton of stages and music tracks, just like in Ultimate. Even the wifi mode is pretty decent!

I can't think of a single complaint I have about Project+, really. I've loved the Smash series since I was 10 years old, but this game hits on all the right notes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I hope they can eventually get her to make like... a guest appearance or something. I have nothing against new characters, but it would be nice to see her at some point.
if there’s still issues then that would be a bad idea. Shoot we still ain’t got no Cory in Raven’s Home after all these seasons

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
yeah I’d much rather not start my day talking about lgbt in media, even if it’s a bit of an interesting subject.

My all time favorite game is Banjo-Kazooie. The whole game just fills me with a sense of childlike wonder and nostalgia (despite only ever playing it as an adult). It’s just really fun.

Below that would probably be Killer Instinct ‘13. My go to fighting game. The combat is one of those easy to learn hard to master deals (I’m still by no means a master though, every time I fight another human I loose hard) and it really serves to make you deal like the ultimate god of fighting. Not to mention it’s basically 80s cartoons personified, which makes for a very amazing lineup of characters.

Then number three, of course, I haven’t shut up about it sense I played it, Final Fantasy VII Remake. The story and world of FFVII was already one of my favorites in gaming, but I never really felt right putting it on lists like this because the gameplay didn’t really mesh with me. Remake takes the combat and makes it all real time with a really nice slow-no bullet time spell casting feature that’s unlike any other combat game I’ve ever played and is both fun, rewarding, and addicting. First game I ever replayed on new game plus immediately after finishing my first run. Can’t wait to eventually play Part 2 and then FFXVI. Assuming I get a next gen console soon...

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
Infinity Train really did get cancelled in the end...actual bull****. It shouldn’t have ever been moved to HBO Max

Linked due to language

also iCarly 2021 is more of a sequel than a reboot...like Raven’s Home
WHAT. INFINITY TRAIN WAS ONE OF THE HIGHEST RATED SHOWS ON HBO MAX. YOU'VE GOT TO BE ***KING KIDDING ME.

I feel like Im close to being ready to fight Wall of Flesh now and dying many times in hard mod
If you have a fast way to get down there, the Wall of Flesh only respawns when it gets to one side of Hell to the other.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So this is it, today is my birthday.

Hard to think so much time as passed, yet there's still so much more up ahead. Idk what the future as up for all of us, but since I prefer sticking with the present. I like to say the following announcement, to celebrate this like a true gamer gentleman:

ahem ahem

Now with that out of the way.

I like to thank @Guh-Huzzah! , @AndreaAC , @KarneraMythos , @Knight Dude , @Noipoi , @osby , Lamperouge Lamperouge & lots of other peoples for supporting me and/or my arts & being great users to interact with for all those years I been on this website. While we don't always agree on some stuff, at the end of the day, we are still able to be cool with each other & just have fun and make dumb jokes that may or may not always land. (which is half of the fun some might say)

While I haven't posted much arts those days, I do have several projects i'm working on that are either coloring or full on drawing on my parts, and I hope I be able to share them soon (no rush tho, art take time). I'm always excited to share the stuff I got, and I hope you feel the same too. Especially since I became much betters at drawing & using CSP ever since I started using that program, still got alot to learn, but the years of works aren't going to waste.

Finally, I hope I can continue to be good folk to be around here. While I keep alot of stuff about me a secret and I know some users have a hard time knowing what to say to me due this, I do think it's for the best for everyone. Idk if I done a good job at hiding it, but i'm actually quite anxious & shy at time, and if you know those two things, it can be hard to share too much details about yourself before you start worrying about what peoples will think of you on some levels. I like to go on this forum to relax & have fun with all of sort gamers around the world, and while I can tackle the occasional serious subject here and there, I prefer avoiding stuff that are too serious & hard to talk about. There's a time and a place to talk about this stuff, but often, It's just not my style, and I hope you understand. (i'm also not very good long post, so don't get use to this kind of post from me)

With that all said, I wish you all a very great day, and now, i'm going to take a well-deserved nap.

See ya all around, docs.
Happy birthday, mate. Hope today treats you well and you have a good nap.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
WHAT. INFINITY TRAIN WAS ONE OF THE HIGHEST RATED SHOWS ON HBO MAX. YOU'VE GOT TO BE ***KING KIDDING ME.
I haven't seen infinity train but I've heard nothing but good things. So, this comes as a disappointment to me too, even though I haven't seen even a frame of the show (outside of advertisements of course).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
As someone who's pansexual
**** off
I wasnt taking shots at you, I was taking shots at people that ad stuff like different sexualitys just to have them

Please next time, calm down and ask me what I meant before cursing me out, I would love that very much

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I dont... even know what to say anymore...
I was expecting Jennette not to get back on the train, but god that description of the trendy era it's in makes me gag. Cool on them for the new character ideas though, but the setting itself makes me dread the content it'll make.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
If you have a fast way to get down there, the Wall of Flesh only respawns when it gets to one side of Hell to the other.
i do have a few ways to get down there. Would it be possable to run after him from the back and still damage him if I did die and came back while he was still in Hell? Or does he not stay spawned after I die there? Maybe its best to set up a bed there before I do anything

Edit: NVM, I just read it will pull you back infront of it from behind

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
User was warned for this post
I wasnt taking shots at you, I was taking shots at people that ad stuff like different sexualitys just to have them

Please next time, calm down and ask me what I meant before cursing me out, I would love that very much
Nah you know exactly what you're doing.
Pound sand.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Lol ok.
Anyway, damn, there is s much **** I coukd of had for this damn wall of flesh fight that I do not have. I coukd of been looking for lava immunity stuff if I wasnt focused on make stone pathways for the fight. And trying to contain this ****ing Crimson is stressing me the hell out

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i do have a few ways to get down there. Would it be possable to run after him from the back and still damage him if I did die and came back while he was still in Hell? Or does he not stay spawned after I die there? Maybe its best to set up a bed there before I do anything

Edit: NVM, I just read it will pull you back infront of it from behind
If you somehow manage to die in the wall of flesh fight and get back he’ll pull you towards him, but this can only happen in multplayer games as in regular singleplayer games he’ll just despawn like all other bosses

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

should've stayed on Cartoon Network, that way we'd still have those other 5 seasons. HBO Max really screwed them over
I haven't seen infinity train but I've heard nothing but good things. So, this comes as a disappointment to me too, even though I haven't seen even a frame of the show (outside of advertisements of course).
it was absolutely amazing
Nah you know exactly what you're doing.
Pound sand.
the hell does that even mean? Pumpkaboo and Osby are some of the last people here who would purposely say something to genuinely offend others. At the most, you could be overthinking it and making it seem as if they're being Satan or Mephisto...and I'm sure PP didn't mean to make it sound bad

oh well...probably shouldn't continue this anyways, so...
20210208_084234.jpg

now let's be stupid fun again

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Reading a little from this page i'll just say..
as someone who's part of the lgbt community, I think representation is good, but not when it's forced.

Gay is not a personality, please do not make that a characters only trait, it's just annoying.
And how does one judge if something's "forced" then?
Those are goalposts that are always being moved. The reality is a pansexual character is no more forced than the bazillion straight characters who have literally no personality themselves.

You can forgive and forget, or you can show everyone just how irrational your anger can get by thinking everyone has the worst intentions in mind.
Not the Trump voter telling me to forgive someone with a history of hating diversity in media.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
And how does one judge if something's "forced" then?
Those are goalposts that are always being moved. The reality is a pansexual character is no more forced than the bazillion straight characters who have literally no personality themselves.

Not the Trump voter telling me to forgive someone with a history of hating diversity in media.
you need to stop

D

Deleted member

I’m not lgbt myself, but you would be surprised at how prevalent it is in the furry community.

I’m fine with lgbt characters in media personally. It’s when the only trait they have is just that they’re lgbt and only exist for that reason that it irks me the wrong way.

I can see this convo is steering in a bad direction though so that’s all I’m gonna say.

D

Deleted member

I know im probably annoying people with these Terraria stuff but what is a good armour set for someone who like the shoot bee arrows for Wall of Fleash and Hardmode?
since that’s a ranged weapon the Necro armor will probably be your best bet.
https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Necro_armor
you’ll be sacrificing a bit of defense for damage though, assuming you’ve already upgraded to post prehardmode dungeon gear. But considering the WOL fight is basically timed by your world size that’s not as big an issue as it would appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom