• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

dezeray112

Smash Hero
That sounds like a really cool idea for the attraction, indeed.

maybe to do a bit of theming we could put that attraction between the Mario section and the rumoured Donkey Kong expansion, as a sort of Lost Forest in the middle of both places.
Speaking of expansions, it does make me wonder what other themed attractions should they do next? Donkey Kong is certainly bound to be one of them, but could we see something attractions from other Nintendo franchises such as the Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Starfox etc in the future?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
From the movies of theirs I've seen, Blue Sky was a very competent studio with some notable gems like the first Ice Age, the surprisingly faithful and charming Peanuts Movie, and they get extra points for actually making a fairly solid Dr. Seuss based film (Which Hollywood has a notable history of botching exponentially) with Horton Hears A Who.

I mean, they also had less than stellar follow-ups to Ice Age, but I'm certain those were studio mandated to the point they were just completely burned out by the last few. Otherwise, their output was very decent.

Sad to see em close for good, especially when all the employees will likely be layed off. A shame Disney didn't sell it, I'm sure other studios could've easily found use for it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What games have ya'll been playing recently?

I've personally been playing alot of Town of Salem in my downtime(if only the school wifi worked with it but eh) and at home I've been fond of playing Gmod and hanging out with some randoms on a furry gmod sandbox server(it was either that or hang out in some of the worst hellholes of a server I've seen, no thank you)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of expansions, it does make me wonder what other themed attractions should they do next? Donkey Kong is certainly bound to be one of them, but could we see something attractions from other Nintendo franchises such as the Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Starfox etc in the future?
As much as I wish for a Metroid expansion, I sadly feel It is highly unlikely due to the usual sales of the series in general.

Legend Of Zelda, Kirby and Fire Emblem are right now the most likely expansions for me at the moment. Not counting Pikmin because they technically are already present.

People can say what they want about Fire Emblem but between the smashing success of Fire Emblem Heroes and Three Houses the series is starting to progressivily grow as one of the big Nintendo IPs for merch and such.
I could see a Fire Emblem expansion for Super Nintendo World at least in Japan.

Kirby and Zelda are highly marketable too.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think there’s a Donkey Kong minecart roller coaster rumored for the new Universal Park in Orlando.
I also recently saw a video about potential lands in the two existing parks that could be cut. The first two mentioned were Kidszone in Universal Studios and Lost Continent at Islands of Adventure. The person who made the video speculated how there could be Pokémon replacing Kidszone (except the E.T. ride) and Zelda replacing Lost Continent.

It’s just speculation, but anything is plausible these days.

D

Deleted member

I've been playing a good chunk of 3D Mario to prepare myself for 3D World, Origami King, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Persona 5 Royal and some mobile phone games.

Been thinking about jumping back to Fire Emblem Three Houses too, with my current hype about Marianne's vote from a few days ago.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
not gonna forget the fact that Robots introduced me to Britney Spears
Disney you missing out

D

Deleted member

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, with SMITE on the side.
That's the one on 3DS right?

I always wanted to get the Samus gear, but I was way too young and didn't understand how anything in the Game worked and couldn't get to do the Samus gear mission.

Should give the game another try sometime soon.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
****, another chipped tooth from eating a biscuit. I'm eating and brushing my teeth like mad but man they are so brittle now. And can't go back to the dentist until I've had my teeth taken out (and can't go back to them until I've had a blood test) which is fun.

I've personally been playing alot of Town of Salem in my downtime(if only the school wifi worked with it but eh) and at home I've been fond of playing Gmod and hanging out with some randoms on a furry gmod sandbox server(it was either that or hang out in some of the worst hellholes of a server I've seen, no thank you)
Past few days has been a mixture of things.
Messing around in Red Dead 2, almost finished Gravity Rush 2, playing Othello/Renegade the devil's game in 51 Worldwide Games and trying get a perfect score on all of the Weathering with You songs on Taiko.

Probably gonna replay Ghost of Tsushima again.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I see both parks getting a sizeable Zelda and Pokémon themed expansion, with smaller DK and Kirby ones. But since there’s gonna be one in the states AND Japan. I think the American parks will get a Star Fox/Metroid themed area (and maybe an F-Zero rollercoaster) and the Japanese ones will get a sizeable Fire Emblem one.

D

Deleted member

Wow, that’s definitely disappointing of Disney to do.

Although I confess, I legitimately didn’t know they owned(?) Blue Sky Studios.....

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ice Ages 4 and 5 were at that point obvious cash cows deciding to forget what made Ice Age so great degrading to toilet humor and pop culture references.

**** those films.

Joy! Can't wait for the inevitable live-action Ice Age that will get announced at some point given Disney holds the rights now!

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Wow, that’s definitely disappointing of Disney to do.

Although I confess, I legitimately didn’t know they owned(?) Blue Sky Studios.....
They own it through their purchase of 20th Century Fox/Studios assets from 2019.

Certain stuff, such as Fox Network, and the various news and sports channels, were spun off into their own company and not sold to Disney.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only person here who found at least the first Rio movie fun?

I'm not seeing anyone bringing It up.
I don't think I ever watched it.

For some reason, I have its party game for my PS3, though. I have no reason why or when I bought it, it's just there.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I see both parks getting a sizeable Zelda and Pokémon themed expansion, with smaller DK and Kirby ones. But since there’s gonna be one in the states AND Japan. I think the American parks will get a Star Fox/Metroid themed area (and maybe an F-Zero rollercoaster) and the Japanese ones will get a sizeable Fire Emblem one.
Yeah that's how I'd see it. Fire Emblem or Splatoon would take up space for Japan. Splatoon is begging for a ride or an attraction.

As for a few like Xenoblade and Arms (if it gets another game)? Can see exclusive merch and such but that's it. Us Monado Boys are gonna get the shaft but what else is new.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nintendo should let us replicate the Battle of the Eagle and Lion for innocent action...definitely not the reunion fight cause yikes

D

Deleted member

The animals and the landscape will be rendered gorgeously.

And the writing will suck :p
Replace writing with gameplay and that's the most accurate description of an Unreal Engine 4 fan demo I've ever seen.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah that's how I'd see it. Fire Emblem or Splatoon would take up space for Japan. Splatoon is begging for a ride or an attraction.

As for a few like Xenoblade and Arms (if it gets another game)? Can see exclusive merch and such but that's it. Us Monado Boys are gonna get the shaft but what else is new.
If we could somehow get DK, Splatoon, and especially Pokemon stuff in one theme park I’d probably have a joy heart attack.

It won’t happen, but just the thought alone...

D

Deleted member

If we could somehow get DK, Splatoon, and especially Pokemon stuff in one theme park I’d probably have a joy heart attack.

It won’t happen, but just the thought alone...
I think I heard somewhere that Pokémon has their own theme Park, but I can't remember properly.

I don't think I ever watched it.

For some reason, I have its party game for my PS3, though. I have no reason why or when I bought it, it's just there.
Finally, the biggest challenge for the Smurf games on Wii.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Keep Yourself Alive 2 might be my favorite of Sol's themes. Not a huge GG guy, but I do like the music at least.

Oh boy! I also can't wait to see how they look Lion King 2019 style! :rolleyes:
Yeah we get it. Live action Disney films suck. That's why I don't talk about them instead of constant complaining. You'd be surprised how strong the art of sandbagging is for your soul.

Anyways, While I wasn't a huge Blue Sky fan, it is disappointing there's one less studio for animated films. Hopefully those guys who work there find jobs as soon as possible, especially in the current situation.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The only bright side to Blue Sky shutting down is that Ice Age is finally extinct as it should have been since the third film.

Everything else though...Ouch...Don't know why Disney can't get those employees who worked there to work for them now since they owned it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom